Modifiers/Comms menu issue with TM Cougar - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Home Fries

Default Modifiers/Comms menu issue with TM Cougar

I am in the process of developing my FC3 profile, but I am trying to do it all within DCS (as opposed to Foxy) so that I don't need to load a profile before running DCS World.

To this end, I have assigned the S3 "pinky button" and the two "active" buttons of the 3 position dogfight switch as modifiers. With S3 this isn't an issue since I hold it momentarily. The problem arises when using the dogfight switch as a modifier, since the switch remains on in 2 of 3 states.

I have it set so that in the up position, the TMS does the WVR radar modes (bore/vs/longitudinal) and in the down position it does the BVR commands (RWS/TWS toggle, bug and drop target, etc.) The neutral position has no button assigned and thus no modifier.

So here's the problem:
Since I can be expected to spend a lot of air combat time with one of the modifiers active for the duration, this prevents me from using the Function keys in the communications menu. Since AFAIK, the F keys cannot be updated in the options menu, I can't assign them to work with the modifiers as well as without. Is there any way to make the F-keys independent of modifiers, or manually input the modifier compatibility into the lua file?

Last edited by Home Fries; 11-09-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Tags
cougar, function keys, hotas, modifier