Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle Schematic

Hi guys,

I am currently adapt my Cougar throttle (stick is not existing) to USB. Someone got the schematic for the Cougar Throttle?

My research lead to the post of Uriba but it does not look like this is the correct schematic for me. As you can see from his schematic, he has resistors in it, my PCB only has diode on it, also measuring the resistance does not work out like his schematic.

My PCB looks like this one. But there is another one with more components as it seems? (Did not find a higher resolution, but you can clearly see components in the middle near the big connector)

Does someone have the pinout for my Version, or do I missing something?

Also I am not sure about the big connector. The connector coming from the handle has 12 rows, while the connector on the PCB only has 11 rows. which side of the connector is not connected? On the picture I linked above (first one), it looks like the missing connection is on the right side but I would say it needs to be on the left side, as the crimb of the cable goes from right to left and the left side is missing two cable positions.

• 2 weeks later...

I converted my Cougar throttle to USB using Leo Bodnar's BU0836 some time ago, so this might help.

This is what the base PCB looked like when I traced the connections. Note that there are two unused pins on the big ribbon connector. I seem to remember it was essential to get the offset in the right direction when connecting!

2023301681_Cougar-ThrottlebasePCB.thumb.JPG.d0b19a049712388b2ed9ac78fd26b62c.JPG

This base PCB was then discarded, and connections made to the BU0836 to provide the USB output.

1476137142_Cougar-Circuit-ModforUSBoutput.thumb.JPG.6b5c81770c43d587b66f0cec48c99fa7.JPG

At that time I did not have facilities for making PCBs, so the connections were a dogs breakfast on Veroboard.. However , none of this is visible and it works perfectly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=218236&thumb=1&d=1570060336

I converted my Cougar throttle to USB using Leo Bodnar's BU0836 some time ago, so this might help.

This is what the base PCB looked like when I traced the connections. Note that there are two unused pins on the big ribbon connector. I seem to remember it was essential to get the offset in the right direction when connecting!

[ATTACH]219935[/ATTACH]

This base PCB was then discarded, and connections made to the BU0836 to provide the USB output.

[ATTACH]219936[/ATTACH]

At that time I did not have facilities for making PCBs, so the connections were a dogs breakfast on Veroboard.. However , none of this is visible and it works perfectly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=218236&thumb=1&d=1570060336

What about using RS TUSBA R2 directly

I have a brand new TQS and RS TUSBA R2 but I have not had the opportunity to see if it works under Windows 10, as it should

I also have a USB circuit board from Warthog, as I'm not a handyman, so I did not want to try

• 2 months later...

I have a problem here in throttle and I am not so aware, in a flight some buttons were patting alone very fast, and after re installing firmware, drivers and etc returned to normal. The cougar is plugged in USB 2.0, without explanation back to normal when I turn on the machine, a Dell inspiron 7500 notebook.

I opened the trottle to see if there are any loose cables, but there aren't. The error is intermittent and is currently more in error than not occurring. the buttons that get tight is uhf dogfight and microswitch. This cougar has two years of use.

Could it be throttle PCB? I hear it may be the diodes, but do they flash?

need help

thanks