Improved stability and dedicated server - Discussion - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #21
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKenny04 View Post
If the attitude of ED is that because people don't play multiplayer it isn't worth working on, then you have created a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Please re-read Wags response above, I think you will find that is not the case.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #22
microvax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
It was not deleted. I wanted Wags message on top and not to get lost, so new discussion.

These posts show as deleted in the closed thread. I read them and know at least one of them was purely constructive. And I dont see them merged in this thread either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 23.09.22.png
Views:	1021
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	189748  

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #23
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
Would a mission that populates the NTTR (otherwise barren) with the proper and realistic ranges and targets be considered "over-populated"?
Depends on who is connecting to it and their connection speed and computer specs. They go hand in hand.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #24
Kocrachon

Quote:
You are talking in the Multiplayer section right now just as an FYI.
I get that, I am referring to your original response that created the firestorm..
Kocrachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #25
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by microvax View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

These posts show as deleted in the closed thread. I read them and know at least one of them was purely constructive. And I dont see them merged in this thread either.
Did you even read the reason why they were removed?

Also please review the rules.

1.3 Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.

If you have an issue, PM me or another moderator about it.

Please get back on topic.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #26
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocrachon View Post
I get that, I am referring to your original response that created the firestorm..
If you read what it was being replied to, then it might make more sense, if not then I will explain. He was taking a very unscientific sampling of current users in MP, so in return I took a very unscientific sample of people upset with MP.

ED's position has never been to forget about MP, and the fact that people got upset because someone moved a post to the wishlist section is just as silly as thinking only 50 people want better MP experience.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #27
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
Thats completely untrue.
Completely?

I have seen it first hand, If I try and connect to a server with a 40 ping, I have a much better time than I do with a 400 ping. I dont time out on 40 ping server.

As stated, ED knows they have some work to do, but we as users need to make sure we meet the specs of the game as well, or that the servers are up to the task, or that we arent building insane missions full of crazy scripts and other things that suck up resources. It all adds up.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #28
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Quote:
How much ram do you have?
NineLine, I have the same issue. Only can play on SP and some "lights" servers. With 16 Gbs RAM DDR 3 has imposible connect to a normal server or populate servers. I think purchase an new computer with 32-64 Gb RAM on a far future to fix the issue. That problem coming with the 2.5.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #29
Pikey
Veteran

Reading through the counter arguments about "not as much Multiplayer" I think the current stats support the argument that MP isn't good enough.

If you look at registered users on servers such as Blue Flag, you see people come, and then they

GO.

It doesn't sustain people on a daily basis.

Saying there is few multiplayer, when there's so many squadrons out there shows that there is a PROBLEM. The numbers are there, they just don't want to play every day, keep trying to, and your guess is as good as mine why they don't stay.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #30
MarkP

We are flying twice a week with our squad in MP and do not have issues that bad.
Once in a month we got a desync but other than that no problems.

Sorry community, but i think its pretty stable
Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, Thrustmasters Wathog Throttle, VKB T-Rudder, Oculus Rift
PC Specs: Intel 8700K, MSI Z370-A Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, Win 10x64

Last edited by MarkP; 07-11-2018 at 10:34 PM.
MarkP is offline   Reply With Quote