Recording DCS World gameplay?

luckyfortune

I use Shadow-Play (with NVIDIA cards) and TwitchTV (it´s free after creating account) for streaming. Have no problems today with latest GeForce-Experience & you can use your Twitch-Account with it.

But be in mind: you should have a good bandwith for upload the stream .... and a good processor too ;)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

I've used Fraps before but like poster #2 says, its a performance killer. Not tried Shadowplay but it's the same kind of thing - if you've got an Nvidia card.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

I use Shadow-Play (with NVIDIA cards) and TwitchTV (it´s free after creating account) for streaming. Have no problems today with latest GeForce-Experience & you can use your Twitch-Account with it.

But be in mind: you should have a good bandwith for upload the stream .... and a good processor too ;)

You can use Shadow-Play with DCS now????? I don't want to stream, I want to save to my SSD. Is streaming from Shadow-Play the only way to use it?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

You can use Shadow-Play with DCS now????? I don't want to stream, I want to save to my SSD. Is streaming from Shadow-Play the only way to use it?

Yep! After few patches last time, u can now use shadow-play and of course: Isn´t the only program you can use.

There are diffrent software to capture and save to your SSD. You´ll have to trie out some of them :)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

Btw... How do you record the desktop? I have an option there but looks dissabled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I use OBS which allows me to record a selected area or one of my many screens as well as PTT voice transmissions.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Zal, try and Google that problem. There are too many possibilities to guess. I would guess you run multi-monitor, or odd resolution, or have something disabled.

I run a single monitor with 3D settings 'single display performance mode'. Not saying it is this. It could be ANYTHING. Suggest you google.

Thanks guys.

I have been having problems with OBS, for some reason. It crashes the game, even when I'm running both DCS World and OBS as Administrator. I've looked all over for a fix for it, but haven't found a solution yet.

I run a three-monitor setup, but for some reason, whenever I try to turn on Shadowplay, it gives me a little circle with a red strikethrough through it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edited to add: I've updated to the latest certified driver. Still seems to be a problem, I can't get the overlay to work. The menu wants me to press ten different ctrl keys simultaneously to get the layout to appear and I can't unset it without it wanting me to press ten of the same keys simultaneously. It looks like Shadowplay's not an option if it's this buggy.

Edited again to add: Looks like I can't use MSI Predator to capture it, don't think my card is supported. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting OBS to work with this?

I use Windows 8.1, GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB, i7 4770k, 16GB RAM.

I will have to check out MSI Afterburner!

Edited by luckyfortune

Lucky, do you have FRAPS open (or on your taskbar) while you are trying to run DCS and OBS? Often that is the culprit.

When I run OBS I set its processing priority to "above normal". I have not had an issue. However that being said, I rarely stream DCS World. It is not much of a "streaming game" as others I play. I instead use FRAPS to make movies for upload to youtube.

What are your video settings in OBS? (Screenshot will do)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

I use MSI afterburner with x264 open VFW, almost no impact on game framerate on a Fx 8350 / R9-280

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/files/ need 32 and 64 bit

Attached SS of the configuration.

This is the result with no need to re encode for youtube HD@1080

MsiAB.thumb.png.499955a890fa9b062eddc88dfabc7b71.png

FX-8320 8Gb R9-280 X-55 Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to have to try Shadowplay. I bought FRAPS but it does eat up some frames and the resolution is just never that great. I saw a DCS video recently that looked every bit as good as if I were actually playing and FRAPS just can't do that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i use OBS too so far that has had the least impact on my performance for games and its free.

I use OBS to Broadcast Live to Youtube as well.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Lucky, do you have FRAPS open (or on your taskbar) while you are trying to run DCS and OBS? Often that is the culprit.

When I run OBS I set its processing priority to "above normal". I have not had an issue. However that being said, I rarely stream DCS World. It is not much of a "streaming game" as others I play. I instead use FRAPS to make movies for upload to youtube.

What are your video settings in OBS? (Screenshot will do)

Thanks. I don't use FRAPS, unfortunately. I only have OBS at the moment.

I like to try to save my videos so I can upload my highlights or do recordings though.

My encoding settings are as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/JGtP6BP.jpg

And my video settings are:

http://i.imgur.com/zUZYUrT.jpg

Lastly, my capture settings are:

http://i.imgur.com/XwknD0K.jpg

Thanks guys.

I have been having problems with OBS, for some reason. It crashes the game, even when I'm running both DCS World and OBS as Administrator. I've looked all over for a fix for it, but haven't found a solution yet.

I run a three-monitor setup, but for some reason, whenever I try to turn on Shadowplay, it gives me a little circle with a red strikethrough through it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edited to add: I've updated to the latest certified driver. Still seems to be a problem, I can't get the overlay to work. The menu wants me to press ten different ctrl keys simultaneously to get the layout to appear and I can't unset it without it wanting me to press ten of the same keys simultaneously. It looks like Shadowplay's not an option if it's this buggy.

Edited again to add: Looks like I can't use MSI Predator to capture it, don't think my card is supported. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting OBS to work with this?

I use Windows 8.1, GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB, i7 4770k, 16GB RAM.

I will have to check out MSI Afterburner!

Currently 3 screen/surround is not supported by shadow play

Pman

I see. That's very disappointing then. I hope they'll include it in a future update. If they do, that'll be what I'm looking for, but it looks like I'll need to find something that'll function for now as an interim measure.

I did quit some testing with a couple of programs. Back when only running one monitor I tested OBS, ShadowPlay, Fraps and DxTory.

During the benchmarks I did, DxTory got the best results on my rig. Fraps, OBS and ShadowPlay all had a similar drop off, the one of DxTory was a bit lower though.

Both OBS and ShadowPlay unfortunately lacked in other areas as well. For example recording different devices onto different audio tracks was not possible, which was a bit of a problem during editing. (Not sure if that changed in more recent versions of both programs though).

So, personally I am quit happy with DxTory in most of the games I record. Depending on your system specs you might get different results with other software applications though.

EDIT: DxTory works quit well on a Nvidia Surround setup. You can decide how large the area is you want to record fairly easily.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Zal, try and Google that problem. There are too many possibilities to guess. I would guess you run multi-monitor, or odd resolution, or have something disabled.

I run a single monitor with 3D settings 'single display performance mode'. Not saying it is this. It could be ANYTHING. Suggest you google.

It seems Aero must be on for desktop capture to activate. Thanks for the tip, I thought is disabled for everyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least