F-15 engine sound afterburner bangs

hazzer

Hi, when in afterburner every throttle movement creates a loud annoying bang in external and internal view. I'm sure the f-15 doesn't actually do this so is there a way to remove the sound?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Sounds like your small throttle movements are actually taking the engines in and out of afterburner. Pretty sure there would be a significant sound in the real thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but just joined the forum and trollinf thru the old posts. Worked 15s for 11 years and been around them and in the back seat during numerous burner maintenance runs. From the cockpit you don't hear anything, but you do feel a little thump in the seat. They probably modeled the game to provide some sort of feedback. Now standing near the back of the jet during an afterburner run is totally different. You definitely can FEEL each stage of afterburner. It's not a bang but more of a percussion that you feel head to toe. Kind of hard to explain that feeling....but very impressive.

Its an audio setting that can be eazily altered to whatever you want or to no effects at all , ive turned mine into the actuator sound for the turkey feathers.

Cheers

Jafa

Yeah but it should be changed as it is incorrect

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

+1

at least it doesn't come with audible cockpit switches like some modules... I don't get the idea to put imaginary sound as an excuse for lost "feeling".

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

This is a GAME not a sim.

Jafa.

Well the game has incorrect sounds?

You have made sounds before for the spitfire and p51? I loved them as they are more accurate

I actually think it should not.

In the real fighter you can feel it through your body, like a "bass kick" in your back, plus the extra acceleration. In the game you obviously can't replicate such feeling so there needs to be a "workaround" for it. The subtle sound is a pretty functional way of simulating what you would feel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

To each their own. I don't feel like having fictional sound "workarounds" have any place in a study sim. It's not Hollywood.

Then you should only use DCS with a full motion cockpit because mouse inputs instead of physical interaction along with the absence of actual motion feedback.

Being too much on the "purist side" only deters from the overall experience

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850