Any plans for a data cartridge? - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
FalcoGer
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 102
Default Datacartridge options for CMS Programs

It would be really nice to not having to set up the same countermeasure programms over and over again. I bet in the real hornet it works similarly to the a-10 or the f-16 where there is a datacardridge with all the waypoints and cms programs and such. it would be nice if you could set up the countermeasures programs in the options once and then they're loaded into the plane.
especially since you can't program the ale with weight on wheels (probably a bug).
FalcoGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
wolfpack2008rf
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 13
Default

A pre-briefing screen similar to Falcon would be nice, this way way-points attack plans can be viewed and data cartridge information set.
wolfpack2008rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
jwflowersii
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 87
Default Any plans for a data cartridge?

Are there any plans for a data cartridge feature for the F/A-18C?

Thanks,
John
jwflowersii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:24 AM   #4
kaoqumba
Member
 
kaoqumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 356
Default

NO,I know that in the latest news of JF17, the JF17 development team promised DTC loading. But for the F/A18C, the current focus is on fulfilling the promised functions and weapons. For the new aircraft and new functions added later. In principle, it will not affect the development of old modules. "Because other people add new functions and features, we also need to add new functions and features." This will greatly increase the time and cost of development. For example, AV8B and F/A18C have AGM65E missiles. A10C also used AGM65E, but it has not been added.
kaoqumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #5
Flagrum
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: r/hoggit
Posts: 6,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoqumba View Post
NO,I know that in the latest news of JF17, the JF17 development team promised DTC loading. But for the F/A18C, the current focus is on fulfilling the promised functions and weapons. For the new aircraft and new functions added later. In principle, it will not affect the development of old modules. "Because other people add new functions and features, we also need to add new functions and features." This will greatly increase the time and cost of development. For example, AV8B and F/A18C have AGM65E missiles. A10C also used AGM65E, but it has not been added.
Uhm, could you rephrase that? I read your posing like 3 times, but I still don't get what your point(s) is(are) .... sorry ...
Flagrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #6
kaoqumba
Member
 
kaoqumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
Uhm, could you rephrase that? I read your posing like 3 times, but I still don't get what your point(s) is(are) .... sorry ...
Sorry, I mean the ED team will give priority to the F/A18C promised functions and weapons. Continuous addition of unplanned functions and features will greatly increase the cost and time of development.
kaoqumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:36 AM   #7
jwflowersii
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoqumba View Post
Sorry, I mean the ED team will give priority to the F/A18C promised functions and weapons. Continuous addition of unplanned functions and features will greatly increase the cost and time of development.

Do you represent ED, and while I understand other features are important, I believe this is important as well for playing multiplayer. Also, why so hostile over a simple question?
jwflowersii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #8
Torri98
Junior Member
 
Torri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwflowersii View Post
Do you represent ED, and while I understand other features are important, I believe this is important as well for playing multiplayer. Also, why so hostile over a simple question?
He was not being hostile.
__________________
MSI Z87-G43, Crucial 16GB 1600MHz, Core i7 4770K, Gigabyte GTX680 2GB, Corsair TX750, Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Win7 Home Premium 64, Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5 & Trackclip Pro
Torri98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:36 AM   #9
Legendofdino
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: FL
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoqumba View Post
Sorry, I mean the ED team will give priority to the F/A18C promised functions and weapons. Continuous addition of unplanned functions and features will greatly increase the cost and time of development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri98 View Post
He was not being hostile.
If not hostile then definitely rude. The data cartridge next to IFF and SA page are probably the most important features of the hornet. Successful implementation would allow for greater in-depth mission planning through preprogrammed CMS profiles, waypoints with detailed information, IFF squawk codes, and weapons profiles. All of which have the potential to be configured in programs such as Combatflite before one ever enters the pit. So lets try not to answer a question the "Wish List" forum with "NO" right off the bat without understanding what's being asked. /end rant
Legendofdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #10
ChuckJäger
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 177
Default

You can edit the CMS programs via the lua file so that your preferences are just preloaded. I believe if you do a quick search in the forum you will find a thread. (not trying to be an ass, I just don't have the ability to search right now..)
__________________
VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |
ChuckJäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.