476th Range Targets Package

Stuka

The package is updated and available on our site.

See post #1 for all info.

Thank you very much, this is an indispensable Mod :D

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Epic. Thank you.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 3 weeks later...

This is awesome. NTTR map has been crying out for this. Well done for releasing your hard work freely.

Might be a silly question, but is there a map somewhere with all the target complexes on it (names, type etc)?

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/nttr/nttr.php

You'll need to register if you haven't already.

Thanks, registering now :)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 3 weeks later...
This is awesome. NTTR map has been crying out for this. Well done for releasing your hard work freely.

Might be a silly question, but is there a map somewhere with all the target complexes on it (names, type etc)?

If not already aware; here's a link to the complete NTTR mission, containing all the targets.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is anyone else getting only half of an FCLP box in-game? The full box appears in the ME, but when I jump in the game, only the aft half is visible. I've tried it at multiple airfields and always the same problem. Running the 14NOV package.

Where did you drop it? Is the runway actually level? Nellis, for example, has a slight slope.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

So far at Al Minhad, Liwa, and Qeshm. The altitude readout on the ME indicates no slope for a good 1,000ft where I put the box.

In general, I'm having a very difficult time finding a suitable runway for the thing. Almost none of the runways are oriented in a 1-degree increment, so the FCLP box is always offset a fraction of a degree.

So far at Al Minhad, Liwa, and Qeshm. The altitude readout on the ME indicates no slope for a good 1,000ft where I put the box.

In general, I'm having a very difficult time finding a suitable runway for the thing. Almost none of the runways are oriented in a 1-degree increment, so the FCLP box is always offset a fraction of a degree.

It's a difficult nut to crack. ED doesnt provide an SDK, so we're left to trickery to try and make/keep things working. Many undocumented changes over the years have caused the need to completely change the models, export settings, textures, the mod structure, and install location.

Presently, the FCLP box is a planar object raised a few inches above the origin. Assuming flat ground, all should be visible. But sometimes there is z-fighting, or fully half the model disappears. Can't do much about that other than raise it further off the ground, but then it looks weird taxiing around floating lines.

Same for the unit heading. It would be nice if the ME allowed decimal heading entry, but right now you have to manually edit the .mix, and even that seems to be hit or miss. The alternative is to include multiple models in increments of 0.1 (or even 0.05) heading delta. But is having 10 (or 20) variations of the model really worth it?

I wish there was a better answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a temporary solution for both issues. Regarding the flickering FCLP Box, I place it as a ground unit were I want it to be. I then take the T-FARP from dimitriov's Ze Dim' New Static Pack and place that as a static object on very centre of the FCLP Box. It has a very low collision model so you won't explode when going over it.

Regarding the heading, I set a waypoint for the FCLP Box. It obviously won't move but you will find that it points exactly in the direction of the waypoint, even if it's between two headings.

Link to the static pack: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242793

Hope this helps in some way.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I tried to install it the whole day but cant get it to work. All my other mods shop up in game just fine. When I´m ingame It shows up under installed modules in the top left menue but there are no assets in my Mission editor and I cant join our server even so we tried pretty much everything. I use the open Beta. Only thing different to my buddys is that my saved games folder in on E instead of C because This folder allways blews up and filled my C Drive really quickly. We tried installer with other mods as well. Everything shows up but the target range. I tried older versions as well but won´t work no matter what I tried. Please help! Cheers Toby

• 2 weeks later...

Unable to get objects to load

I found my issue. If I would slow down and properly read instructions. I initially placed the folder in my DCS world mods/tech folder and not the saved games version. Nothing to see here, move along. I look forward to using these assets. Thank you to Noodle and Stuka for your time and efforts.

Edited by intx
Found my issue