Frustrating Multiplayer - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-26-2019, 09:45 PM   #11
probad

wow why arent there any laws in place to ensure i get my fun quota
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:45 PM   #12
Ignition

Multiplayer is BRUTAL in the air quake servers.
You need to try to force the enemy to fight by your rules. If your beeing shot a lot in the mountains by IR missiles, then don't go there, or don't be predictable.

Also try to use AWACS to build your situational awarness.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #13
Tiramisu

Are there any quick single player missions to improve SA skills for MP? I know the best way to practice for MP is to play it, but it takes a lot of time to startup and fly to the bandits compared to the time when you are actually practicing to spot them before you get shot. I am not a fast learner, so I need an effective training for my situational awareness without the usage of any radar. Especially against those guys sneaking in the hills.
Tiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #14
falcon_120

Best advice is to use Tacview to assess what you did wrong after each fight. As a rule of thumb you need to position yourself such that you are between friendly forces and the enemy, and you clearly understand towards which direction you need to disengage, such that you force the enemy to go towards friendly Aircrafts and SAMs. It seems a stupid comment but you dont know how easy you are so disoriented that you end up being isolated, fighting against several bandits, or fighting over enemy SAM coverage.

So start as easy as possible, you enter an enemy SAM zone, or AC controlled zone, you just go quick for an attack, launch and once you missile is active you RUN towards friendly zone again and you start building the SA again.
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #15
Frostie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
Are there any quick single player missions to improve SA skills for MP? I know the best way to practice for MP is to play it, but it takes a lot of time to startup and fly to the bandits compared to the time when you are actually practicing to spot them before you get shot. I am not a fast learner, so I need an effective training for my situational awareness without the usage of any radar. Especially against those guys sneaking in the hills.
In sp set up mulitple non hostile passive contacts in the mountains and use labels.
Join in a high flying fighter overhead and scan down noting how prf affects aspect and range, use medium prf to weed out the notchers. Take into account bandits range, aspect and build a picture, even those cold at 30nm. This will help you understand the mechanics of your radar and how best to find those hidden sneaks as well as get in to the practice of building SA.
When you feel it turn labels off and give the ai some teeth and then learn to do all that but with your head out of the pit.

Datalink is a lazy tool so easily available these days in DCS, it's a false comfort when trying to achieve air superiority so effective scanning is even more important.
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #16
Tiramisu

Good idea! I need to practice spotting bandits against the ground clutter, which is extremly hard for me even on shorter ranges. Maybe my 10-20 FPS are one of the reasons why I loose visual on them so easily.
Tiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #17
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Multiplayer takes a lot of practice, I usually play co-op and ground pounding, when I go on a PVP server I get wasted also
Old 10-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #18
Snappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
Good idea! I need to practice spotting bandits against the ground clutter, which is extremly hard for me even on shorter ranges. Maybe my 10-20 FPS are one of the reasons why I loose visual on them so easily.
You may also try flying on the ‚Just Dogfight‘ server.It has various areas,( 1v1 ,guns&IR,Guns only) ,plus you get spawned pretty close to the enemy(mostly even in air too,if you like) so if you just want to train its a good place to start.

It has optional labels too.

Regards ,

Snappy
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:43 PM   #19
Airogue

If you want to learn, you need a good community. Growling Sidewinder is full of fan bois, and solo-ists. Why would they want to teach poker to the people they are trying to take the money of?

If you want to learn, a server that is built on community interaction and working together for ACTUAL mission objectives that are generated by the players in the game talking, and generating the ground and air game is the way to go.

Modern Cold War server is a great place, full of players that came from other multiplayer servers like you, but found working together, be it 15 minutes of flight time you get before real life obligations, or a weekend binge to blow up the opposing teams hopes and dreams, haha it's a blast. We all take the time to teach each other as well, whether you are new to the server or new to an air frame. They've spent hours helping me fly the F-14 and F-16, and I teach everyone I can the Mirage.

If you get tired of flying fighters, or ground attack, like I do sometimes, I just relax by slinging an invasion convoy of tanks, and AA to send into enemy territory.

There's something for everyone, and I can't stress the community part enough.

feel free to join us on discord and check out for yourself.

https://discord.gg/RNhCFg9

Respectfully,
Airogue
Airogue is offline   Reply With Quote