Hawaiian Islands Map!!!

JerichoSainte

Hey ED and all,

This comes from my old siming days with Hornet 3.0, but I would LOVE to see a Hawaiian Islands map for DCS. To me it seems like the perfect sim paradise, awesome terrain, big city, heaps of airfields. You could even set up a sweet test/training range on one of the islands.

Man I would love to see this map, please leave a comment if you feel the same and show your support.

I'm kinda hoping this may already be on the cards?!

Thanks for your consideration, love the game a lot, and keep up the awesome work!

Regards

Jeri

Maybe a 1941 Hawai map could be developed , just prior December 7th . A quite good scenery for Japaneese Carriers deployment and US naval forces, yeah , a high fidelity Yorktown class could be modeled in conjunction with the SBD Dauntles, Wilcat and Hellcat.

About a modern Hawai setup, I dont know what is the point actually , maybe a RIMPAC simulation ?

Maybe a 1941 Hawai map could be developed , just prior December 7th . A quite good scenery for Japaneese Carriers deployment and US naval forces, yeah , a high fidelity Yorktown class could be modeled in conjunction with the SBD Dauntles, Wilcat and Hellcat.

About a modern Hawai setup, I dont know what is the point actually , maybe a RIMPAC simulation ?

Disagree, it would pointless developing a map that would only be suited to to a few of historical fighters. The needs on modern fighters, which are available in the game, would not be met in this instance. Although you could set up a historical mission within a modern map no worries.

I don't see why a map has to be built for a specific theatre of war and DCS is built around many different aircraft from different time periods. That's the beauty of the mission editor, you can make you own experience within it.

A RIMPAC sim would be inclusive of the islands anyway, so your kinda contradicting yourself there...

Dude!!! Hornet 3.0 was probably the most intense experience I ever had in flight sims. I remember it was the first to actually have weapons release. Then came Hornet Korea with color and everything. lol. Great times. Had my own squadron back then. Started a ladder system for other squads. It was awesome.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Apart from the 1941 scenario, I don't think it really fits in too well. It would be nice to fly around the scenery in a Cessna but not for modern combat. Given the units we have, I'd rather have a Korea map with Red (MIG-21, MIG-29, SU-25 etc) vs Blue (new F-16, Hornet, A-10, etc) or somewhere like the Baltic states where we could simulate a Russian invasion, air policing or a Sweden scenario with the Viggen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apart from the 1941 scenario, I don't think it really fits in too well. It would be nice to fly around the scenery in a Cessna but not for modern combat. Given the units we have, I'd rather have a Korea map with Red (MIG-21, MIG-29, SU-25 etc) vs Blue (new F-16, Hornet, A-10, etc) or somewhere like the Baltic states where we could simulate a Russian invasion, air policing or a Sweden scenario with the Viggen.

I hate to say this but I'm willing to bet we see more and more civilian aircraft coming to DCS. There is no denying the income it produces.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Disagree, it would pointless developing a map that would only be suited to to a few of historical fighters. The needs on modern fighters, which are available in the game, would not be met in this instance. Although you could set up a historical mission within a modern map no worries.

I don't see why a map has to be built for a specific theatre of war and DCS is built around many different aircraft from different time periods. That's the beauty of the mission editor, you can make you own experience within it.

A RIMPAC sim would be inclusive of the islands anyway, so your kinda contradicting yourself there...

Although it would be nice to fly around the beautiful tropical scenery, such a map would realistically have a better chance of being made to the 1940's era theater. But until the F4U corsair and some sort of Japanese warbirds gets added to DCS there wont be an incentive or much of a push to do it.

if you want tropical islands why hawai? you could choose the bahamas islands with near cuba and also the florida so you could simulate the period of cold war between the Cuban communists supported by the russia and the U.S.A. neocolognilists and consumerists.