FC4 feature requests - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #21
Pikey
Veteran

Not a chance, because it affects me if they pull dev time off full fidelity modules to add these features that are scope creep and conflicting.

I'm absolutely 100% against this proposition, FC3 is very successful and doesn't need it's formulae changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJack View Post
Since you don't fly any of them please stay out of the discussion/wish list.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #22
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
Not a chance, because it affects me if they pull dev time off full fidelity modules to add these features that are scope creep and conflicting.

I'm absolutely 100% against this proposition, FC3 is very successful and doesn't need it's formulae changed.
I'm glad you're not making important decisions then, otherwise we'd still be using eight track tapes and DOS4GW graphics engine. "The cassette player is perfectly serviceable, and Doom was revolutionary in its day. CD drives and 3d engines are scope creep and draw resources from the anniversary release of Sweet Home Alabama and new WADs."

While the specific features suggested are debatable, no, it is not essential that there be NO INNOVATION OR IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER. That's just a ridiculous attitude to take. Especially since FC aircraft do indeed need updating, thus... ED UPDATING THEM, jeez. You've got PFMs and expanded functionality already, including additional radar modes. It's not going to remain static. Accept it.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #23
USMC_Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
I'm glad you're not making important decisions then, otherwise we'd still be using eight track tapes and DOS4GW graphics engine. "The cassette player is perfectly serviceable, and Doom was revolutionary in its day. CD drives and 3d engines are scope creep and draw resources from the anniversary release of Sweet Home Alabama and new WADs."

While the specific features suggested are debatable, no, it is not essential that there be NO INNOVATION OR IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER. That's just a ridiculous attitude to take. Especially since FC aircraft do indeed need updating, thus... ED UPDATING THEM, jeez. You've got PFMs and expanded functionality already, including additional radar modes. It's not going to remain static. Accept it.
This cracked me up

Stapp's Law: The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.

i7 4770K OC'ed to 4.3, GTX 1070 Seahawk (OC'ed), Oculus Rift CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #24
Pikey
Veteran

It's nothing to do with "innovating" FC3, to continue with your metaphor, what the OP suggests is to turn the eight track tape into a 16 track tape rather than concentrate on the CD player.

FC3 modules don't need updating, people use FC3 perfectly fine and these modules are subject to less breakages than the complex ones, release on release. Making them more into complex module defeats the point of them being simplistic and narrows the gap between modules. PFM's were great for FC3, a real gift, but I'm not so sure this wasn't for the benefit of everyone being on the same level and part of a wider goal.

Summary of the OP's points:
  • Wants realistic radio with tunable frequencies
  • Wants to use navigation aids in the cockpit albeit in some "cycle mode"
  • Wants to select local air pressure for the altimeter
Tune-able frequencies for FC3. If you want it, there's Simple Radio. Tune all you want and get effects and radio enhancements. For free.

Navigation aid to cycle up and down. I don't know when the last time folks checked the beacons.lua but for Caucasus it is One thousand, Eight Hundred and Eighty-Six lines long. Heaven help cycling through the wrong end of that for simplicity.
Then the OP says the current method is too simple. But the feature exists in capable full modules. Ironic.

Local Air pressure deviations. Which part of this fits with the FC3 playerbase or product? What type of sim enthusiast complains his airport can't give him QFE on his F-15 then chooses FC3 over an F-5? Most the FC3 players won't even know the difference between QFE and QNH. Of those that do, great news for them, and remind them there are modules that they can adjust for pressure locally in the full modules.

Solving the flight plans as editable mid mission for Clients would solve way more problems for the entire consumer base and has been asked for for many years now.

Anyway, you've seen how ED work with things, what they change and what they go back to. If they can pull these changes into their dev schedule I'd be very happy for you guys, I really would. Best of luck to all of you!

Quote:

Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:47 AM   #25
Avimimus

I'd rather like being able to select salvo sizes and the release height for cluster bombs.
Avimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:51 AM   #26
HiJack
Veteran

Quote:
@HiJack
His thoughts are just as valid as anybody else's, yo
Yes of course. I just tried to fire Pikes up a bit more

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:50 AM   #27
David OC

I don't think ED will add clickable things to FC3 and not sure they want to change the code setup they have now (Nav etc) for these existing modules and future FC4 modules and just reusing as much of the existing code base. Reason being is just to keep the entry cost down as much as they can. Any NEW features could change the price point with all the extra development time involved.

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 AM   #28
HiJack
Veteran

Yes that is most lightly how it is going to be.

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #29
ebabil
Veteran

I am really not a fc style plane fan but here is my idea:

FC4 Heavy Pack

* Awacs planes
* Tanker Planes
* Cargo Planes

Youtube
Z390 / i5 9400F / Gtx1070 / 16 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle - CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 4
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #30
dimitrischal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabil View Post
I am really not a fc style plane fan but here is my idea:

FC4 Heavy Pack

* Awacs planes
* Tanker Planes
* Cargo Planes
So we make sure absolutely no FC3 fan ever buys it and the franchise hopefully dies, good idea.
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
altimeter setting, fc3, fc4, feature request, navigation