Looking for some more BuDs (BUsy DadS) to fly and chat with? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #11
Zlin

Hi. I sent a PM. I’m interested and currently fly with one other person. I have a fair amount of mission building experience as well including utilizing MIST, MOOSE, CTLD and a customized medevac script. We currently have A-10C, P-51, F18, UH1H, Blackshark2, and a couple other aircraft. We are casual flyers but try to be reasonably serious when flying. We are also both in California. Would love to at least chat online and maybe just do some casual flying around to get to feel each other out. My friend also does custom skins for us to add minor things like our callsigns to our aircrafts.
Zlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:43 AM   #12
Robert31178

Shoot, if you guys are gonna incorporate scripts from CTLD then I'm down to fly some Huey support! I run with a regular unit Sunday nights but am always looking for others to play with the rest of the week!!

~Rob
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:36 PM   #13
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert31178 View Post
Shoot, if you guys are gonna incorporate scripts from CTLD then I'm down to fly some Huey support! I run with a regular unit Sunday nights but am always looking for others to play with the rest of the week!!

~Rob

Hi Rob, well I can’t guarantee that you’ll always be playing missions with CTLD, which is sort of the cool thing about the group. There is no dedicated server, so it is up to all the BuDs to participate and load up whichever mission they want. Every time I log in, I never know what to expect as it is different each time. It’s all fun though! This gives each BuD a chance to showcase his mission and have others try it out. Some are hits, some not. I enjoy seeing all the different types (and skilled mission building) of missions that come through. We seem to be having fun no matter what it is. As long as we are airborne, we’re happy, even if it’s in a training mission to help a noob get up to speed with us.

Typically, if there’s no one on, someone will hop on and throw up a mission of his choosing and then send out a message to the group. Others will follow and hop in if able.

If you are still interested and somewhat fit the profile of what I mentioned in the original list, shoot me a PM. We’d be glad to have you. We’ve grown to 15 now and typically have 3-4 guys on together weekday mornings and 4-5 at a time on weekends. There are still some periods of inactivity, so we’ll take a few more into the group at this time.

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #14
GTFreeFlyer

We are still looking for more BuDs to join us. Contact me if interested. Group of 16 right now. Scattered all over the US.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #15
eatthis

im interested although im in uk and stickless atm lol
eatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #16
dwcace

Sounds like the perfect way for me to get started in MP! I'll be sending a PM.
dwcace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:25 PM   #17
[Cobra]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubshaw View Post
Guys this sound a great group.. pity I am on the wrong side of the pond..

Every success to you...
Ditto!

We have a few irregular flyers here in Aus if you are interested.

Cheers
[Cobra] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:11 AM   #18
GTFreeFlyer

It is not required to be in the US. We have irregular fliers too. We just picked up our first from Canada and UK this week. Any timezone is welcome. The majority of the action has been weekday mornings in the US, then more at night after we get the kids to bed. It doesn’t have to be that way though if we get other time zones involved.

Send me a PM if you’re a BuD and interested. Thanks.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #19
CL30

I agree- I'm located in the Central US, but I'm usually on in the mornings (when I'm home), so that'd probably put me in a better position to fly with some of our UK brothers (and sisters, if we have any?)!
i5-9600k | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Occulus Rift-S

CL30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #20
TheThumper

Hello Folks,
Thanks GTFly for getting the group formed.... perfect tempo of real humans to fly with while still able to "live a life". Last night was a blast with A-A & SEAD practice, but boy was it late . Sure would like to see more casual folks from the US East coast join up. If you are tired of flying solo, but are concerned about other commitments or "squadron pressure" then drop GTFly a line, the BuDs are casual to hang out with, but we lucked out with some pretty decent mission builders and flyers to boot (I am learning tons).

Computer Specs:
i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 980 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR
TheThumper is offline   Reply With Quote