Manual While Training

BuzzU

Thanks for the info, but not exactly what I was asking. I'll check out those manuals.

I'm talking about bringing up the manual while i'm in the cockpit flying. I've seen Bunnyap do this when he trying a new plane to him on his videos.

Buzz

I think there's a way to load stuff like this into the kneeboard, if I'm not mistaken. Or, you could load it into either a laptop or smartphone (which is what I've been doing).

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.

Ok, at 75 my memory is not what it used to be. The F/A-18 is quite a challenge for me. I see in some Youtube videos that they bring up the manual while flying.

That should be the "Kneeboard" .. you can set the keys for using it on OPTIONS -> CONTROLS ... the standard keys are:

Kneeboard_ON/OFF = {RSHF k}

Kneeboard_Next_Page = ]

Kneeboard_Previous_Page = [

Kneeboard_current_position_mark_point = {RCTL k}

Kneeboard_glance_view = {k}

it looks like this:

MmjJh87.jpg

There is a default content for the Kneeboard, but you can add to it by putting images on the folder /saved games/DCS/kneeboard/{aircraft} ... like this:

EGmWjn7.jpg

You can use images on JPG, PNG and probably other formats.

There is a Useful Tool, programmed by a Forum Member, that converts PDF files into PNG images and puts those into the above folder, you can get it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341

The utility is a bit old and some of its options dont work (at least for me), like the customization of the kneeboard screen placement or its size; but its useful nonetheless.

... will it work for any manual like Chucks?

Chuck's guides are in landscape format, so they dont lend themselves well for the Kneeboard ... those are better off placed on a Tablet or iPad that you can have nearby when flying (like airliners pilots do) ... unless you fly VR :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Do you have two screens? In those videos, what you are likely seeing is the user using video software to bring in two screen into one for the video.

You can create a kneeboard with pages from the manual, and open the kneeboard in the jet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341&highlight=kneeboard

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP