DCS World v2 description

cichlidfan

Since the Normandy map announcement, the text for the v2 download description was changed to reflect that a terrain is required as opposed to saying that Nevada was required.

However, whoever made the change only changed the word Nevada, or NTTR (I don't remember exactly what it said), to the word terrain, which makes the rest of the sentence make no sense and the rest of the paragraph confusing, at the very least.

DCS World 2 requires terrain module, that includes the largest contiguous air and ground space available for peacetime military operations in the free world. The NTTR land area includes simulated air defense systems, mock airbases, and several target ranges. The NTTR was also used for nuclear testing. Today, it is home to RED FLAG and other military exercises that include countries from around the world. The NTTR map for DCS World 2 includes Nellis AFB, Creech AFB, McCarran International Airport and the infamous Groom Lake AFB (aka Area 51). This map also includes the city of Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport, and Hoover Dam.

The whole paragraph should just be replaced with something like

At this time, DCS World 2 requires a purchased terrain module.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: