F-86 vs MIG servers?

Reflected

I've been modifying some WWII missions for Korea era. Are you interested in pure PvP dogfight or objective based missions?

I'd like to get a consensus so I know how to style the missions.

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

HOTAS: Saitek AV8R-01, Saitek X-55 Throttle

I almost asked this the other day, it's why my f-86 has not been used as much as it should. I've seen enough people on various servers with one, the other or both modules so I think there would be enough people.

For me, I'm interested in a mix of ground and pvp. I'm happy plinking ground targets as getting into the mix.

Georgian Spring 67.193.98.17410308

Still in testing, given all of the changes that have taken place recently, but now that the Open Beta and Release versions are on the same version, most scripts and tools have sorted themselves out so back online.

The NATO forces are almost finished, Warsaw Pact are next but the basics are there.

It uses DAWS Save Mission script by Chromium to save the status when it ends and restarts, moving to the next day and preventing night missions. If it is dark, the sun is about to come up or the mission is about to end.

It also utilizes Cribob's CSAR script - If you are shot down and eject, a CSAR Helo needs to be dispatched to rescue your pilot or the slot will remain blocked.

Also from Cribob is CLDT - transport troops and equipment to the front to win the ground war.

GCICAP Originally created by Snafu and then further enhanced by Stonehouse, Chameleon Silk, Rivvern. Rewritten and now maintained by lukrop plays a vital role in this server. NATO and the Warsaw Pact face each other across the mountains of the Caucuses with standing CAP on each side. If their airspace is violated they will send up interceptors if the CAP is too far away, or can not deal with it.

The server is intended to be a sandbox for squadrons to play in with an emphasis on teamwork and achieving tactical goals that will further each sides operational plan to drive the other out.

NATO Sabres can contact Overlord, the NATO AWACS to get the picture and will be directed to the nearest bogey that violates Georgian airspace. Warsaw Pact Migs can contact the EWR operators for direction to intercept contacts.

4th FIW and 51st FIW USAF skins by BoNidl, 1 (F) Wing RCAF skins and RAF skins by Jocko417 make for a colourful and immersive environment

Standby for further developments

Edited by 71st_AH Rob
  • Like 1

I've been modifying some WWII missions for Korea era. Are you interested in pure PvP dogfight or objective based missions?

I'd like to get a consensus so I know how to style the missions.

I'd say PvP is the best way to go for a public server. But I think a good PvP server would cater to AG players as well. There was a mission on the Burning Skies WWII server that did this perfectly:

* PvP only, no AI fighters

* Soft ground targets (buildings, trucks, nothing that fires back)

* "Medium" distance to bullseye

* Air defenses at each base

The soft ground targets give you a general mission objective and sense of purpose, but won't interfere by shooting your wing off just when you're in the middle of a great PvP fight. It also gives you something to do (practice AG skills) while waiting for the server to fill up.

Distance between Red and Blue airfields should be right in the sweetspot-- far enough to prevent furballs over the runways or easy escapes. But not so far that people get bored. The ACG server is a tad too close; Burning Skies had it about right, IIRC.

There should be AAA over each airfield of course, to effectively discourage vulching without having to ban it outright.

And no AI fighters, simply because they are more of a distraction than anything else.

That's all just my own personal opinion of course. Give me a shout anytime on Steam if you need any mission testers. I've been itching for a chance to take out the Sabre in MP again.

I'd say PvP is the best way to go for a public server. But I think a good PvP server would cater to AG players as well. There was a mission on the Burning Skies WWII server that did this perfectly:

* PvP only, no AI fighters

* Soft ground targets (buildings, trucks, nothing that fires back)

* "Medium" distance to bullseye

* Air defenses at each base

The soft ground targets give you a general mission objective and sense of purpose, but won't interfere by shooting your wing off just when you're in the middle of a great PvP fight. It also gives you something to do (practice AG skills) while waiting for the server to fill up.

Distance between Red and Blue airfields should be right in the sweetspot-- far enough to prevent furballs over the runways or easy escapes. But not so far that people get bored. The ACG server is a tad too close; Burning Skies had it about right, IIRC.

There should be AAA over each airfield of course, to effectively discourage vulching without having to ban it outright.

And no AI fighters, simply because they are more of a distraction than anything else.

That's all just my own personal opinion of course. Give me a shout anytime on Steam if you need any mission testers. I've been itching for a chance to take out the Sabre in MP again.

I almost fully agree.

However, I would advocate the use of AI fighters. It's not easy to populate a server. Once there are 2-3 players already it goes more easily, but often it gets stuck at 2-3. What do you think those 2-3 players should do until more players arrive? I think the ACG WW2 server does this perfectly. It has AI targets circling the bulls eye, without much interference with the mission.

Georgian Spring 67.193.98.17410308

Still in testing, given all of the changes that have taken place recently, but now that the Open Beta and Release versions are on the same version, most scripts and tools have sorted themselves out so back online.

The NATO forces are almost finished, Warsaw Pact are next but the basics are there.

It uses DAWS Save Mission script by Chromium to save the status when it ends and restarts, moving to the next day and preventing night missions. If it is dark, the sun is about to come up or the mission is about to end.

It also utilizes Cribob's CSAR script - If you are shot down and eject, a CSAR Helo needs to be dispatched to rescue your pilot or the slot will remain blocked.

Also from Cribob is CLDT - transport troops and equipment to the front to win the ground war.

GCICAP Originally created by Snafu and then further enhanced by Stonehouse, Chameleon Silk, Rivvern. Rewritten and now maintained by lukrop plays a vital role in this server. NATO and the Warsaw Pact face each other across the mountains of the Caucuses with standing CAP on each side. If their airspace is violated they will send up interceptors if the CAP is too far away, or can not deal with it.

The server is intended to be a sandbox for squadrons to play in with an emphasis on teamwork and achieving tactical goals that will further each sides operational plan to drive the other out.

NATO Sabres can contact Overlord, the NATO AWACS to get the picture and will be directed to the nearest bogey that violates Georgian airspace. Warsaw Pact Migs can contact the EWR operators for direction to intercept contacts.

4th FIW and 51st FIW USAF skins by BoNidl, 1 (F) Wing RCAF skins and RAF skins by Jocko417 make for a colourful and immersive environment

Standby for further developments

Nice one Rob, this looks good. I fly the Mig-15, so would like to fly on your server when I can. I am looking for an English speaking Mig-15 group to fly with, but no joy :(

I will keep a lookout for your server.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Georgian Spring is back up and running in testing mode. Persistence is not turned on yet but most other features are working - GCI is giving trouble but expected to be rectified soon.

I just need to try and find some other Mig-15 fans to fly with.

I think Meyer and his lot are flying the Mig, if you hook up with them as an added bonus you may pick up some SoW Intel.

Great! I just need to try and find some other Mig-15 fans to fly with. Happy to do some lone wolf stuff though, LOL.

Happy landings,

Talisman

You got me that's for sure! Hit me up anytime on steam (name is "TheFurNinja" there too) whenever you guys are flying. I am always pumped for those old school gunfights!

In-Game Handle: Lutrafisk

She/Her

just tried to join, is there a password i missed?

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Georgian Spring is back up and running in testing mode. Persistence is not turned on yet but most other features are working - GCI is giving trouble but expected to be rectified soon.

I think Meyer and his lot are flying the Mig, if you hook up with them as an added bonus you may pick up some SoW Intel.

Do i have to have these skin loaded to see them they all look usaf?

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Sorry guys, I was away most of the weekend. Server is up and stable right now. Updates coming this week to help AI CAP flights and intercept flights, more CSAR helicopters for Warsaw Pact and NATO 4 FIW will get orders to move a bit.

If you are faced with a black screen, be patient, your computer is downloading the information it needs the first time you join the mission. If there are updates, it will synch and you will experience a small delay.

To see skins you must have them downloaded and installed correctly, I will post clear instructions this evening EDT, after I'm home from work and get some work done around the house now that it is daylight when I get home.

Thx Rob looking forward to flying on your server. Actually already have flown on it, nice work!

Sorry guys, I was away most of the weekend. Server is up and stable right now. Updates coming this week to help AI CAP flights and intercept flights, more CSAR helicopters for Warsaw Pact and NATO 4 FIW will get orders to move a bit.

If you are faced with a black screen, be patient, your computer is downloading the information it needs the first time you join the mission. If there are updates, it will synch and you will experience a small delay.

To see skins you must have them downloaded and installed correctly, I will post clear instructions this evening EDT, after I'm home from work and get some work done around the house now that it is daylight when I get home.

Hi Rob,

I am not sure how popular flying in the dark is, but I spawned in and immediately left the server recently because flying at night is not attractive to me for a Korean scenario in the Mig-15. I hope that the server will not be running for hours and hours in the dark :(

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

You got me that's for sure! Hit me up anytime on steam (name is "TheFurNinja" there too) whenever you guys are flying. I am always pumped for those old school gunfights!

Nice one Rob, this looks good. I fly the Mig-15, so would like to fly on your server when I can. I am looking for an English speaking Mig-15 group to fly with, but no joy sad.gif

I will keep a lookout for your server.

Happy landings,

Talisman

hey guys i fly mig 15 (well did, havent been on few months because of school work) but ill go up with you guys, be cool to get a group of english speaking mig 15 pilots

fur ill text you on steam later, my steam is zandalf

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

Thx Rob looking forward to flying on your server. Actually already have flown on it, nice work!

Pipe, glad you like it! Have been away the last week or so and have not seen you on.

Did you download the Cougars skins that Jocko made? There are some issues since last update and if you drop him a line maybe we can get him working on an update.

Anyone else you know want to fly 410 Sqn? We could start a recruitment drive for it.