DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: How shoiuld the Autopilot Altitude and Heading/Track Switches be mapped on the RMFD?
Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples) 0 0%
Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches) 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #11
Home Fries

0.51 is uploaded. It fixes a bug with T1 for the P-51D causing issues with other aircraft profiles.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Home Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #12
Home Fries

Version 1.00 is released

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 01-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #13
Ssnake51

Thanks for continuing to work on this, Home Fries.:-)
Old 01-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
hansangb
Veteran

Man...I wish you had the Warthog setup so I could use it! I guess I could build off of your throttle setup. That would be a good start.

Thanks
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #15
Home Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssnake51 View Post
Thanks for continuing to work on this, Home Fries.:-)
You're welcome, Ssnake. If you have any suggestions for future implementation please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post
Man...I wish you had the Warthog setup so I could use it! I guess I could build off of your throttle setup. That would be a good start.
I would like to make a Warthog compatible profile, and now that I have a friend with a Hog who is actually within driving distance, this may become a reality in the future. That said, please provide me with anything you convert to at least give me a heads-up on what kinds of things I'll need to do (I'll credit you in the manual).

EDIT: One last thing: if you do tweak the profile for the Warthog, be sure not to use DX29-DX32 for the button assignments. DX29 is reserved for my differential braking routine, and DX30-32 are modifiers that allow the profile to get past the 32 button limit of an integrated controller.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Last edited by Home Fries; 01-31-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:20 AM   #16
hansangb
Veteran

You got it Home Fries. It may be a while before I can get to it though. Playing with Oculus Rift at the moment.
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #17
Home Fries

Version 1.10 is released. This release contains updated LUA profiles for DCS World 1.2.7 Update 1, consolidates and remaps much of the FC3 profiles, fixes a minor bug with the UH-1, and adds a Mi-8 profile (work in progress).

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #18
-Hammer-

what an amazing work
Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2 x 1080Ti SLI | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x Philips BDM4065UC, 39.5" + 1 x DELL 23" Touchscreen + Helios | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT
-Hammer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #19
ArtMan_NL

I just downloaded your profile today which look impressive to me. You must be a very clever guy to sort this stuff out....

I just want to use it for the SU-25 at this moment. (Student Pilot in DCS )

I have read the manual carefully and after running the DCSworld tmc script everything looks good so far. (I don't get any error messages during compiling the script in the Target Software)

(I made some small changes in the script like editing the rudder to a USB styled one)

However....

The problems begin at page 17 of the installation manual. I have loaded the SU-25 keyboard en Joystickfile but when I try to edit the modifiers I don't see the "thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root)"

What did I wrong?

(Running W7 Ult. and the latest 1.2.7. DCS World with the latest updates)

Thanks in advance for any help.

/Arthur
ArtMan_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #20
Home Fries

ArtMan,
Have you loaded the TARGET profile before going into DCS? You need to do that, because TARGET creates a separate virtual controller, and that needs to be running for it to be seen in DCS.

Along a similar note, if you ever go into the DCS options menu and see a lot of red lines, you likely forgot to start your TARGET profile. Exit the options menu without saving, or else you will have to redo your modifiers.

Hope this helps, and good luck. I paid special attention to the Su-25 when redoing the FC3 HOTAS mappings.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Tags
cougar, hotas, mfd, thrustmaster, warthog