A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
Krippz

Default A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

The linked document is a comprehensive view of multiple bugs plaguing the SA-342 Gazelle module for DCS: World, developed by Polychop Simulations. Many of these bugs have been brought to the attention of the developer and have either remain unaddressed or have been blown off. This document was made with the support and hard work of members of the community and as a result we ask that you share with members of the community.

Document: A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

Written by: AveMe and Nightwolf

Thanks to (in no particular order):
  • FoxAlfa (Missile FM analysis and editing)
  • Zhen (Code comment translation)
  • Quaggles (Missile FM analysis, general assistance, and proofreading)
  • Fragal (Missile comparisons, ED forum and Discord support over the past year)
  • Krippz (Proofreading and editing)
  • Varial (Proofreading and editing)

Everyone who helped try to talk to Polychop and spread awareness of these bugs over the past year

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Old 09-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
Varial

Default A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

The linked document is a comprehensive view of multiple bugs plaguing the SA-342 Gazelle module for DCS: World, developed by Polychop Simulations. Many of these bugs have been brought to the attention of the developer and have either remain unaddressed or have been blown off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNR...ew?usp=sharing

This document was made with the support and hard work of members of the community:

Everyone who helped try to talk to Polychop and spread awareness of these bugs over the past year
Old 09-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
borchi_2b
3rd Party Developer

Question, why do you not contact us first of all ? We have been always open for talks, but 35 pages ? We do now what bugs are there and where flaws are or are not, so what is your real intetntion with that overdone bug report. Does any of the people have real experiance in helicopters? What are there backgrounds, are they valid to be SMEs for a Gazelle ? So please, maybe contact us directly, cause we are open for talks anywhere, which anyone can have witnessed during the past weeks, months. Thanks a lot for your work though.

Edit.: Posting pages of conversation will not change anything plus, I have the feeling there is a hunt on the Gazelle here.

So as long as you try to take apart a person with posting screenshots then ok, cool, but in the end, we have mentioned numerous times that things will change, but not yet.
We have stated that the new technology will be incorporated into the Gazelle as soon it is finished and ready to be inserted into the Gazelle, which is not the case yet.

Last edited by borchi_2b; 09-23-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #4
FSKRipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evontroy View Post
The linked document is a comprehensive view of multiple bugs plaguing the SA-342 Gazelle module for DCS: World, developed by Polychop Simulations. Many of these bugs have been brought to the attention of the developer and have either remain unaddressed or have been blown off. This document was made with the support and hard work of members of the community and as a result we ask that you share with members of the community.

Document: A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say...

My condolence for having a minor real life at all for some weeks. Some nice old reports and thanks for the time you spent but...

4 mostly pictured pages about the FM, 10 pages about the RWR and the Mistral, 17 pages about "developer feedback"... I wouldn't call this a bug report. More than an indictment but thats pretty much the thing you intended right?

To sum up your "bug report" I will use a direct citation from your text: "Whether due to sheer incompetence or malice" This sentence alone shows the nature of your pamphlet and the quality of your work. Nothing more to add...

Last edited by FSKRipper; 09-23-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
Teknetinium

WoW, what If I make such a document about ED
Old 09-23-2019, 09:41 PM   #6
Knock-Knock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSKRipper View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure what to say...
My condolence for not having a real life at all. Some nice old reports and thanks for the time you spent but...
10 pages about the RWR and the Mistral. 17 pages about "developer feedback"... I wouldn't call this a bug report. More than an indictment but thats pretty much the thing you intended right?
You basically beat me to it. I was just coming back from reading the report (well some of it), to post: What is this, a witch hunt?

This is insulting the developers on a very high level. Not cool. Dont care what has or hasnt happened. If I was at the receiving end of this, I would be fuming.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Old 09-23-2019, 09:42 PM   #7
Coxy_99
Veteran

Basically they want the Gazzelle removed from DCS.............. ED will decide bugs are bugs i can list 100s.......................

100☭ Discord: https://discord.gg/EGrVBHt
Teamspeak: 100kiap.teamspeak3.com
Old 09-23-2019, 09:53 PM   #8
fragal

I'm not trying to get anything removed, I want legitimate bugs and issues that have been reported time and time again to be resolved and some of these issues have been outstanding for months if not years how's that lighting fix coming ? i just read on the ED discord that it's still broken after reading you were working on it and had found the problem.....
Old 09-23-2019, 09:56 PM   #9
borchi_2b
3rd Party Developer

Well, Fragal, maybe you investigate, cause the lighting issue has been fixed months ago. Sorry, I leave this to the community manager.

About what you want, and what we decide on our side as company for x reason is in our hands. We have stated that as soon the new technology is read to be implemented into the Gazelle it will be done. Apparently the new technology is not ready for the Gazelle yet.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:57 PM   #10
Mesha44

Sorry you are so unhappy with the Gazelle. As for me I love it and have had a blast flying it. I am glad to hear that the Gazelle will be improved in the future and I look forward to it. I hope you make another great light helo, I buy that one too.
Closed Thread