Eagle Dynamic most need add this to the game - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 11:14 PM   #31
Baco

Another feature that I would take over better landscape is the incorporation of Electronic Warfare to the equations.

Right now it is barely scratched in DCS.
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:33 PM   #32
Ercoupe

I just don't think that ED really needs to moddel the whole. Just my opinion, of course. But, do I really want to fly over New Jersey?
Model where operations will be taking place. And if ED did want to go the FS 2020 approach, how would they make the environment destructable? That's an issue, of course.
When I want to take a flight around the world, I'll jump into FS2020, because I will be getting that. When I wan't to blow something up, it'll be in DC World.
Ercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:34 PM   #33
Fri13
Veteran

the ground details and clutter is far more important than any other electronic warfare or such. As it is everything that touches a ground combat and ground units. Basically everything except the naval war middle of ocean. As it is all about visibility, spotting and hiding, advancing and engagement between ground units and air units, as ground units itself.

The DCS is not about launching a cruise missile from 200nm distance or flying at 10 km altitude and intercepting strategic bombers. It is about a WW2 era fighters, ground units and Cold War era aircrafts, be it fixed or rotary wings. And in such scenario, ground units main surviving tactic is to conceal themselves to the terrain. Blend in, stay hidden and use terrain not just concealment but as well as cover, a protection. Hide the troops true capabilities, locations and give the edge over enemy to surprise them as well hold the advanced position on terrain over enemy so they cant attack at you as it would be suicide.

The weather is as important as well. It aint just eye candy, it is limitations when you can fly and how you can fly and what weapons you can use. When it rains, there is a mist, fog etc, your laser guided munitions are useless or seriously limited. Your FLIR is useless tool, and only thing that helps is then the A-G radar when you dont have visibility. And that generation we get is inaccurate and limited in its uselfulness but only thing that tells you something at better way than a moving digital map, that where is that river, big building, bridge or how many big aircrafts there are on that wide open flat airport when you are close enough.

The weather will change (should) a lot what can pilots do and how they perform.

And the true Combat happens on the ground, why Combined Arms module should become the crticial cornerstone of all in DCS.

And that cant be done by implementing azure, as it doesnt have the data or definition required.

And before anyone brings again the "Whole World", it doesnt mean all is done at high resolution, but historically major conflict areas can be done at high resolution and joined together with low resolution world, to be fly over at high altitude....
Old 11-14-2019, 11:50 PM   #34
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri-13
the ground details and clutter is far more important than any other electronic warfare or such. As it is everything that touches a ground combat and ground units. Basically everything except the naval war middle of ocean. As it is all about visibility, spotting and hiding, advancing and engagement between ground units and air units, as ground units itself.

The DCS is not about launching a cruise missile from 200nm distance or flying at 10 km altitude and intercepting strategic bombers. It is about a WW2 era fighters, ground units and Cold War era aircrafts, be it fixed or rotary wings. And in such scenario, ground units main surviving tactic is to conceal themselves to the terrain. Blend in, stay hidden and use terrain not just concealment but as well as cover, a protection. Hide the troops true capabilities, locations and give the edge over enemy to surprise them as well hold the advanced position on terrain over enemy so they cant attack at you as it would be suicide.
LoL What you're interested in is all that counts eh ?

E.D. must wish they'd seen that pearl of wisdom before they wasted their time on coding the F-16 & F/A-18C TWS...
Old 11-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #35
delevero

There are many good suggestions above.

But one thing i like to see is a training tutorial for new pilots.

Example a tutorial that start after your startup you plane where you get a guided tour of how to setup your coms and what to say to tower of airport, before taxi, during taxi, taxi onto runway, and takeoff
And then what to do and say when you get airborn ( leaving airspace )
and then what to do when you get back such a the break, height, base, final landing and then again taxi instructions.

The above could even be user made.

Personaly i flown sims since 1990 but i am/was always scared and not so good at talking and remembering what to so.
So personaly for me something like this will make me able to train and repeat and mimic what im shown.
( tip.. new science show that some people are goot at listening, some are good at seeing and repeating, and other need to do things while watching to learn the most efficient. )
( maybe if we had some kind of ghost/visual plane we could follow during the would be ideal, also while during carrier landings since its more easy to follow a ghost plane than reading instructions... with other words instructions and visual instructions is the way to go i think )
delevero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:27 AM   #36
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco View Post
You want pretty pictures go get a flying game.

DCS is about FM, Weapons envelopes, realism and combat experience.

Most needed feature is to get right the Missiles Envelopes, (they are already working on it)

And a good representation of a dynamic theater of war. (they are also working on it) AND a lot of well designed Dynamic missions come really close to what is needed....

Photo realistic terrain? well it would be nice, but definitely not the most needed feature.

On the other hand we need that band width to transmit planes, targets, weapons and proyectiles positions, and to have a good sync in Multi crew aircraft, Not downloading pretty landscapes

The terrain can always look better, but I agree, it also has to be a balance, we have a lot going on in DCS, so it needs to take all that into account as well.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:39 AM   #37
zhukov032186

I like all the hurduring because people saw a SALES PITCH. Let's wait and see what MS actually does before deciding whether ED should copy them. Ads + reality don't always match.

Gamers... always so eager to fall for the ol' bait n switch.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:42 AM   #38
MiG21bisFishbedL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
The DCS is not about launching a cruise missile from 200nm distance or flying at 10 km altitude and intercepting strategic bombers. It is about a WW2 era fighters, ground units and Cold War era aircrafts, be it fixed or rotary wings.

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #39
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkojohns View Post
DCS = No we still have a great game... Turns on DCS and nothing to do.
It's your problem, not DCS. Even with the free content you can fly countless hours - combat or free flight, aerobatics, missions, SP or MP, VFR/IFR, day/night... but some have all the modules/maps and still have no idea what to do.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #40
Baco

Well If you find nohing to do in DCS, its not a sim for U. Personally i have millions of options, from training a new module every so often to participating in my squads.
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote