Normandy News - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #31
cercata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch View Post
I think people are getting upset for the word "free" because ...
That word was totally necessary, because they just say it's a big update to the map, people would start asking if it was a paid update.

So there is no posible excuse to get angry at it
cercata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #32
DD_Fenrir

I could utter the word "carrot" and nothing else, no context, no emotional inference, and it'd offend someone here apparently.

*sigh*

Normandy is getting an update it sorely needs and that is a good thing. That it is free is another.

Whether or not all our collective issues are solved will remain to be seen.

A deadline/ETA would be nice, sure, but by God, if you haven't worked out by now that release dates with DCS are - necessarily - an amorphous creature then you clearly haven't been here that long.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:11 PM   #33
FlankerKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
Sith, I appreciate you get a lot of rubbish thrown your way and you're required to be somewhat defensive (being on payroll and all), but can you just accept for once that others have different experiences than you, and just because yours is fine, doesn't mean other people's are.

Normandy runs ok on my rig, but it doesn't perform as well as others.

For people with worse machines than ours, that can run Cauc fine but not Normandy, the broken claims do have a ring of truthfulness to them.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what the updates bring.

I have an older rig. Normandy runs pretty good on it, but the southern part of the Caucus map is almost unusable for me. We all have different experiences, and opinions.
FlankerKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:54 AM   #34
Forbidden_Tek

"Improved quality of the coastline, both in Normandy and along the English coast."
I hope this means the addition of cliffs.... The south coast and Isle of Wight look strange without them.
Forbidden_Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #35
Birko

Cool, is there a planned quarter for release yet? (if I havent just missed it)
Birko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #36
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko View Post
Cool, is there a planned quarter for release yet? (if I havent just missed it)
I was thinking about that myself just today, let me see if I can get some news.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #37
IronJockel

@Nineline

If the map is feature complete and any additional work goes beyond that, then why is it still listed as an early access product in the store without a full release date being set?

It seems to me there is an inconsistency in the definition of release candidates here, as all other modules get announcements when they go full release after a period of early access, in which features are being added and bugs are fixed, what is totally fine. But for some reason the Normandy map feature complete before it's considered to be full release and left there for over 2 years? Sorry, this all feels like excuses for, by the standards we may have got used to by DCS, a poorly supported piece of software and even worse customer communication by the 3rd party devs.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #38
NineLine
Community Manager

The only thing I see listed as Early Access is the bundle, and that is because the Asset Pack is still Early Access as they are still adding new units. Are you seeing it somewhere else?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #39
IronJockel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
The only thing I see listed as Early Access is the bundle, and that is because the Asset Pack is still Early Access as they are still adding new units. Are you seeing it somewhere else?
True, my bad.

The Early Access Tag seems to be ONLY on the bundle and no other product at all even if they still are EA.
May want to change that to prevent confusion.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #40
Worg

Hi Nineline and Bignewy.
An update of the Normandy map was planned for November.
Can you try to get news about this?
I know it's not ED who deals with this map, but Ugra Media is not very talkative.
Thank you.
Worg is offline   Reply With Quote