A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 09:57 PM   #11
toilet2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knock-Knock View Post
You basically beat me to it. I was just coming back from reading the report (well some of it), to post: What is this, a witch hunt?

This is insulting the developers on a very high level. Not cool. Dont care what has or hasnt happened. If I was at the receiving end of this, I would be fuming.
Nah, this can be seen as a "transparency" paper. I've been on Polychop's Discord for a while, and that paper translates really well the general feeling of being there. Bug reports are either blantantly denied (e.g. the mouse-controlled camera for the minigun that does not work in VR, but supposedly that's a "feature"), or simply brushed off with "we'll fixed everything in the future, be patient" but without any actual fixes coming up.

EDIT: on top of that, fixes that are said to be "in the hands of ED" while a community member proves that it is not the case just goes on to say that these community put effort backing up the point they're trying to make.

Last edited by toilet2000; 09-23-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:04 PM   #12
rrohde
Veteran

"We judge ourselves by our intentions, and we judge others by their actions."

This nifty little quote applies here as well, as Polychop - from their end - has all the best intentions to get stuff done/fixed/completed, so all is well on their end, while we - the community - look at Polychop's actions towards these ends and we don't see much happening, so it doesn't look so well from our perspective.

... all too human, though.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)
Old 09-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #13
Varial

As one of the people who helped proof read, None of the authors want to see the gazelle removed, nor do we want this to descend into insults (IE telling us to get a life).

Let's please keep this a productive conversation as we would just like to see action or form of acknowledgement by Polychop that they are working to solve these issues.

Last edited by Varial; 09-23-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #14
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi all

Please read before posting

Quote:
1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.
I want to make it clear there will be no witch hunt here, it wont be tolerated.

The thread remains open for now, please be mindful when posting.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #15
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknetinium View Post
WoW, what If I make such a document about ED
You can find it here. https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=440
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-23-2019, 11:25 PM   #16
SFJackBauer

As a long time customer of ED I am with you guys. The document speaks for itself and the Gazelle and Mistral weird behavior is well known online where it can sometimes outperform dedicated fighters in the scoreboard. The Gazelle is the only chopper I do not own because of my "spider senses tingling" and I can see now that I was right.

The RWR part is pretty disgusting to go through given the standards other 3rd party devs and ED itself apply when dealing with customers. Hopefully the discussioin will steer towards substance instead of deflection or ad hominem attacks.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #17
Nightwolf

Thanks BIGNEWY,

No insult or witch hunt is intended in the document. Other than the intro and conclusion, the document is only plain facts, about which everyone is entitled to come to their own conclusion. We only went to these lengths to create this document because we want to see the gazelle reach the same level of realism and accuracy that DCS is capable of. We actually specifically said it’s not within our purview to make any conclusions about the developers’ conduct or development strategies other than that it seems development has stalled. The only thing we ask is that you actually read the document, analyze the evidence, and see for yourself why we thought this document was necessary.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:32 PM   #18
NineLine
Community Manager

Not to bud my nose in to this, but I am interested in the Mistral, the fact that ED has one and the Gazelle has one, I thought all missiles/weapons deferred to the core game, so I wonder if this is just something that needs to be adjusted now that ED added it.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-24-2019, 01:45 AM   #19
borchi_2b
3rd Party Developer

@toilet2000: The minigun has never been mouse controlled, it was always controlled through the headtracking system.

You talk about bugs like the sound bug which we have made a true statement about.
Please guys, if you talk about stuff, stay constructive and with the facts. Helps the community, the product and in the end the team behind the product. Thanks
Old 09-24-2019, 01:56 AM   #20
Xtacy

Care to address the mistral missile? It looks like they provided halfway decent numbers and visual references.

Same with RWR detecting various radars. I'd like to see improvements in both of these aspects.
Closed Thread