First day buy anyone?

TimeKilla

True, ED should make some official polls with their customers, something like "which plane/heli you guys prefer?"

I think ED has nothing to do on the Belsimtek project develop process.

Also, ED should put more effort on modules that REALLY makes easy money like the F/A-18C and others.

source: ED/TFC newsletter, Mar 28th

"3 - While we continue to update several of our existing aircraft like the F-15C, Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29, the team is also hard at work on new aircraft including the Fw-190 and F/A-18C Hornet."

Wags change your avatar to the F-86F

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another lost plane without a proper competitor

I'll remember to be bored with this "lost" plane when it's released then, because you said so...

True, ED should make some official polls with their customers, something like "which plane/heli you guys prefer?" Also, ED should put more effort on modules that REALLY makes easy money like the F/A-18C and others.

Forum polls; Totally how running a successful business works. Also, this is a BST product.

Edited by Scrim

I'll remember to be bored with this "lost" plane when it's released then, because you said so...

Forum polls; Totally how running a successful business works. Also, this is a BST product.

Not when it's released. But think about me 3 months later.

When you flew a few hours in a Korean-Era plane against late 80s AI enemies or a Stang.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Pffft ... IT HAS A HOLE IN THE MIDDLE, IT IS HOLLOW! ... :o)

And from this we can deduce Flagrum does have a soul...it is a doughnut.

And now to be vaguely on topic, I just don't quite get the excitement around the Sabre. It just seems a bit of a "meh" plane to me. So probably no, not first day buy.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Will definitely be picking this one up, day one purchase. Always thought she was a nice looking aircraft.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

And now to be vaguely on topic, I just don't quite get the excitement around the Sabre. It just seems a bit of a "meh" plane to me. So probably no, not first day buy.

It does have other kind of appeal to me anyway.

So while ultra-modern planes have all the avionics and high-tech things, older early jets are interesting where you don't have all the extra components but more "direct" connection with how machine handles. Plus you are always "on the edge" where you over-push it beyond the envelope to limits of that era.

It might not be much in combat against Su-27 for example, but flying that is interesting by itself already.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

I understand where people are coming from when planes are made that don't suit their style of play, but saying they have no purpose makes no sense. How about using the Sabre's to fight off Ka-50s. Intercept Mi-8s or Hueys doing troop drops? Sabres vs. Sabres. 5 Sabre's Against 4 Mig 21s... Endless.

• ED Team

I'm a helo-guy through and through, but I'll probably buy the F-86 as soon as it's released as well. AH-1 is still the one I'm anticipating the most though (especially after the Huey and Eight).

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I'm definitely immediately buying any module that comes out, even if it's just to support the developer. However, I hope I have the funds when the time comes. I'm still a student and thus I'm low on money a lot of times...

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Instant buy here, too. I just kinda hope it´s released before June 6th when then costumer boni become invalid. Haven´t had a chance to buy anything new after they were introduced.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I just hope it´s released before June 6th when then costumer boni become invalid.

Seems rather unlikely, in the next nine days, wouldn't you say?

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

waiting for MP cockpits before purchasing anything else.

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

So you won't add it to your ........ Collection then......

Collective collection.... Can you see what I did there.... :lol:

Lol, I will actually buy this module, as soon as I possibly can. My only fear is not having the time to do it justice, especially as there is still an untapped wealth of details yet to be discovered with the Hip and huey to a lesser extent. And I really like the look of the MIG 21 and the hawk is on my list and I have also just started delving into the SU 25T and have only logged 30 minutes in a P51. Oh and its also tourist season and our B&B is fully booked till July 23 ATM.

Not enough time:doh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]