CH products upgrades - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 01:45 AM   #41
rel4y

No news on the mainboards sadly.. I wasted almost 4 hours searching for the problem, but couldnt locate it yet!

Also the last mainboard parts got stuck in customs and the notification came today after 2 weeks, even though the parts are not even close to relevant customs value.. Public servants at their best!

Buuut, very good news on the CH sensors! I am even suprised myself by how smooth they make the Fighterstick! Here is my dirty little test setup I soldered together and the VKB Joytester view. This is the completely unfiltered 10 Bit signal. When the stick is centered in the tik tok gimbal mechanism even a little wiggle within the centered position is picked up, thats crazy good and speaks for perfect fit in all the right places! Super smooth action overall, you guys will love it!

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4...flight-simming
rel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:58 AM   #42
A2597

Awesome! Looking forward to this and new pentometers!
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #43
GaryR

Great news on the sensors! I'm sure you will get the boards figured out!
Gigabyte RTX 2080 card w/ 8GB in Alienware Graphics Amplifier - 430.86 drivers
Output to an LG 32GK850G-B 32" G-Sync monitor at 144Hz (VSync on in game)
CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle HOTAS
GaryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #44
rel4y

I've located the problem and fixed it! It was one of the SPI pins that was draining to ground. However these need to be pulled up in idle state.and not down! I had obviously at some point during design relocated that pin to a former ground pin and forgot to cut the connection to the ground plane. I found it while I was already redesigning the mainboard it of frustration. Well, that was a hard one...

Now the ADC is working like a charm and I will finish my testing tonight. If all goes to plan I am ready to ship by the end of the week.

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4...flight-simming
Old 11-19-2019, 09:05 AM   #45
GaryR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
I've located the problem and fixed it! It was one of the SPI pins that was draining to ground. However these need to be pulled up in idle state.and not down! I had obviously at some point during design relocated that pin to a former ground pin and forgot to cut the connection to the ground plane. I found it while I was already redesigning the mainboard it of frustration. Well, that was a hard one...

Now the ADC is working like a charm and I will finish my testing tonight. If all goes to plan I am ready to ship by the end of the week.
Like there was ever any doubt...

Email me with my invoice when you are ready!
Old 11-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #46
rel4y

I picked up the last mainboard parts (male micro USB plugs) from customs and now I have completed the boards. Besides being hard to find, these male micro USB plugs allow me to have USB data lines pinned out to the KF2510 connector. This way you can use the original USB cable of the CH devices and for gameport versions where no USB cable is existent, plug into the micro USB directly.

This is what the finished CH upgrade mainboards look like now. I tested around and found the SMD decoupling cap wasn't doing it's job properly, so I added one directly to the ADC pins which now does what it's supposed to!

Since I had to manually correct a few mistakes and therefore the board doesn't look as clean as it's supposed to, I decided to lable it a beta unit. This also reflects in price, it will only be 20€ a piece. The rev 1.1 version will be the production unit and cost 30€. It will also make my life during production much easier! Now don't get me wrong, rev 1.0 works fine but it's not perfect! I redesigned parts of the board, especially around the ADC and also fixed the two mentioned mistakes. I know getting a 12 Bit ADC with 1.2 mV steps absolutely noiseless is nigh impossible, but trying doesn't hurt! Currently it needs a 2x software filter to be noise free (which is better than the original CH board), let's see if we can get that down to 0x.

Here are the finished new CH sensors. There's only a total of 15 and 3 of them are staying in my CH devices. So, get em while their hot!

Last edited by rel4y; 11-22-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #47
A2597

PM Sent! Been looking forward to this!
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #48
GaryR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
Here are the finished new CH sensors. There's only a total of 15 and 3 of them are staying in my CH devices. So, get em while their hot!
Sent you an email, as long as the new mainboards operate as designed i'm ready! Either way I'll go for 3 of the sensors, just let me know!
Old 11-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #49
Sabre_Ewan

I emailed about the sensor and the other things 2 and a half weeks ago.
Still waiting for a reply.
Sabre_Ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #50
rel4y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_Ewan View Post
I emailed about the sensor and the other things 2 and a half weeks ago.
Still waiting for a reply.
Oh, sorry about that. I will have a look at the mails.