Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle Schematic - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
hawxxer

Default Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle Schematic

Hi guys,
I am currently adapt my Cougar throttle (stick is not existing) to USB. Someone got the schematic for the Cougar Throttle?
My research lead to the post of Uriba but it does not look like this is the correct schematic for me. As you can see from his schematic, he has resistors in it, my PCB only has diode on it, also measuring the resistance does not work out like his schematic.
My PCB looks like this one. But there is another one with more components as it seems? (Did not find a higher resolution, but you can clearly see components in the middle near the big connector)

Does someone have the pinout for my Version, or do I missing something?

Also I am not sure about the big connector. The connector coming from the handle has 12 rows, while the connector on the PCB only has 11 rows. which side of the connector is not connected? On the picture I linked above (first one), it looks like the missing connection is on the right side but I would say it needs to be on the left side, as the crimb of the cable goes from right to left and the left side is missing two cable positions.
hawxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:35 AM   #2
Terry Dactil

I converted my Cougar throttle to USB using Leo Bodnar's BU0836 some time ago, so this might help.

This is what the base PCB looked like when I traced the connections. Note that there are two unused pins on the big ribbon connector. I seem to remember it was essential to get the offset in the right direction when connecting!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cougar - Throttle base PCB.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	219935

This base PCB was then discarded, and connections made to the BU0836 to provide the USB output.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cougar - Circuit - Mod for USB output.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	219936

At that time I did not have facilities for making PCBs, so the connections were a dogs breakfast on Veroboard.. However , none of this is visible and it works perfectly.
Terry Dactil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
gholi

Send a message via MSN to gholi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Dactil View Post
I converted my Cougar throttle to USB using Leo Bodnar's BU0836 some time ago, so this might help.

This is what the base PCB looked like when I traced the connections. Note that there are two unused pins on the big ribbon connector. I seem to remember it was essential to get the offset in the right direction when connecting!
Attachment 219935

This base PCB was then discarded, and connections made to the BU0836 to provide the USB output.
Attachment 219936

At that time I did not have facilities for making PCBs, so the connections were a dogs breakfast on Veroboard.. However , none of this is visible and it works perfectly.
What about using RS TUSBA R2 directly
I have a brand new TQS and RS TUSBA R2 but I have not had the opportunity to see if it works under Windows 10, as it should
I also have a USB circuit board from Warthog, as I'm not a handyman, so I did not want to try
gholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #4
Terry Dactil

Quote:
What about using RS TUSBA R2 directly
Yes. Great idea if your throttle is still working.

Not so great if the original electronics are dead like mine were.
Terry Dactil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, diy, pcb, throttle, thrustmaster