Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

In fantasy land I'd like to see DCS Westland Whirlwind with a decent sized Channel map. I think even blueprints are difficult for the Whirly though :(

There is a team that is doing it's best to rebuild a Crikey

http://www.whirlwindfighterproject.org/

Such a shame that there are none flying or even any existing at all, the Whirlwind has been my favourite WW2 aircraft since I was about 10 ... about 48 years ago!

My Father served at RAF Tangmere where they flew them from, and even the museum there only had bits of one the last time I visited.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a team that is doing it's best to rebuild a Crikey

http://www.whirlwindfighterproject.org/

Such a shame that there are none flying or even any existing at all, the Whirlwind has been my favourite WW2 aircraft since I was about 10 ... about 48 years ago!

My Father served at RAF Tangmere where they flew them from, and even the museum there only had bits of one the last time I visited.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on that project, will be interesting to see how that develops.

Info for that plane is just so hard to come by, plus I have no idea how popular it would be being brutally honest.

Pman

It has taken me a bit to catch up on these threads. This is awesome news guys! Bravo with the communications. Keep this up and establish an SOP for DCS WWII community relations. It may inspire others.

SIDE NOTE: Ells, how the heck are you going to divide your time between this and SC? We need to find a way to increase the number of hours in one day.

Thanks for the support, as for SC don't talk about it! Everytime Chris and I meet for coffee it gets hotly debated lol...

But our ambition is do the absolute best we can do and take our supporters along for the ride.

End of the day we are pilots too and want to fly amazing aircraft!

Pman

Thanks for the support, as for SC don't talk about it! Everytime Chris and I meet for coffee it gets hotly debated lol...

But our ambition is do the absolute best we can do and take our supporters along for the ride.

End of the day we are pilots too and want to fly amazing aircraft!

Pman

hellyeah.jpg

I have recently shifted my portfolio toward energy drink futures in preparation for the impending sim-pocalypse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

As for the others, remember these are only our first line releases ;)

Pman

You know, just a little side note, You're cool Pman! Same goes for Ells. You seem to have time for everybody, even those of us that aren't always clued up. That kind of interaction with the community you guys have and the fact that you always keep us in the loop no matter how trivial the news may be on any given day will no doubt go a long way to ensure VEAO are one of the most popular third party developers DCS has for a long time to come. Doesn't hurt that your products seem to be top notch also. So thank you. :thumbup:

Now how about a rear seat for that Eurofighter and a promise you'll put out a mosquito one day :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'd prefer more WW2 era planes, that's when they saw most combat. DCS Tempest V would be nice, DCS Mosquito, DCS Beaufighter with a Malta map

This sounds to me like the description of what the Valhalla of flight sims would look like.....

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on that project, will be interesting to see how that develops.

Info for that plane is just so hard to come by, plus I have no idea how popular it would be being brutally honest.

Pman

Its well known to anyone even casually interested in aviation though, and it has a large cool factor.

Although only 100 or so airframes were completed they saw a lot of action, frontline use from 1940 right through to late 1943.

You know, just a little side note, You're cool Pman! Same goes for Ells. You seem to have time for everybody, even those of us that aren't always clued up. That kind of interaction with the community you guys have and the fact that you always keep us in the loop no matter how trivial the news may be on any given day will no doubt go a long way to ensure VEAO are one of the most popular third party developers DCS has for a long time to come. Doesn't hurt that your products seem to be top notch also. So thank you. :thumbup:

Now how about a rear seat for that Eurofighter and a promise you'll put out a mosquito one day :music_whistling:

Hehe, I've said it before and I will again, Rule nothing out ;)

Cant say more than that at this time :D

Its well known to anyone even casually interested in aviation though, and it has a large cool factor.

Although only 100 or so airframes were completed they saw a lot of action, frontline use from 1940 right through to late 1943.

Hmm, I doubt I could show a picture of it at Duxford for example and more than 20% of people know what it is. Thats the problem.

Never say never, but its not in any of my current plans

Pman

Ya just need to know where to look and who to ask... I bet the people doing this project have some decent documentation to start with... and then the adventure begins ;)

I was reading their diary earlier and it appears they are having some made.

But its things like engine performance as well will be hard with zero engines having been run since 1947

Pman

I think the whirlwind guys went belly up, the link doesn't work nor do any other links to the site on google. Probably can't find the engine data so they promptly gave up

Works fine for me too, you do have to login to get access to most areas.

Just been going over the 3D modelling for making the replica engine, all I can say is WOW!

l31g.jpg

1nd.jpg

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

ok, now with the cease of RRG, i wish VEAO all the best to make their warbirds and future maps a success....i mean i already did before, but now i even more hope that you guys are going to stay, and that you guys are keeping on developing warbirds...now i might even buy the Buchon to show my full support! :)

all the best to you guys, may you go strong in future!

Did any of these warbirds operate in Europe 1944? Would you integrate them in DCS World, in 1944, or both? Will these come with a new map possibly? Thanks in advance.

We are looking at doing our own map yes, we expect our aircraft to be compatible with any DCS based product.

ok, now with the cease of RRG, i wish VEAO all the best to make their warbirds and future maps a success....i mean i already did before, but now i even more hope that you guys are going to stay, and that you guys are keeping on developing warbirds...now i might even buy the Buchon to show my full support! :)

all the best to you guys, may you go strong in future!

Oh don't worry about us I am beavering away in the background, hopefully I will have some stuff on p40 to show Inc some of our reference photos next week plus I'll be announcing which will be the second aircraft in the release order :)

As for other aircraft no announcements for the moment but all I will say is 4 isn't much of a collection ;)

Pman

There are no flying examples :(

Interestingly Wiki list four Tempest as been under restoration to fly! I didn't think there was more than one being restored.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit