I'm happy now I have purchased F-86

ivo

I really like the Sabre! She is outstanding. What a beauty, inside the cockpit and outside the cockpit. I think I like her best without any weapons cluttering her wonderfully swept wings, though she looks sharp with fuel tanks and Sidewinders, too.

She doesn't need missiles, that is for sure. The K-4 and six guns make a great team. The Sabre is agile and fast. She is a real nimble and capable predator of bomber interceptor prey.

The Sidewinder is pleasantly ineffective, as I imagined it would be. In six attempts at downing Mig-15bis fighters with a sidewinder, I have zero air kills. I think the Sidewinder may be a pretty good weapon to use on a transport plane, bomber, or any airplane flying in a, more or less, straight line, maneuvering Mig killer, it is not. Still, it is worth while to shoot a Sidewinder at a Mig, if only to see one of the zillion ways that missile can fail to come into contact with a Mig.

All and all, I am greatly impressed with the Sabre. I have no regrets. She is definitely worth having. I will enjoy her for years to come. Thanks to the team for creating this wonderful add-on. -MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

Woot! I'm a happy owner too... just finished the download. Now need to get acquainted with this bird. thanks to the Dev's!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm also glad to have it and very glad the smoke doesn't look like the P-51's. It still hurts my FPS though, but I can use it as an excuse for why I can't hit the MiG until they fix it.

The 86 is pretty big step up from the P-51 too. I expected it to be easier to fly since it's a jet, but I'm not really having any issue overflying it like I did the P-51 when I first got it. If anything I might be being too conservative.

First landing successfuljoystick.gif

Mine was too. I thought I was going to break something, but apparently the Sabre's gear is pretty strong. I was falling like a brick.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It's great how they released it on Saturday New Zealand time!!!!

Yes, excellent. I was expecting to wait until Sunday here in AU. Glad to see ED knows where the international date line is. Downloaded at 0400 hr Saturday morning. :thumbup:

Update speed was awesome too. On an DCSW update I normally get a download speed of ~150-300 KB/s. This morning it maxed out my download bandwidth at 1.2 MB/s. That will be great for when we have to download the Nevada map.

Edited by Phantom453

Mine was too. I thought I was going to break something, but apparently the Sabre's gear is pretty strong. I was falling like a brick.

Was it better than mine? I came in steep, quick and managed to lose control of the beauty trying to slow down, leading to it sliding around 180 degrees, almost perfectly lining up for a take off :megalol:

I have to concede to that, I'm still waiting for my Sabre moment of awesome. The closest thing I've had to one so far is crossing in front of the MiG-15 for .00000001 seconds and being taken out by a single cannon shell. That's when I decided to try the GAR-8's lol

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files