CH products upgrades - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #21
GaryR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
I usually use isopropyl alcohol, it worked very well on all sorts of pots so far.

The next big project is force sensing and getting my Crosswind F-16 footrests cast in Aluminium.
I cleaned and blew out the (right toe brake) pot a few times, working it full each time. It seemed a little better but quickly went back to jittering from neutral to about 10-15% application so it's gotta be changed out. As it's not as critical to be as accurate as the Stick/Throttle I guess i'll just get a replacement pot while I wait for your new stuff to be ready!
Gigabyte RTX 2080 card w/ 8GB in Alienware Graphics Amplifier - 430.86 drivers
Output to an LG 32GK850G-B 32" G-Sync monitor at 144Hz (VSync on in game)
CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle HOTAS
GaryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #22
Sajarov

Quote:
Hey guys,
I have finished the CH upgrade mainboard and will send it to the factory tomorrow.

The final features are 8x 12 Bit axis, directly reads the CH axis, reads the CH button matrix, makes use of the standard CH USB cable, additional shift register connection, additional 2x digial axis connections = TLE5011. It will have the same KF2510 connectors as the original CH board, so it is 120% plug & play! I used up all the available pins of the MCU and also the board space to the absolute max! Really happy with this thing!

Cheers
For all CH devices?
So, If I understood correctly, we can add more buttons and 2 axis?
Intellectual freedom is essential to human society — freedom to obtain and distribute information, freedom for open-minded and unfearing debate, and freedom from pressure by officialdom and prejudices - Andrei Sakharov.

WELCOME BACK OLEG
Sajarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:50 AM   #23
rel4y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajarov View Post
For all CH devices?
So, If I understood correctly, we can add more buttons and 2 axis?
The Fighterstick or pro throttle eg only use 3 axis, so you can add 5x analog 12 Bit axis and 2x 14 bit digital axis and somewhere over 100 buttons extra.

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4...flight-simming
rel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #24
GaryR

Quote:
The Fighterstick or pro throttle eg only use 3 axis, so you can add 5x analog 12 Bit axis and 2x 14 bit digital axis and somewhere over 100 buttons extra.
Rel4y, will the new sensors for the Pro Throttle be any different than what you have in stock now (I assumed you were just modifying the FS board/sensors?)? I want to replace it now while it's just sitting unused if possible but will wait if something better is coming soon. I sent Thomas an email also. I have no issue waiting for the new board and sensors for the Fighterstick, wish someone made a progressive spring set just a bit stronger for it, too hard to go "spring shopping" around here and Amazon is no bueno, love to mod it while it's apart.. and when will you know prices/availability on your rudder pedals, they are the one CH item I'm not in love with..

Last edited by GaryR; 10-24-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #25
GaryR

Just an FYI (and maybe you can clarify what goes where), as my Toe brake pots just arrived.

I wasn't sure which pot from Digikey (except throttle, which is 1040-1156-ND - REPPOT615, stamped 900-6158 1741 on the housing) went where I bought a couple of each (all in about 20 euro). All I needed was my right toebrake replaced, which was (orig. CH) stamped HP-100A 0315 on the housing. There was only one of the 3 that had a shaft matching (and pins bent 90 degrees) so I used that one. The new part number is 1040-1164-ND and is stamped HP-100A 1709. Seems to work perfectly, no more jitters and jumps. Not sure yet where 1040-1173-ND, stamped 900-615C 0537 go, have to assume as the are shorter (look just like Throttle Pot) they are for rudder and Fighterstick axis, which I will use Rel4y's new products for when available. Here is a pic of original and replacement for toe brake for future reference..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CH Toebrake Pots.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	219851  
Old 10-29-2019, 08:57 AM   #26
rel4y

The PCBs have arrived and everything is looking good. I honestly had my doubts about the Fighterstick conversion board, but everything fits perfectly. It should be able to fit a high quality Knitter button in the weapon release position, but I haven't tried that yet.
Now we only have to wait for a few parts to arrive (ADCs) and we can start testing these little beauties.

Upgrade mainboard price will be 25€ for the first batch of 10.

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4...flight-simming

Last edited by rel4y; 10-29-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #27
GaryR

Quote:
The PCBs have arrived and everything is looking good. I honestly had my doubts about the Fighterstick conversion board, but everything fits perfectly. It should be able to fit a high quality Knitter button in the weapon release position, but I haven't tried that yet.
Now we only have to wait for a few parts to arrive (ADCs) and we can start testing these little beauties.

Upgrade mainboard price will be 25€ for the first batch of 10.

They look great rel4y! Can you simplify the upgrade path for me please? I'm not going to add anything to my Fighterstick, just want it be be as accurate as possible and reliable for years to come. Should I just do the sensors, or swap all boards out too? As long as no precise soldering is needed i'm up to doing whatever!

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #28
rel4y

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR View Post
They look great rel4y! Can you simplify the upgrade path for me please? I'm not going to add anything to my Fighterstick, just want it be be as accurate as possible and reliable for years to come. Should I just do the sensors, or swap all boards out too? As long as no precise soldering is needed i'm up to doing whatever!

Thanks!
Hey Gary,
Has Thomas responded to you? He should be back by now, but I haven't talked to him yet. Otherwise I will have a look at your email. Thanks for staying patient my friend.

If you already own a Fighterstick you won't need the Fighterstick conversion board, it is just there to convert Combatsticks into Fightersticks and add the extra 4 way hats the Combatstick is lacking. Plus that unnecessary but cool option of adding a superb quality knitter button. These are used in Formula 1 racing cars eg and I get wet panties everytime I feel the precise click of one.

You will be interested in the CH upgrade mainboard and the sensors I believe. These are completely plug and play, no soldering required at all. And I would argue two contactless sensors are enough as you are most likely not using the Throttle axis in the Fighterstick base. If you own a Pro Throttle you can theoretically buy another upgrade mainboard and improve the Throttle axis/ Microstick resolution of the Throttle, but I would definitely recommend the contactless sensor for the Throttle. It gets rid of all current or future potentiometer spiking.

The CH upgrade mainboard will fit all CH devices, is completely plug and play, improves axis resolution from 8 to 12 Bit and adds countless expansion capabilities. I will make a new thread with detailed explanation once everything is ready to go.

Old 10-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #29
GaryR

Quote:
Hey Gary,
Has Thomas responded to you? He should be back by now, but I haven't talked to him yet. Otherwise I will have a look at your email. Thanks for staying patient my friend.

If you already own a Fighterstick you won't need the Fighterstick conversion board, it is just there to convert Combatsticks into Fightersticks and add the extra 4 way hats the Combatstick is lacking. Plus that unnecessary but cool option of adding a superb quality knitter button. These are used in Formula 1 racing cars eg and I get wet panties everytime I feel the precise click of one.
Nothing from Thomas yet, but as I want the new sensors also (for both the throttle and Fighterstick (yes I do have the FS)) there is no rush, i'll wait and buy all at once if that's ok.

Quote:
You will be interested in the CH upgrade mainboard and the sensors I believe. These are completely plug and play, no soldering required at all. And I would argue two contactless sensors are enough as you are most likely not using the Throttle axis in the Fighterstick base. If you own a Pro Throttle you can theoretically buy another upgrade mainboard and improve the Throttle axis/ Microstick resolution of the Throttle, but I would definitely recommend the contactless sensor for the Throttle. It gets rid of all current or future potentiometer spiking.

The CH upgrade mainboard will fit all CH devices, is completely plug and play, improves axis resolution from 8 to 12 Bit and adds countless expansion capabilities. I will make a new thread with detailed explanation once everything is ready to go.
Got it, please put me down as definite for the new FS Mainboard and new sensors for both the Fighterstick and the Pro Throttle. Currently I do use the FS Throttle wheel but that will end with my Pro Throttle rebuild. On another note, did you see my post on the Digikey Pots? Will your sensors also replace the Pro Pedal sensors (as i'm told CH only used 3 for everything, maybe map what goes where?). Thanks so much!
Old 10-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #30
A2597

I'm looking at new sensors and the main board. Curious to see how noticeable the increased resolution will be!
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote