Mission 8 cannot contact Batumi Tower

Rolds

This is a combined mission design, DCS problem. Currently you need to contact ATC to get them to turn on runway lights. Because the fleet is parked right at Batumi, you end up with this situation where you can overfly Batumi but still not contact ATC because of the limited number of radio options, as many slots are taken up by the ships of the fleet. In addition, London Farp, Kobuleti, and even Senaki are still on the list even though Batumi is the closest aerodrome, seems a frustrating DCS bug there.

I think easiest solution would be switch some of the ships in the fleet to static objects so they don't hog radio slots. Note that even on the ground next to the cargo you still cannot contact ATC. My workaround was to use the ILS with no runway lights.

To put this as mildly as possible, I experienced a high level of frustration on my first attempt at this mission.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The mission is of high frustration level... The search light is just illuminating some rain but has no real effect on ground, it is almost of no use at all. The illumination of the cockpit itself makes it even harder, the contrast is hard to deal with.

The radio menus are overfull and missing Batumi is quite a drawback, landing is very hard without illumination.

When cargo is hooked the problem of getting the navy to light up is not easy, I messed around with the radiomenus while flying and dropped into the sea.

Since the mission involves quite a long transport, it takes a long time to start all over again. Hard night conditions should involve a short mission, not a long one, this is a frustrating mission - not a fun one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
The mission is of high frustration level...

I gave it up too and I blame everything on Mustafa Al Petrawi

and changed

[8] =

{

["stage"] = 8,

["mission"] = "Mission 8.0.38.miz",

}, -- end of [8]

TO

[8] =

{

["datetime"] = "Fri Jan 04 02:43:06 2019",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["result"] = 100,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["stage"] = 8,

["mission"] = "Mission 8.0.38.miz",

}, -- end of [8]

[9] =

{

["stage"] = 9,

["mission"] = "Mission 9.0.38.miz",

}, -- end of [9]

in "\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua" to skip mission

Edited by pietpuk

Thank you.

Will work on fixing some issues that were reported in the forum.

There should be a "skip mission" option in the start of each mission. It was working until recently but I saw other reports too stating that it stopped working.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• 8 months later...

Whats with the flares falling on the carrier like that, its incredibly disorientating, like being in a rave with a slow strobe light on! Surely the carrier with all landing lights on would be enough?

• Like 1

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Whats with the flares falling on the carrier like that, its incredibly disorientating, like being in a rave with a slow strobe light on! Surely the carrier with all landing lights on would be enough?

Of course :) But this was a workaround due to the reason that the lights were not turning on.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP