Would you pay for skins?

Marcq

of course i would pay

sorry guys, i understand that everybody wants to get everything for free, or as cheap as possible

but if you never made skins then you will not really appreciate the efforts of others and you have no idea how many work hours/man-hours (starting with research) can be put into a "simple" correct and detailed/realistic skin/livery

just MHO

sign-pic4.jpg

This is the silliest discussion I have ever seen on this forum.

1 - Since there is no way to protect them, the whole idea is pointless.

2 - Since ED owns the rights to the model, skinning it for profit is probably not legal.

3 - In the MP environment, custom skins would not even be visible unless every client owned them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No, utmost contraproductive in the end I'd say.

anyway, as cichlidfan said, pointless.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

This is the silliest discussion I have ever seen on this forum.

1 - Since there is no way to protect them, the whole idea is pointless.

2 - Since ED owns the rights to the model, skinning it for profit is probably not legal.

3 - In the MP environment, custom skins would not even be visible unless every client owned them.

Just on point 2:

Are you aware of the Steam Workshop and the entire CS:GO skinning industry? Same for TF2 stuff.

Just saying it's entirely a thing that's being done by other companies. Nothing stopping ED going that route, if they offered the platform for selling.

That said, I certainly wouldn't pay for skins.

Just on point 2:

Are you aware of the Steam Workshop and the entire CS:GO skinning industry? Same for TF2 stuff.

Just saying it's entirely a thing that's being done by other companies. Nothing stopping ED going that route, if they offered the platform for selling.

That would still require an agreement from ED to allow it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

no

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Absolutely NO ! Alot of people here make skins out of love for aviation like myself in the past. Not to gain anything from them whatsoever. People send PM's offering money to make them certain skins and i always turned them down because i want to make a skin when i have the time for it and i want the whole community to enjoy it as much i do myself. This world nowadays is already polluted by money milking practices as it is. Lets at least keep our niche enjoyable for everyone! :pilotfly:

g8PjVMw.png

Absolutely NO ! Alot of people here make skins out of love for aviation like myself in the past. Not to gain anything from them whatsoever. People send PM's offering money to make them certain skins and i always turned them down because i want to make a skin when i have the time for it and i want the whole community to enjoy it as much i do myself. This world nowadays is already polluted by money milking practices as it is. Lets at least keep our niche enjoyable for everyone! :pilotfly:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Nope wouldn't pay for skins either. Mainly because that is a very slippery slope and before we know it, monetization around here becomes just like all the AAA lootbox and microtransaction madness. This attracts a different crowd, and then the product and value for money changes accordingly. I don't see ED going this way, but once it starts and a couple years have passed...which developer could say not to all the easy money thrown at them by kids and "whales"?