Su 34 Module - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-01-2019, 03:58 AM   #11
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Trev View Post
No one at ED wants to wake up dead with their throat cut.
How exaggerated as if the opponents do not have the ability to do reverse engineering on the enemy airplanes.

Probably a question of manic safety
The Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:37 AM   #12
LINKIN

I'd also like to see the FC3 version.
LINKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #13
Gierasimov

Smile Invalid

@ USMC_Trev

You seen to contradict ED Executive Producer, as such I am not going into opinions clash with you on this subject.

However, applied logic as for the 3rd party is not valid as it is not ED who is integrator. From software development perspective, ED delivers platform and 3rd party integrates its products.

Slowly but surely we will get there as many countries are phasing out their fleets of MiG-29s not to mention other export types. If a third party is able to deliver -19, -21, -23, one day, one will deliver -29, or a Sukhoi.

I respect your interest and opinion, and at the same time I hope that ED or a 3rd party will prove you wrong.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #14
Gierasimov

Wink FC3 is not decided yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINKIN View Post
I'd also like to see the FC3 version.
Yeah, and other people would too I guess. Since it is not yet determined if FC3 modules will receive any development (outside of bug fixes I understood), we are yet to see if FC3 will be phased out as a DCS product in favour of Modern Air Combat game or if further developed or in fact expanded.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #15
AeriaGloria

Well we are getting standalone J-11A with MFI-55 eventually, so I guess there’s hope, along with MAC
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #16
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Trev View Post
In line responses below:
Yeah but how do explain the mi24 then? Its still in service. Yes its old. But most folks are realistically asking for "old" soviet era stuff. Also Raz is doing the mig23, external developer, external mig. My personal theory is that they have an "in" with the various russian helo manufacturers, and for whatever reason, they pissed of shukoi and/or mig making it a no-go.

Moreover, no one is gonna get their hands on some "modern" mig or sukhoi because they are still basically frontline fighters "somewhere". The only reason I think the mi29 is doable is because a) its old, b) its widely exported so someone somewhere can get their hands on one.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #17
rrohde
Veteran

If Deka Ironworks can do a modern 4th-gen fighter with their JF-17, a third party developer with equal talent could do an export variant of a modernized Mig-29 as well. Just saying...

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #18
razo+r
Veteran

Not if Putin doesn't want someone to do it.
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #19
CarbonFox

I wouldn't raise hopes on a Fullback as much as I'd love to see it happen. Never understood why the RU government is so tight lipped with even older gen aircraft like the Su-24M, MiG-27 and 23MLD. As has been pointed out, the MiG-29A and probably the S has been examined and studied by pretty much every country in NATO. There is nothing hidden anymore. It's practically the same with the Su-27S.
CarbonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #20
pepin1234

They can. They don’t want to do it. Any FC3 level aircraft is not a problem. Some games companies already simulate Russian aircrafts with name, weapons and everything that show they are making a Su-34. Very suspected that here they said they can’t make modern Russian full simulated aircraft and at the same time they say they will not make new FC3 level aircrafts.

So they said they can’t because Russians bla bla bla and at the same time they close the door with the only option to bring modern Russian aircrafts as FC3 level.

go to the daycare with this story...