Nick Grey - thank you very much sir

Gierasimov

Here you go

Where is the original post... that caused NG to respond. I can't find it.

https://www.reddit.com/user/NSSGrey

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I guess I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, truly joining the DCS world with the EA Hornet last year.

I assumed that staff would be working on multiple things, and that the hornet would take years to be "fully" complete. Honestly, looked at it more of it will never truly be complete, as there will always be minor changes made, but even major systems will take time.

So hearing that some devs were moved to viper to help get it out, and knowing that the viper and F-18 share many similarities code wise...not at all a surprise, or even appointment.

Do I want TWS? Yes, very much. Do I want AG Radar? Oh YES! more Targeting Pod stuff? certainly!

Have I finished learning everything that's already IN the hornet, and am I able to use it effectively in all situations? Absolutely not. GPS Munitions with the targeting pod elude me. My landings are still far from perfect. I can't even AA Refuel properly yet... sooo much to learn. Not worried that it will all get done.

I have re-thought my attitude concerning EA towards ED.

Honesty is a rare good and putting the cards on the table like he did made me rethink in favor for ED.

I still think EA, Alpha and Beta releases are a bad thing elsewhere but not in our case.

With highest respect

Lars "BitMaster"

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Still, a roadmap laying out a vision of where DCS will be going from here over the next 10 years or so would really be something! From what i have seen over the last six months or so, a couple of heavy wheights from back in the day are coming back to the flight sim market (FS 2020 and something from Micropose) and their new tech atm sure looks enticing. And at this point we have no real idea where DCS is going and whether the general world fidelity, graphically and simulationwise, will be able to compete.

• 3 months later...

Nick Grey statement - November 2019

Hi there !

I came accross this reddit message submitted by Nick Grey a few months ago and I am surprised by the number of programmers/coders actually working for ED (125). Could this be a mistake and all the others branch of development workers being included in this number ?

If this is, indeed, the amount of coders working for ED, this is really impressive to say the least.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Hmmm, I do find it a little hard to believe that there are 125 coders working on DCS. I’ve worked with studios ranging from 50 to 500, so would think we’d see more progress than of late based on the output of the folks I worked with. It seems more likely that this number includes all the module teams. Or perhaps ED has been expanding rapidly recently so they can deliver on the large workload their roadmap is aiming for? Or maybe I’m totally wrong and DCS is a far, far more complex piece of software than even AAA games. I hope it’s the rapid expansion reason ;)

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• ED Team
Hmmm, I do find it a little hard to believe that there are 125 coders working on DCS. I’ve worked with studios ranging from 50 to 500, so would think we’d see more progress than of late based on the output of the folks I worked with. It seems more likely that this number includes all the module teams. Or perhaps ED has been expanding rapidly recently so they can deliver on the large workload their roadmap is aiming for? Or maybe I’m totally wrong and DCS is a far, far more complex piece of software than even AAA games. I hope it’s the rapid expansion reason ;)

To be clear that is 125 employees including coders, artists, designers, administrators, IT, and so on.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FWIW, there has been a huge jump in releases in the last two years. It seems like we were waiting forever for FA18, F14, and not we have super carrier, new maps, F16s etc. With Hind and Cobra, and OH58 on the horizon.

Good time to be a DCS player.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1