Why F-14b before 14a - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-16-2019, 09:11 PM   #11
Falby

You're probably right. But I personally would rather have had the A first then the A+ and B later to simulate the development as happened irl
Falby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #12
captain_dalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC View Post
I imagine the decision to do the B first has at least something to do with releasing the one with more powerful engines before the one that may be a bit more challenging to fly. Call me cynical, but I assume this would draw more early sales from the types that want max capability, and satisfy the historical enthusiasts with the A later.
To be fair, most people here (present company excluded) probably did want the B more then the A. Add to that the extra complexity of the TF30 power plants simulation and i think it was in the end an ok decision. I did (and still do) prefer the A though
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #13
VC

I prefer the early A aesthetically, those white undersides and bright markings are irresistible. For actual flying I'd love to have both eventually to explore the challenges, don't have strong opinions personally on getting the B first. It seems like internally they'll look more or less the same anyway.

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!
X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4
VC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:14 PM   #14
IronMike
3rd Party Developer

Simply because it made sense development wise to make the full package first, and then adjust for the A. Like that you got Lantirn, for example and so on. And in parts simply how things fell into place to facilitate development. So yes, for the time being it is a little bit of a patchwork still, simply as part of the development evolution. The Buno is just examplary and not meant to point at the correct aircraft it was modeled on (although it played a role). Those things like correct buno number, etc, are just super low on the priority list atm, once we have the EIG, A model and so on, it will make more sense to take a second look at such mini-details. Hope that makes sense.

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:06 AM   #15
Buschwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falby View Post
You're probably right. But I personally would rather have had the A first then the A+ and B later to simulate the development as happened irl
Impossible.

RL development happens faster than any development DCS related has ever happened.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:29 AM   #16
VIKBELL

I prefer the the b model to the A and I am glad they did it how they did.