HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset - Page 391 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #3901
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturojgt View Post
I connected to a powered Sabrent USB 3.0 hub and nothing, give an USB error, unplugged and plugged to a USB 3.1 in the mother board and the usb work (I can listen music from the headphones) and now I have a Hololens driver error. I executed the WMR portal and now apparently nos downloading a driver.

Is this correct? I bough this unit a week ago from HP, is a brand new unit.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.
There was a new hololens driver for wmr yesterday. Does the headset work now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Nelson View Post
Anyone please?
Start with steam vr logs in the steam install directory. I'm not sure why you would be getting blue screens. One thing I could think of is memory but you have enough. Maybe a background process interfering?
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:42 AM   #3902
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Anyone please?
For a Windows Blue Screen, first thought that would come to my mind is system instability.
I would try setting bios to defaults and see if it still does it. Be sure and note your overclock settings so you can put them back in.
If stable at system default, then you know it is likely somewhere in your overclock or ram settings.

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w PS | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF Pro MCG Pro| EVGA DG 87 Case | Rift S | Oculus Quest |
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #3903
Willie Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
There was a new hololens driver for wmr yesterday. Does the headset work now?Start with steam vr logs in the steam install directory. I'm not sure why you would be getting blue screens. One thing I could think of is memory but you have enough. Maybe a background process interfering?
I’ll have another look through the background processes to see thanks. I’ll also check the SteamVR Log too, I’m guessing I could put it up on a steam forum and somebody might be able to interpret where the gremlin may be hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
For a Windows Blue Screen, first thought that would come to my mind is system instability.
I would try setting bios to defaults and see if it still does it. Be sure and note your overclock settings so you can put them back in.
If stable at system default, then you know it is likely somewhere in your overclock or ram settings.
As far as OC goes I simply use the Z270 OC Genie switch in the BIOS I’m too stupid to go and do a full kosher overclock. It has been good enough for me but up till now although it has only been about two months since I switched it on. Incidentally, I don’t know whether there is any benefit to also switching on the XMP at the same time?
(as OC Genie)? When I benchmarked the difference it was not measured but perhaps I’m missing something?
In the meantime I’ll go back to default and see whether it persists. Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated. Great headset nevertheless.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #3904
dburne
Veteran

Quote:

As far as OC goes I simply use the Z270 OC Genie switch in the BIOS I’m too stupid to go and do a full kosher overclock. It has been good enough for me but up till now although it has only been about two months since I switched it on. Incidentally, I don’t know whether there is any benefit to also switching on the XMP at the same time?
(as OC Genie)? When I benchmarked the difference it was not measured but perhaps I’m missing something?
In the meantime I’ll go back to default and see whether it persists. Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated. Great headset nevertheless.
If available you definitely want to use the XMP profile for your ram.

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w PS | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF Pro MCG Pro| EVGA DG 87 Case | Rift S | Oculus Quest |
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #3905
sze5003

Quote:
I’ll have another look through the background processes to see thanks. I’ll also check the SteamVR Log too, I’m guessing I could put it up on a steam forum and somebody might be able to interpret where the gremlin may be hiding.

I've always had instability issues using prime95 testing with the many motherboard auto overclock options. If overclocking it's better to do it one step at a time manually. I don't trust those built in overclocking tools. Try without an oc.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
Old 10-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #3906
Waxi

Question White noise in HMDs only on first boot

I have the following issue with my Reverb:

When I cold start my computer and start WMR or WMR for Steam, my Reverb shows white noise on both displays. When I then reboot my computer, the boot process seems to hang for like 20 seconds until the computer beeps and continues to reboot. Note that on cold start it does not hang and boots swiftly. Once the reboot is complete, my Reverb is working fine without any issues or glitches. Another way to fix the white noise issue is to unplug and reconnect the USB and DisplayPort plugs of the Reverb.

The issue occurs no matter which DisplayPort jack of my graphics card I am using. The USB plug is connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports soldered to the mainboard. The issue also occurs when using the USB 3.1 jack soldered to the mainboard.

My system consists of an Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming mainboard, an Intel Core i7-7700K processor, 32GB (4x8 GB modules) of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM, and an Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC graphics card to which I have applied the Nvidia DisplayPort firmware update.

I have not overclocked any of my system's components.

I purchased the Reverb from HP Germany a few weeks ago. So it should be of the second hardware revision.

Did anyone experience similar issues or has any hints on what I could try to solve it?
Waxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #3907
arturojgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
There was a new hololens driver for wmr yesterday.
Can you send a link to download the driver?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #3908
arturojgt

I'm having the following issue.

I can't find the driver and windows can't find it too.

Do you have a link to the latest driver?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	60
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	219484  
Old 10-18-2019, 01:22 PM   #3909
arturojgt

I executed WMR portal, check my pc and then this screen from last night and nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	73
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	219485  
Old 10-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #3910
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturojgt View Post
Can you send a link to download the driver?
In windows go to windows update and check for updates. It will be there. Keep the headset plugged in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxi View Post
I have the following issue with my Reverb:

When I cold start my computer and start WMR or WMR for Steam, my Reverb shows white noise on both displays. When I then reboot my computer, the boot process seems to hang for like 20 seconds until the computer beeps and continues to reboot. Note that on cold start it does not hang and boots swiftly. Once the reboot is complete, my Reverb is working fine without any issues or glitches. Another way to fix the white noise issue is to unplug and reconnect the USB and DisplayPort plugs of the Reverb.

The issue occurs no matter which DisplayPort jack of my graphics card I am using. The USB plug is connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports soldered to the mainboard. The issue also occurs when using the USB 3.1 jack soldered to the mainboard.

My system consists of an Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming mainboard, an Intel Core i7-7700K processor, 32GB (4x8 GB modules) of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM, and an Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC graphics card to which I have applied the Nvidia DisplayPort firmware update.

I have not overclocked any of my system's components.

I purchased the Reverb from HP Germany a few weeks ago. So it should be of the second hardware revision.

Did anyone experience similar issues or has any hints on what I could try to solve it?
Yea I too saw my PC hang on the first reverb when I just did a reboot. I think it's honestly a windows wmr issue. Mine didn't beep but it just hung for like 3 minutes before it finally rebooted. I didn't get static in the headset.