Brunner Force Feedback Joystick Base - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
Mozart

Lightbulb Brunner Force Feedback Joystick Base

Hello Community,

so I am really missing a force feedback joystick and I have noticed the Brunner joystick base, which is expensive and not compatible (yet). It's worth the price if the functionality is there I guess.

https://www.brunner-innovation.swiss...stick/?lang=de

So the question is, how can I get Brunner and ED to work together to make it compatible?
Is anyone of ED reading along to suggest who could be a contact person with the developers?

Also there is the question of expected functionality, please comment on that, if what I am expecting is going to be reasonable:

-Stick forces increasing with higher speed

-neutral point changing according to trim

-buffet before stall (most helpful feature in my opinion during dogfights)

-helicopters: force trim functionality

Thanks for your comments,
Mozart.
Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
Ranma13

For the price, there's going to be very few people who are going to purchase it. Brunner makes devices for the general aviation sim market, which is much larger market. As much as we would love for them to support DCS, the reality is that it's just not worth their time to write a plugin for DCS for the few dozen orders that they'd get.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
toutenglisse

Hi Mozart, you say it's not compatible with DCS, but it's plug'n'play usb, and works with windows and many other sims (that for some need a compatibility because they don't support force feedback natively).
So I bet it will work flawlessly with DCS that supports force feedback natively. (Ask Brunner by mail to be sure ?)

The functionality you talk about are features of the flight sim compatibility with force feedback, so DCS offers all that (Stick forces increase with high speed in non FBW planes, like WWII fighters, and trim changes the neutral point in all modules, and has a specific work with helicopters. Vibrations before stall are not common iirc, maybe with SU25t that has more force features than others, like guns vibrations).

Last edited by toutenglisse; 09-22-2018 at 03:06 PM.
toutenglisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #4
Ranma13

Brunner only supports force feedback through their plugin, which only supports FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane. DCS uses DirectInput FFB, which Brunner does not support.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:28 PM   #5
mdee

I'd buy this tomorrow if it would work with DCS. I doubt it's going to happen for the reasons stated above.
mdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
Svend_Dellepude

Looks very interesting though..

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.
Svend_Dellepude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
Wazoo

I have their FF Yoke and Rudder pedals and am quite happy with them (although FFB on the rudders are ultimately a not-needed luxury IMHO).
Samsung Odyssey WMR
Warthog HOTAS
Wazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:07 AM   #8
Berniyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdee View Post
I'd buy this tomorrow if it would work with DCS. I doubt it's going to happen for the reasons stated above.
I asked them about this and they told me that it is planned to support DCS and also HID FFB.
However, their priority is on their professional products, so it's unclear when this is going to happen.

Unfortunately, there isn't much news from Iris Dynamics as well, so it's either this one or none, it seems.
Berniyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
Berniyh

So I'm thinking about actually getting this base (the CLS-E version. CLS-P is way too expensive) to pair it up with my Warthog stick.

Since obviously it doesn't work in FFB mode for DCS yet … can someone say something about using it in plain spring-simulated mode?
How about precision around the center (most important thing for Helos)?

I plan do to a lot of flying in XP11, so at least there I can then use the FFB of the stick properly and I'd hope that DCS support isn't years away, but we'll see.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #10
Berniyh

hm, reading this, it seems to me as if trim functionality in DCS should still be available when using "Hardware Trim" together with USB HID functionality.
It still won't be a proper FFB stick, but having force trim would still be a major step forward.

https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.s...alJoystick.htm

https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.s...ctionality.htm

Tags
force feedback, joystick