Community A-4E-C

Excellent news heclak,the A-4E-C is an out of the box masterpiece,it's easily one of the best modules going,and it's FREE.

Kudos to you and your team Sir,you have done a sterling effort on this aircraft and you deserve all the credit that's going.

First Class thumbup.gif

Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate your support.

GaeKIuB.png

So it looks like the new EDM files might fix the issues with weapon visibility. The plan is to release them in a patch with a bunch of fixes and new keybindings.

We're looking for testers in order to test new builds and work towards a public release. Please let us know if you're able to help. We can't release new builds if we can't get them tested properly. We need testers who are willing/able to:

• meticulously/systematically test each aspect of the aircraft
  • write bug reports so that we can address them

Please reach out to us if you're able to help. It would be best if you're available on the A-4E-C discord channel as that is our primary communications channel.

https://discord.gg/tQZbkTQ

As a man of procedure I might be able to help a little. Do you guys have specific tests to run or is that left up to the testers?

I’ve posted info for testers and a test build on discord. We don’t have a specific procedure for this patch as it’s mostly fixes. We do have test conditions and behaviours for more complex systems like the AWRS.

This is what I provided testers with during the AWRS rewrite. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/518815760123035648/541473437709893664/AWRS_Notes_for_Testers.pdf

Do drop by the discord channel if you can to get the feed for the test build. If we can get a couple of people to sign off on the changelog then we can release it to the general public. Then I can get back to working on the cool stuff for v1.4.

A heads up for all the key binding requests. Here is the list of new key bindings that are coming in v1.3.1. These are pending testing right now and there might be changes. So if there are some commands that you requested, you're encouraged to join in the testing group to help confirm that the commands are working.

We want to make sure this changelog is confirmed before doing a public release. Then we can get back to working on the cool stuff again for the next big update. Active testers are still a rarity so it might take a long time to confirm the changelog if we can't get more help. We would appreciate your support if possible.

Mouse

- Clickable Mouse Cockpit Mode On/Off

Keyboard

- Lock view (cycle padlock)

- Unlock view (stop padlock)

- All missiles padlock

- Threat missile padlock

- Lock terrain view

- AWRS: Toggle multiplier

- AWRS: Quantity select increase

- AWRS: Quantity select decrease

- AWRS: Mode Select CCW

- AWRS: Mode Select CW

- APC: Power - OFF

- APC: Power - Stby

- APC: Power - Engage

- APC: Temp - Cold

- APC: Temp - Std

- APC: Temp - Hot

- BDHI - NAV CMPTR

- BDHI - TACAN

- BDHI - NAV PAC

- BOMB ARM - NOSE & TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF

- BOMB ARM - TAIL

- Function Selector: OFF

- Function Selector: ROCKETS

- Function Selector: GM UNARM

- Function Selector: SPRAY TANK

- Function Selector: LABS

- Function Selector: BOMBS & GM ARM

- Interior Lights: White Floodlight Increase

- Interior Lights: White Floodlight Decrease

- Interior Lights: Instrument Lights Increase

- Interior Lights: Instrument Lights Decrease

- Interior Lights: Console Lights Increase

- Interior Lights: Console Lights Decrease

Joystick

- All missiles padlock

- Threat missile padlock

- Lock terrain view

- Engine Start

- Engine Stop

- APC: Power - STBY/OFF

- APC: Power - STBY/ENGAGE

- APC: Temp - STD/COLD

- APC: Temp - STD/HOT

- BDHI - NAV CMPTR

- BDHI - TACAN

- BDHI - NAV PAC

- BDHI - TACAN/NAV CMPTR

- BDHI - TACAN/NAV PAC

- BOMB ARM - NOSE & TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF

- BOMB ARM - TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF/NOSE & TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF/TAIL

Joystick Axis

- Lighting: Instrument

- Lighting: Console

- Lighting: White Flood

- AWRS Drop Interval

Edit: New commands for lighting were added.

Edited by heclak

Community A-4E-C Release v1.3.1 now available

Hi everyone! We are releasing a new patch for the A-4E-C with some critical fixes and a number of new key bindings that have been requested by the community. This is not a major release with significant new features so we are naming it version 1.3.1. The primary fix in this patch is the new EDM 3D files which are required as of DCS Openbeta version 2.5.5. This is a required update for all versions post 2.5.5 which should eventually be required for the release version as well.

We have been working on some quality of life improvements such as additional key bindings and we have improved the function of the carrier catapult. Spawning on the carrier catapult will now automatically hook you into the catapult with no additional key presses.

We are consolidating all our resources on Github so our distribution will be via Github as well. No account is necessary to download but a free account is required for posting bugs in the issue tracker.

Please take a look at the detailed changelog below for details. We hope you'll be able to take the A-4E to the skies once again and thank you for your support.

Download Community A-4E-C v 1.3.1

Calling for Testers

We are constantly looking for additional people who can help with functional testing and playtesting of the development builds of the A-4E-C. Due to the complex nature of the mod, the dev team isn't able to properly test every aspect of the mod and this has been pushing back our development time and release schedule.

We are looking for motivated individuals who are able to help perform functional testing when new features are added and playtesting when a release version is being built. We need individuals who are willing to file bug reports detailing the problem so that the devs can address the issues. Experience and knowledge of the A-4E while appreciated, is not a requirement. We need testers who could try to break the module with incorrect procedures as well. What is important is the willingness to learn the systems through the various documentation, the willingness to be procedural in testing, and filing bug reports in the issue tracker when bugs are found.

If you are interested in helping out, please get in contact with us through our discord channel.

Changelog: Version 1.3.1 - 17 June 2019

Added

- Added new quick start (instant action) missions (4 in Caucasus, 4 in Persian Gulf).

- New keybindings

- Added "clickable cockpit" binding to mouse

- Added AWRS keybinds

- Added axis for white floodlights

- Fixed lighting axis

- Added APC keybinds

- Added engine start/stop keybinds for joystick

- Added View padlock bindings

- Added BOMB ARM and BDHI keybinds

- Added new incremental controls for lighting

Changed

- Corrected cockpit position with respect to external model (Gunsight alignment is slightly affected but the offset should be negligible)

- Aircraft will now be hooked into the catapult if spawned on the catapult.

Deprecated

- removed unused FC3 keybindings for HUD and HUD modes

Removed

- Some unused keybindings may be removed. Primarily leftover FC3 keybindings.

Fixed

- fixed floating nosegear

- Fixed init code where left wing tip nav light turns invisible when the master light switch is toggled at the start

- Updated anti-collision rotation angle to 180 degrees

- Fixed RWR initial volume to match volume position

- Added aggressor liveries to AUSAF

- Fixed condition where flaps indicator is invisible when power is not available

- replaced EDM8 files with EDM10 files as support for EDM8 was dropped with 2.5.5.31917

- updated theme to get loading image automatically loaded when A-4E-C is used

List of new keybindings

Mouse

- Clickable Mouse Cockpit Mode On/Off

Keyboard

- All missiles padlock

- Threat missile padlock

- Lock terrain view

- BDHI - NAV CMPTR

- BDHI - TACAN

- BDHI - NAV PAC

- BOMB ARM - NOSE & TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF

- BOMB ARM - TAIL

Joystick

- All missiles padlock

- Threat missile padlock

- Lock terrain view

- Engine Start

- Engine Stop

- APC: Power - STBY/OFF

- APC: Power - STBY/ENGAGE

- APC: Temp - STD/COLD

- APC: Temp - STD/HOT

- BDHI - NAV CMPTR

- BDHI - TACAN

- BDHI - NAV PAC

- BDHI - TACAN/NAV CMPTR

- BDHI - TACAN/NAV PAC

- BOMB ARM - NOSE & TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF

- BOMB ARM - TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF/NOSE & TAIL

- BOMB ARM - OFF/TAIL

Joystick Axis

- Lighting: Instrument

- Lighting: Console

- Lighting: White Flood

- AWRS Drop Interval

Will this update fix the problem of causing other aircraft to sink into the ground https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243187

That’s interesting. It was never brought to our attention that there was such a bug. It would be best to file bugs at https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues so we can be informed of it.

I’m inclined to think it is a bug with the DCS Engine itself between EFM and SFM aircraft but I’ll try to investigate regardless. Since I haven’t been able to recreate this issue yet, would you be able to help with some tests for data collection?

That’s interesting. It was never brought to our attention that there was such a bug. It would be best to file bugs at https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues so we can be informed of it.

I’m inclined to think it is a bug with the DCS Engine itself between EFM and SFM aircraft but I’ll try to investigate regardless. Since I haven’t been able to recreate this issue yet, would you be able to help with some tests for data collection?

Cheers buddy. I was still testing at the time and didnt want to start pointing fingers until i was sure

Cheers buddy. I was still testing at the time and didnt want to start pointing fingers until i was sure

No worries. I’m perfectly fine with people reporting possible issues as long as people are willing to be detailed and assist in additional testing. Not all issues can be recreated on our end.

There’s also the point that mods like the A-4E might not be causing the bug but just revealing a bug in the main sim. In that case, we really can’t do anything about it. But if there’s something that we can do on our end that is within reason, we’ll definitely try our best since we are making this for the community after all.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen my reply on your thread. It would be extremely useful if you could help out with providing that data. So if there’s really something that I can do on our end, we can try to squeeze it into the next patch.

@Alphazulu

delete the whole current mod version and the input folder in savedgames\dcs\config\input first

to make sure no conflicts with the new version,

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

When a "patch' for this is released like the 1.3.1 version above do we just download it and and replace the existing A4 directory with it? Or does it actually run and install updates the the existing directory?

Thanks,

@Alphazulu

delete the whole current mod version and the input folder in savedgames\dcs\config\input first

to make sure no conflicts with the new version,

Ah, we need to redo our HOTAS bindings with this update?

There isn't a need to delete your input folder unless you run into issues rebinding keys. There's no major change to the controls that people usually have bound so we don't predict many people needing to rebind keys.

But you must delete the existing A-4E-C folder and replace it as per all updates.

Thank you for adding the new key binds!

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

My squadron is running a test mission tonight to test the catapult functionality , ill let you know how the new bindngs work out as well

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Keep 'em coming

Thanks! I hope you have fun!

Great work with the mod guys! I'm still running the older version. Will try the new update. Can't wait to see what future updates will bring :thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Just wanted to ask is this aircraft version called the Skyhawk or Mongoose?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Is it ok to share Mod videos in this thread?