[REPORTED] Better landing/taxi light - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #1
Shuenix

Default [REPORTED] Better landing/taxi light

In night with bad weather, it is nearly impossible to see where to taxi. AFAIK aircrafts has very powerfull lights.
Shuenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Arctander

Yes. We know. Ed knows.

But for some reason better lighting (that I see on FC3 planes like the eagle) cannot come to the Hornet without a graphics engine change.
Arctander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
Kid18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
Yes. We know. Ed knows.

But for some reason better lighting (that I see on FC3 planes like the eagle) cannot come to the Hornet without a graphics engine change.
It's a matter of different tech being used to build such newer modules.
They probably "over-upgraded" the modules tech for what the "new" old engine (2.5) can handle

Simming since 2005
My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA GTX1070 FTW, Corsair HX850
Kid18120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:13 AM   #4
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
Yes. We know. Ed knows.

For lights on aircraft, we have improved some, and other improvements will come. I am not sure where you are getting the graphics engine change from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid18120 View Post
It's a matter of different tech being used to build such newer modules.
They probably "over-upgraded" the modules tech for what the "new" old engine (2.5) can handle
No, if you look at the A-10C, it has improved lights, it can be done for the Hornet, it just hasnt been done yet, it is reported
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #5
Arctander

Ok. Must have been a misunderstanding my end about the different types of lighting. Thanks for clearing that up. Since it doesn’t require a graphics engine change I look forwards to better lighting sooner rather than later.
Arctander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:04 AM   #6
Shuenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
No, if you look at the A-10C, it has improved lights, it can be done for the Hornet, it just hasnt been done yet, it is reported
Thnx
Shuenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:59 PM   #7
phil106ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
For lights on aircraft, we have improved some, and other improvements will come. I am not sure where you are getting the graphics engine change from.

great news because it's supposed to be easier than planned …. my question is when ??????
phil106ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f18, landing light