=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #21
xcom

The whole Israeli community in DCS joined your server tonight.
Thanks for an excellent mission from the IAF!

Last edited by xcom; 09-20-2014 at 08:46 PM.
xcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #22
VIMANAMAN

Yeah really great to see another server tailored to WWII - great job!

I'm new to MP and spent 2 or 3 hours in Burning skies today, and a couple of sessions last weekend on the DOW server - really great fun!! Thanks to both Teams!

For anyone like me who's been reluctant to try MP, the difference is 'night and day' (compared to SP missions - certainly when you design missions yourself anyway). Far more realistic by far.

Anyway reason for posting apart from to say thanks, was just to make a couple of observations -

I might have got something wrong, as I said I'm new to this - but in the 02 Senaki-Poti mission, playing as a blue FW, I managed to score a SC500 hit on the largest building indicated as a target at Senaki AB - the really big hanger / workshop shown circled at the top of the photo - which burnt and did then show the destroyed LOD (at 3km alt anyway) - but the periodic mission progress reports continued to report Senaki AB 'Target 1' as 100% undamaged? And no Team score change? Blue were losing badly and I'd decided to go on the offensive...

Also, and I really could be wrong here, my aircraft seemed to trigger the Blufor air raid warning when I flew into Kobuleti to re-arm (a couple of times) and once when entering the area over the ships at Poti? Maybe there were enemy entering the area at the same time but there were no signs? I spawned out of Batumi, in case that helps.

A General MP thought (from a newb to MP), and not specific to Burning skies - it would be great if the the 'runway in use', at any used AB's, could be clarified in the mission brief, and be the same as ATC instructions and be in keeping with wind direction - yeah I know that's not as easy as it sounds

Anyway keep up the great work! - see you in the sky

PS I was on the back of a P51 (briefly) last weekend and my leg started twitching / shaking, and I couldn't do anything to stop it

Last edited by VIMANAMAN; 09-20-2014 at 09:04 PM.
VIMANAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #23
Maler
Veteran

Thank you guys who were now on the server. Especially Squadron IAF. I was glad to see you. But not my Dora.)))
By the next weekend will be a new mission.
Maler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:57 PM   #24
xcom

Was truely our pleasure!

We have a weekly WWII night which is set right now to Saturday nights, we will try to get back next week to try out your new mission, thanks!

EDIT - As I see in both the missions we have been in, my eStatHandler script is used.
Are there statistics published anywhere or is it just for the mission message information?

Last edited by xcom; 09-20-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #25
cliffy229

Just got done with a couple hour long session on this server and it was awesome. Flying from Colorado in the US I was worried my ping would be unacceptable but even at ~180 ms I had no problems dive bombing the buildings and dogfighting. The mission design is very good and very fun, concentrating the action in just a few areas with the flak script to help in spotting. Fun for ground pounders and dogfighters alike. I will certainly be back and will now have to split my time among 2 awesome servers.
cliffy229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #26
Maler
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
Was truely our pleasure!

We have a weekly WWII night which is set right now to Saturday nights, we will try to get back next week to try out your new mission, thanks!

EDIT - As I see in both the missions we have been in, my eStatHandler script is used.
Are there statistics published anywhere or is it just for the mission message information?

Missions and scripts involved. He later answer. Statistics like to have. The task for the future.
Do you already have web statistics?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #27
xcom

Yes, but not for a live server yet.
Here is an example of the statistics on our last campaign, statistics mission after mission -
http://89.163.173.82/DCS/Default.html

Check the links on the left.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #28
Maler
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
Yes, but not for a live server yet.
Here is an example of the statistics on our last campaign, statistics mission after mission -
http://89.163.173.82/DCS/Default.html

Check the links on the left.
Awesome!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #29
otavio

I would play if the ping for americans was a little better. Just don't see me flying with 280 ping something happening right now. Also, another issue i see for WW2 DCS servers is the current spotting, which is just stupid. Anyway, hope you guys share your missions with the DoW server.
otavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #30
ViFF

Hi Maler, Eekz,

Was very good flying on your server last night.

Well built mission and very good briefing, was very informative and added to the atmosphere

Hope to see some more soon!

S!

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website
ViFF is offline   Reply With Quote