Realism - wasted effort? - Page 2 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #11
CobaltUK
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Default

Its irritating that trivia comes before the core. Animated LG before ground radar, bit test lights before navigation lights etc There are always reasons of course and they have been given to some degree but still understandable many users would wish some priority change if at all possible.
CobaltUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #12
nessuno0505
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,382
Default

DCS is study level. If you want something less you have FC3/MAC.
To dream is not a crime, so if you ask me what I'd like to see in dcs I can answer a tornado ids, an f-104 or whatever; but if I have to say the truth I'd prefer less well done study modules than a lot of deliberately incomplete ones.
According to what feature to develop first, this is due to the correct use of available resources and only ED knows about it. If to do a BIT before a landing gear is useful and necessary, this is what has to be done. If you buy early access this is what you can expect. If you don't like then wait for the module to be finished (like I do, for example).

Last edited by nessuno0505; 11-16-2019 at 09:07 AM.
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #13
River
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 341
Default

The Hardcore Sim aspect is what made DCS famous, I'd rather wait my 10 minutes for the INS to align than jumping into a hot Aircraft 5 times per hour.
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #14
Lace
Junior Member
 
Lace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EGNT/LFMA
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
Sorry, but if you ask the devs to scrap realism for more modules in shorter time, then DCS is just not for you.

What is realistic about a test which never fails? It is still just 'lets pretend'.
__________________
Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070Ti 8GB. CH Products controls (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

2.5, NTTR, PG, CA, FC3, A-10C, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000C, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8 & F16. Wishlist: Jaguar, F117 and F111. C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.
Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #15
CobaltUK
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessuno0505 View Post
DCS is study level. If you want something less you have FC3/MAC.
To dream is not a crime, so if you ask me what I'd like to see in dcs I can answer a tornado ids, an f-104 or whatever; but if I have to say the truth I'd prefer less well done study modules than a lot of deliberately incomplete ones.
According to what feature to develop first, this is due to the correct use of available resources and only ED knows about it. If to do a BIT before a landing gear is useful and necessary, this is what has to be done. If you buy early access this is what you can expect. If you don't like then wait for the module to be finished (like I do, for example).

Blah blah blah...
__________________
Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 52 (for the F-16)
CobaltUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #16
Lace
Junior Member
 
Lace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EGNT/LFMA
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
The Hardcore Sim aspect is what made DCS famous, I'd rather wait my 10 minutes for the INS to align than jumping into a hot Aircraft 5 times per hour.

No issues with INS etc. They are a core part of the aircraft functionality, and necessary for the proper operation. It is the pointless 'going through the motions' checklist items which have no bearing on aircraft functionality and will never fail anyway that seem a waste of effort.
__________________
Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070Ti 8GB. CH Products controls (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

2.5, NTTR, PG, CA, FC3, A-10C, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000C, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8 & F16. Wishlist: Jaguar, F117 and F111. C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.
Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #17
nessuno0505
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltUK View Post
Blah blah blah...
Nevertheless, I have zero problems with f/a-18 or viper developing choices, since I have not bought them (yet). It's you the one who buy first and then complain.
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #18
draconus
DCS Ground Crew
 
draconus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace View Post
No issues with INS etc. They are a core part of the aircraft functionality, and necessary for the proper operation. It is the pointless 'going through the motions' checklist items which have no bearing on aircraft functionality and will never fail anyway that seem a waste of effort.
Again, what people do with available functions is not your concern. If you don't see a purpose don't do it. And, again, failures are simulated.
__________________
G4560@3,5GHz/DDR3-16GB/GTX970-4GB/Sata3-SSD, Win7-64, 22"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR
Aircraft: FC3, F-14B /
Maps: NTTR, PG
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #19
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager
 
BIGNEWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 17,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace View Post
What is realistic about a test which never fails? It is still just 'lets pretend'.
Test and checks can be very important

If the mission designer desires it he can add failures to any single player mission.
__________________
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, INTEL i7 4790K @4.4 GHz( Cooled by H100i ), 32GB DDR3 @1866 , Asus Z97-AR, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, VIVE Cosmos
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #20
David OC
Senior Member
 
David OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace View Post
What is realistic about a test which never fails? It is still just 'lets pretend'.

We like to pretend that we are practicing for the real thing.

That's where all this came from right.

FC3 Lockon etc

To ED building the A-10C many many moons ago (Commercial / civi), that is still the king of fm, systems and weapon systems. That's all the sim's to mine you. OK the F/A-18 is slowly catching up.

Do these guy's need that to work? Of course, training procedures, checklist and flows. I just have shorter ones when I just want to play.

__________________

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link



Last edited by David OC; 11-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.
David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.