ALE-47 countermeasure programming help? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #11
CBStu

I am a little under a year in the DCS FA-18 and have been working my way through the Mission Qualification and the Weapons Qualifications missions. All has been fine using chaff and flares til today I thought to try some of the Caucasus Combat Missions. So I go to the DDI and click EW and the next screen has ALE-47 X'd out. Go to Chucks guide and read about Master Arm on and Dispense switch ON. I click MA to ON but Dispense is OFF and will not move. So I go back to one of the other missions and find Dispense is preset to ON and, BTW, if I click it, it will only move to OFF and will not move back to ON. I check the other Combat missions ( 5 or6) and they are all the same. Dispense switch is OFF and will not move. Pretty much makes these Combat Missions worthless. What am I missing?
CBStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #12
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBStu View Post
I am a little under a year in the DCS FA-18 and have been working my way through the Mission Qualification and the Weapons Qualifications missions. All has been fine using chaff and flares til today I thought to try some of the Caucasus Combat Missions. So I go to the DDI and click EW and the next screen has ALE-47 X'd out. Go to Chucks guide and read about Master Arm on and Dispense switch ON. I click MA to ON but Dispense is OFF and will not move. So I go back to one of the other missions and find Dispense is preset to ON and, BTW, if I click it, it will only move to OFF and will not move back to ON. I check the other Combat missions ( 5 or6) and they are all the same. Dispense switch is OFF and will not move. Pretty much makes these Combat Missions worthless. What am I missing?
Are you using the right mouse button to toggle the switch forward/up? Left click moves a switch aft in the Hornet, right click moves a switch forward/up. Kinda sounds like it.

If you are trying to do this WoW (on the ground) - it will not work. You have to be airborne.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #13
Arctander

I’d also note if doing this EVERY time is a pain, you can edit a lua file in notepad++ to have it set to a personal default (while we wait for ED to finish the Aircraft set up options - remember them?)

Iirc it’s in the dcs folder/mods/aircraft/f18/cockpit/scripts/tews/ale47.lua
Arctander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #14
Arctander

You’ll need to edit it or keep a copy to copy/paste in post update
Arctander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #15
CBStu

Darseth, thankyou so much. Yep right click does it. I haven't run into that before but now I will know if I have it again.
CBStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #16
LTRMcrew

Has the "auto" been activated? I don't believe it has as it's never worked correctly for me, but that could be user error.
LTRMcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #17
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRMcrew View Post
Has the "auto" been activated? I don't believe it has as it's never worked correctly for me, but that could be user error.
Not that I know of. I wouldn't use it anyway, auto CM releases tend to be very wasteful and it's not like the Hornet has CM to spare.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700k, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Hornet grip on T-50 base, Warthog side-stick, Warthog throttle, TPR pedals, 3 MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR|
F/A-18C, F-16C, JF-17, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:13 AM   #18
majapahit

I always use manual (Override).
In RL I think I read somewhere auto is switched on only in ferrying when enjoying the scenery and in case of an ambush. Entering an active theater on Auto would be wasting c.measures.
Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen | VR googles
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #19
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBStu View Post
Darseth, thankyou so much. Yep right click does it. I haven't run into that before but now I will know if I have it again.
Happy to hear it helped! In the Hornet (unlike the A10C), right click moves a switch forward and left click moves a switch aft. Also, left clicking will move a horizontal switch to the left and right clicking will move the switch to the right (or rotary switch). You will discover the necessity to have the same actions with the mouse clicking for all toggle switches within the aircraft (i.e FLIR, LTD/R, LST, etc).

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ale-47, countermeasures, programming