FC3 style MiG-25?!

Murey2

Hello.

I'm really annoyed by the idea of the western jet's are more advanced and capable now in DCS maybe because it's reality of for the lack of Competitive Counterparts. I know that is very hard licensing something still in service nowadays... But! if we look in FC1,2 and 3 we find the answer!

So, all the missing aircraft that are really needed to balance the powers between Blue and Red can be solved by introducing more FC style jet-fighters, look at Su-27...

So, we really need MiG-25 and Mig-31 as in FC addition, to solve the lack of it against Blue Forces.

We really need long range AA Missiles against the one found in the F-14...!

Am I right?!

Edited by Murey2

They've already indicated an intention to produce more FC style aircraft modules in the future (case and point, the inbound MAC franchise).

I don't know how they are going to do that, when the MAC is going to be a separate product instead a module to DCS like FC3 is.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I always thought the problem was that while there are plenty of FC3 Russian aircraft, there could be a few more as full modules.

If your motivation is that you think western powers have an edge due to having more modern hardware available, I really can't see how having an FC3 MiG-25 is solving any of that while you have the FC3 Su-27 and MiG-29S standing around.

I also want a full fidelity Module But if we can't have that then FC3 module better than nothing....

I'm not sure if you got my point. Since you said your motivation was the need for a more capable Russian interceptor introducing one that is actually inferior to the one already available is unlikely to solve the problem.

I'm not sure if you got my point. Since you said your motivation was the need for a more capable Russian interceptor introducing one that is actually inferior to the one already available is unlikely to solve the problem.

R-33 will solve it and it's better than the US Aim-54. But I made a mistake I though it was carried by the MiG-25 while it's carried by the 31!

So, you are right.

Edited by Murey2

I don't know how they are going to do that, when the MAC is going to be a separate product instead a module to DCS like FC3 is.

Since when? I thought it was going to take FC3's place, and simply expand the roster, according to what they originally said. Did that change at some point?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Since when? I thought it was going to take FC3's place, and simply expand the roster, according to what they originally said. Did that change at some point?

Wags stated in the PC Pilot interview that MAC would be a separate stand-alone, but part of the SOS, or standard operating system, of ED...meaning they would share things with DCS but run independently.

Edit - That was January/February 2019 issue.

Edited by Steve Gee

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Oh, your friend "Nine" was saying...? Tell me, boy, what do you get by sabotaging serious threads opened for the best interest of us, the customers and that doesn´t like ED and your friend "Nine"? What do you get doing ED's dirty work? :music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling::megalol::megalol:

What ???

Cheers.

Yeahhhhh... I have no idea what the hell he's talking about. I was refering to Nineline, btw... you know the community manager and his recent posts? But whatever

-edit

Nvm, I just looked at his post history rofl

*waves* At least he's using English now. I hate having to run insults through a translator. You always lose a little bit, you know?

Btw, I *liked* your poll. If anybody sabotaged it it was you lol

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

In a feeble attempt of returning to the original topic of this...

I can see how the MiG-31 would serve a purpose there, but as you know everything that has the word 'strategic' in its job description tends to have an even longer period of 'let it cool down after it got scrapped from active duty before you start asking too detailed questions'.