"zoom normal" command isn't quite normal

I assumed the zoom normal command would return the zoom level to the same that's used on mission start, where you can see the whole hud glass and the DDIs, but nope, zoom normal is closer to the front dash, it cuts a little of the hud above and the ddis below. in fact, once you change the zoom level, you can't go back exactly to the default zoom level that mission starts.

why is that? is there a way to change the "zoom normal" default config?

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Yes there is a way, enable SnapView save in the settings, assign a keyboard command

to it, save the view as you like it, then assign a keyboard command to View: "zoom normal" and hit it.

SnapView.thumb.jpg.0ac9456e356dd2a0c2339334261f0f18.jpg

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

hey, thanks. I had a bit of trouble finding what is the name of the thing I should assign a keyboard command, but I found it, it's called "save cockpit angles" and it's RAlt+0 by default, and I'm not sure why it has this name since it only saves the zoom level that's stored in the zoom normal command.

for some reason it also changes the default view where the game starts, it seems that the default view is an offset of this saved zoom level for some reason, really weird.

so I guess you can't change the default startup view so I don't have to "zoom normal" every time I start up the game huh

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Hi, that's correct, you can't change the default startup view so I don't have to "zoom normal" every time I start up the game..

I have tried to do it unsuccessfully, maybe somebody reading this post knows how?

But I have assigned a familiar command to "zoom normal" (num 0), so that's the first thing

I do upon starting the mission.

And by the way, you can save up to 9 additional views hitting "save cockpit angles".

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

alright, fantastic.

thank you so much

Rafael

Yes there is a way, enable SnapView save in the settings, assign a keyboard command

to it, save the view as you like it, then assign a keyboard command to View: "zoom normal" and hit it.

Just want to say thanks. Ive been pulling my hair out for an hour as to why my default view was stuck on the right wing after pressing a few keys on the numpad....

Unchecked "User snap-view saving" View is now back to normal...... Centered!

For once the search function worked. I can now fly for an hour instead of trying to fix the problem on my own :thumbup: