DCS World: The new stuff

Grimes

All I've managed so far at Batumi is this.

[ATTACH]65214[/ATTACH]

Haven't managed to check the taxiways out yet. :D

Haha, that's what I did too. So I figured "Why not?" and bailed out onto the pavement. Which, I might add, is quite hilarious! My wife nearly fell over, she was laughing so hard when I did that! :lol:

No changes at Batumi as far as I can see.

Looks like you're right! I just fired up the Hawg and Batumi looks the same. I guess I need more sleep or something... I'll just go back to making dinner now.. :doh:

--NoJoe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warehouses are clearly still a WIP, however some of it is functioning! I was able to test somethings out and I might have a more clear picture of how the warehouses work.

Any aircraft that spawns at an airbase automatically removes whatever their payload and themself from the inventory at the base. If an aircraft spawns in with a payload that has run out, the aircraft will automatically spawn with whatever is available. I tested it with 5 A-10Cs, all loaded with 22 Mk-82 bombs with the 5th plane set to spawn in 10 seconds after mission start. 88 Bombs had been used (spawned) and the 5th plane spawned in with exactly 14 bombs. The math isn't perfect, however the 5th A-10 spawned with 2 TER's completely empty and 1 TER with a single bomb. Payload also wasn't 'balanced', but its AI so it doesn't really matter, however it could be an issue for client/player aircraft unable to specify their payload based on what is available. At least for the AI, once they land their assets are NOT added back into the inventory. Hopefully that's a WIP issue. Either way seeing it prevent the AI from taking their default loadout because the base ran out of bombs is very promising to see! :D

It would be nice to have the option to destroy those warehouses so you could stop your enemy from loading your planes. You could cut their supply chains.

In addition, as far as I can see, this new "world" will make things easier for the upcoming "Combined Arms", and with great features too.

It would be nice to have the option to destroy those warehouses so you could stop your enemy from loading your planes. You could cut their supply chains.

In addition, as far as I can see, this new "world" will make things easier for the upcoming "Combined Arms", and with great features too.

I believe that is the eventual implementation. ED has "high hopes" for the resource system, but it will take time for them to perfect it. What you see at the moment is a prelude of what is to come.

It's the foundation to a massive structure that will one day become a dynamic campaign.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The buildings in the map view of the editor is now very accurate to the actual building placement when in game !

It will be now easier to place an igla on a roof than with DCSA10 :music_whistling::thumbup:

That's great !

dcs_2012-05-02_16-16-55-37.thumb.jpg.25da1c49305ecaa79b1128dad4a4c8ed.jpg

launcher_2012-05-02_16-13-22-80.thumb.jpg.3ac45d85c51b0c599e40e25a5d9d045f.jpg

Edited by xjiks

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

A-10C has had those black static structures in place on the map since at least the last patch.

Ah.... ok well I didn't played with the latest A10C patch.... I thought it was new :music_whistling:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

I quickly loaded into DCS world to see how it looks like.

Interface is nice - clean, pretty and just good so far.

New explosion effects are better too - however I noticed such small Vikhr makes big explosion like Kh-25ML does. Shouldn't have explosions been scaled down\up regarding their warhead? I doubt Vikhr or rocket pod is able to make similar "boom" like Kh-29T can :)

HUD is unfortunately worse - same effect like in A-10C, where it is hard to read. In LO2 you have great, crystal HUD. Here I must stare at monitor quite close or just zoom in the cockpit.

I found firing Vikhrs without keeping big circle in the small circle has changed a bit. Now you must pay much more attention to it and just must keep big circle steadier - before I could fire it without worrying much the circle is either close to small circle or not. Don't know it is as it should be now, or before it was too easily.

Performance is in current beta moment not too good - I don't have slow PC but I am a bit worried about future optimizations. I set all highest as possible except antialiasing because for me more than 4x is meaningless. I had smooth flying, but it was just fast mission without other clients and so on...

Why can't I set Shkval to mouse? It was handy in LO2, perhaps some file digging is needed in the input folder :))

Flying the Su-25T was really pleasant time. In DCS world it is another story, I've been missing this plane since DCS Ka-50. Glad to see now it has place in DCS together.

That's all for now I observed in 15 min of flying :)

I use zoom in slow as needed for HUD but not needed much...not a deal breaker at this point

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Minor thing, but there's a new line in TheatresOfWar/aliases.cfg:

Caucasus = "Bazar/Terrain/terrain.cfg.lua"

--Myanmar = "U:/MYANMAR/TerrainMyanmar/terrain.cfg.lua"

:)

I'm supriesed noone has recognized you on your find.. It could mean nothing but I bet it means something

Edited by KillarZ

This also means you can design single player missions with multiple aircraft (even of different types) and provide the player with a variety of scenarios to fly, such as take part in different flights within the same mission.

And choose which side to fight on.

Oh. My. Goodness! Wow, think of the possibilities! :thumbup:

The buildings in the map view of the editor is now very accurate to the actual building placement when in game !

It will be now easier to place an igla on a roof than with DCSA10 :music_whistling::thumbup:

That's great !

Big big plus this, in the past it was a hit and miss/retry affair placing units in open areas or exactly where you wanted. This is big up for me.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

I can't believe I had gone a week without noticing this! Allows you to rearm to a customized payload within the mission.

Screen_120507_172041.jpg

Now only if we could choose a livery and tail number as we join a server... :D

• Like 3

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I can't believe I had gone a week without noticing this! Allows you to rearm to a customized payload within the mission.

Wow! totally missed that!

Thats why ground crew rearm didn't work for Su25!

How do you get this?

Finally able to take 240 flares in the A10C if there is IR SAM only...

EDIT:

A quick look in the general key command list is enough :) - Show Mission Resource Management Window - LAlt + '

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

This has been covered elsewhere, but if you are compiling it, notice the new "role" in mission editor single player called "Client" which allows you to pick a non modelled plane and get an SU-25t cockpit. You get a choice window if you haven't defined your aircraft specifically and pretty sure this is linked to the jumping between aircraft hotkey.

client.jpg.6fc86ecbde423d592b2845d621f7c1d1.jpg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

don';t let my awesome cropping of two screens confuse you - back picture is what you get when launching a mission with no playable aircraft selected as "Player", you click on the aircraft and go straght to it. The interface snippet below is from the plane selection in mission editor.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thanks ED for listening and putting a custom rearm back in the mission. Does it work in MP? Can it be restricted?

Same questions here. :) Would be awesome.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ED for listening and putting a custom rearm back in the mission. Does it work in MP? Can it be restricted?

Yep, works online. And I guess whether it can be restricted or not depends on how the resource system works. At present the resource system looks like the basics are implemented in that resources (aircraft and munitions) are all shared between everything that spawns at an airbase.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Screen_120507_172041.jpg

How do this work on Singleplayer? i made Instant Action with Rampstart, but i can't open that window, what must i do? :helpsmilie: