Hornet Updates - ED Please Respond - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
jwflowersii

Default Hornet Updates - ED Please Respond

ED,

I've been a loyal customer since the release of the A-10 module. I'm highly discouraged that a newly released product has received features we have been waiting patiently for on the Hornet for two years. Your team stated Hornet resources would not be diverted, however, this appears to not be the case. I don't see how the Track While Scan feature that we've been patiently waiting for has arrived on the Viper prior to a product released two years ago. It is not okay to divert development resources to another product while you have unfinished products with features missing originally planned on. This is a serious breach of customer trust and I sincerely hope you realize the trust you have lost. Early Access means you will finish the products features and prioritize those features prior to releasing other new content. Unfortunately, my greatest fears have been realized and my trust has been broken. I hope this is a one time occurence, but it really is poor form from ED.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #2
NineLine
Community Manager

Hey jw, I can understand your frustration, but we did state that we would be diverting some manpower to the Viper for release, when we did so, the decision was made to leave the radar guy to tie up some final things on the Viper, this was including TWS, and then moving him back to Hornet, which you will be seeing soon as stated in the Newsletter, TWS is and will be a high focus for the Hornet, and the developments made on the Viper should smooth the way for easier implementation to the Hornet now.

It's unfortunate that things like this do need to happen and happen all the time, with a smaller team, we do need to adjust and move people around from time to time. Work on the Hornet has not stopped though, and other team members are hard at work, and after 1.5 years, we have come a long way. The Viper and the Hornet will now help feed each other development-wise going forward. For such a small team and niche market, we really need to balance new releases and continued development.

While this might not be the answers you want, I hope you understand a little better why things like this do happen. We do appreciate your support and will take your opinion into consideration moving forward.

Thanks
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #3
GoosemanF7

I think i speak for most of your customers when i say: you have not lost our trust.
You increased the quality and speed of your updates/releases each year.
Just keep up the good work.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
RSharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Hey jw, I can understand your frustration, but we did state that we would be diverting some manpower to the Viper for release, when we did so, the decision was made to leave the radar guy to tie up some final things on the Viper, this was including TWS, and then moving him back to Hornet, which you will be seeing soon as stated in the Newsletter, TWS is and will be a high focus for the Hornet, and the developments made on the Viper should smooth the way for easier implementation to the Hornet now.

It's unfortunate that things like this do need to happen and happen all the time, with a smaller team, we do need to adjust and move people around from time to time. Work on the Hornet has not stopped though, and other team members are hard at work, and after 1.5 years, we have come a long way. The Viper and the Hornet will now help feed each other development-wise going forward. For such a small team and niche market, we really need to balance new releases and continued development.

While this might not be the answers you want, I hope you understand a little better why things like this do happen. We do appreciate your support and will take your opinion into consideration moving forward.

Thanks
However ED spins this, the fact is that the Viper has become the overwhelming priority, and the Hornet has been prioritized to the state of progress coming to a crawl. You say this "needs to happen", but did it? The explanation is that the two projects will feed each other, but from the customer's perspective, the Hornet is now the red headed stepchild (or perhaps a foster child after the cheque from Social Services has been cashed) that may eventually get the favoured child's hand-me-downs. The Viper received TWS and TGP slew to waypoints very quickly, while Hornet owners have waited months for both features. It doesn't feel like the two are getting equal treatment in a two way sharing relationship. It's Viper first all the way... and maybe new features eventually trickle down to the Hornet.

EA buyer beware.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #5
Jackjack171

How about this:

Let ED govern their own company! All these suggestions on how to run THIER business is funny and sad. These daily post are truly telling.

I think ED needs a "Patience Module" for purchase.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #6
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpe View Post
However ED spins this, the fact is that the Viper has become the overwhelming priority, and the Hornet has been prioritized to the state of progress coming to a crawl. You say this "needs to happen", but did it? The explanation is that the two projects will feed each other, but from the customer's perspective, the Hornet is now the red headed stepchild (or perhaps a foster child after the cheque from Social Services has been cashed) that may eventually get the favoured child's hand-me-downs. The Viper received TWS and TGP slew to waypoints very quickly, while Hornet owners have waited months for both features. It doesn't feel like the two are getting equal treatment in a two way sharing relationship. It's Viper first all the way... and maybe new features eventually trickle down to the Hornet.

EA buyer beware.
As stated in the newsletter, the focus is shifting back to the Hornet after this next OB.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoosemanF7 View Post
I think i speak for most of your customers when i say: you have not lost our trust.
Thanks for the support Gooseman, we appreciate it.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #8
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoosemanF7 View Post
Yep, same here. Rock on, ED.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)
Old 11-15-2019, 05:39 PM   #9
Shimmergloom667

Chiming in with words of support here, too. The Hornet has gotten stuff in EVERY update, some minor, mostly major. It is clearly being communicated that work will continue with increased manpower in the coming weeks.

You guys are doing great and I am happy to be part of your EA programs, seeing the modules mature whilst being able to take part in the process through bug reports. Please continue your good work!

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | UH-1H
Old 11-15-2019, 05:46 PM   #10
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
As stated in the newsletter, the focus is shifting back to the Hornet after this next OB.
If focus is shifting back to the Hornet, does this mean F16 devs will work on the hornet? Or just that work will resume back to normal on the Hornet? It isn’t clear
Closed Thread