"ARGO" DCS UH-1H SP Campaign - Upcoming DLC

gregzagk

Just wondering if this is something for me or not. I really like the Huey and I'd like to have some new missions. But I'm not sure if my skills are good enough for it. I was able to complete the "original" campaign as well as the unofficial "Bay of Hogs". So with that said, I can do the "basics" in the Huey - BUT I never managed to hook up any cargo (sling loading) so far. Aside from the skills, I also simply think the TM stick isn't very accurate when it comes down to very small/sensitive movements which makes hover even more difficult.

From the video and according to the name, it might have many cargo hook missions? So as long as I can't do this task, I might be lost with that new campaign? Well, if they're not bound to a time limit, I might anyway give it a try.

Edited by rge75

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if this is something for me or not. I really like the Huey and I'd like to have some new missions. But I'm not sure if my skills are good enough for it. I was able to complete the "original" campaign as well as the unofficial "Bay of Hogs". So with that said, I can do the "basics" in the Huey - BUT I never managed to hook up any cargo (sling loading) so far. Aside from the skills, I also simply think the TM stick isn't very accurate when it comes down to very small/sensitive movements which makes hover even more difficult.

From the video and according to the name, it might have many cargo hook missions? So as long as I can't do this task, I might be lost with that new campaign? Well, if they're not bound to a time limit, I might anyway give it a try.

You are right. The campaign can be demanding at some points but not impossible. Cargos/ Sling loading operations are present in some missions but not all the time.

From my perspective this will help you master the huey as you will get motivated to improve your skills and that's probable the main reason of flying a campaign.

There was already a great campaign (UN Campaign) so "Argo's" goal is to get you deeper in the Huey's capabilities including sling load, hovering in various weather conditions etc.

As you already completed the default campaign you should be able to get through the missions. Maybe you will fail in the first trials but you should get rewarded in the end. :)

Have they fixed the issue yet where you unhook your cargo, but the helicopter still acts like its attached? (Not campaign specific, but if this campaign uses slingloading, it would be nice if it worked)

Didn't notice any issue like this during the testing so I guess it was fixed at some point.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

A fully loaded down Huey sling loading??? :doh:

The total weight and loadouts are calculated for each mission. You can check the details in the briefings. Nothing should be out of limits :)

Greg

The total weight and loadouts are calculated for each mission. You can check the details in the briefings. Nothing should be out of limits :)

Greg

Limits as in exhaust temps not in the yellow, below 600, in order to fly?

Limits as in exhaust temps not in the yellow, below 600, in order to fly?

Yes, during testing it didn't face any issue like dropping below ~610 due to payload which shall be the limit. Without wanting to spoil anything you may have to deal with various situations which you shall check stuff like that to avoid damage.

There shall be a dedicated thread for the campaign soon, in which you will be able to report any issues spotted.

Greg

Mission 1: I'm just mentioning this bit I've just seen and could confuse people.

If you happen to change UHF, you're told to tune back to 262 MHz, but I think it should be 260 MHz, and not at 262 MHz or it keeps giving this message every few seconds.

Similar issue with the search mission where you have to tune to 47 MHz FM. It keeps displaying the reminder even though it's correctly set.

There shall be a dedicated thread for the campaign soon, in which you will be able to report any issues spotted.

It seems to be customary with new campaigns ;)

By the way, does anyone else had this problem on the Huey when you use the cargo view (LALT + SHIFT + Q by default) and try to get back to the normal view, it's completely off and apparently not possible to get back to the pilot's position? Is there any trick to get around this?

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

By the way, does anyone else had this problem on the Huey when you use the cargo view (LALT + SHIFT + Q by default) and try to get back to the normal view, it's completely off and apparently not possible to get back to the pilot's position? ...

Yes. The same issue.

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

I should probably report that in the UH-1H bug forums instead :)

About the campaign, lot of fun so far :thumbup:

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Mission 1: I'm just mentioning this bit I've just seen and could confuse people.

If you happen to change UHF, you're told to tune back to 262 MHz, but I think it should be 260 MHz, and not at 262 MHz or it keeps giving this message every few seconds.

Similar issue with the search mission where you have to tune to 47 MHz FM. It keeps displaying the reminder even though it's correctly set.

It seems to be customary with new campaigns ;)

Thank you will check asap.

Greg

You are right. The campaign can be demanding at some points but not impossible. Cargos/ Sling loading operations are present in some missions but not all the time.

From my perspective this will help you master the huey as you will get motivated to improve your skills and that's probable the main reason of flying a campaign.

There was already a great campaign (UN Campaign) so "Argo's" goal is to get you deeper in the Huey's capabilities including sling load, hovering in various weather conditions etc.

As you already completed the default campaign you should be able to get through the missions. Maybe you will fail in the first trials but you should get rewarded in the end. :)

Greg

Thanks for your feedback. Well, most probably I'll get stuck but I think I'll anyway get it. I remember having tried quite some single mission (over and over again) with sling load but I always failed. But I suppose if I have paid for the campaign, I won't give up that easily ;-) Either way, thank you for creating a new campaign.

That's my main concern though (that it's too challenging to me). I'm really no "pro" and I'd call myself more a gamer than a simmer. I can land on the oil platform if the weather is fine. I was also able to land on a ship every now and then - but every now and then it ends in a nice fireball. So if it's too challenging, it might become too frustrating. Imagine finally having managed a mission after one hour in the 10 attempts to then crash at the final landing approach on the ship. So I'm far away from "master" the Huey. If there are things like landing on a ship during very bad weather, then there is most likely no way I'm gona be able to do this.

That's my main concern though (that it's too challenging to me). I'm really no "pro" and I'd call myself more a gamer than a simmer. I can land on the oil platform if the weather is fine. I was also able to land on a ship every now and then - but every now and then it ends in a nice fireball. So if it's too challenging, it might become too frustrating. Imagine finally having managed a mission after one hour in the 10 attempts to then crash at the final landing approach on the ship. So I'm far away from "master" the Huey. If there are things like landing on a ship during very bad weather, then there is most likely no way I'm gona be able to do this.

I think this could be a concern for anyone and for any campaign.

Don't worry, that comes with some practice, even if that's not immediate, and a campaign is the best incentive. For example, I'm far from good but improved a lot by doing the UN campaign coming with the Huey, even though it cost me some time with stupid crashes when landing badly at the end of a mission and other little frustrations like that ;) So now if I know there's something difficult ahead, I prefer to look for a training mission to brush up or improve the required skill - not to perfection but just enough, or I simply make a little mission for that and avoid ruining the campaign experience ... especially for long missions when the difficulty is not at the beginning.

This ARGO campaign seems somewhat forgiving, at least at the beginning. For example and without spoiling with details, you have to hover above a target for a little while. You don't have to be perfectly still for this to succeed, and you may proceed in iterative steps, so even if you're not mastering the helicopter you still have a chance. Not sure all missions are like that, though, but that seems to be the spirit.

• Like 1

Don't worry, that comes with some practice, even if that's not immediate, and a campaign is the best incentive.

I couldn't agree more!

I haven't started flying this campaign yet, but the UN Pilot campaign was a tremendous learning experience for me. It took me as a complete beginner and left me as a semi-experienced pilot. I'm still a greenhorn on some of the systems, and I'll probably have to brush up on my knowledge in some areas, but what better way than a campaign to do that?

hmmm getting activation error when trying to start this campaign

Are you using a mod like SweetFX or ReShade? They're known to cause such problems.

at first, i was very disappointed because labels, external views and map views are disabled. but for first 2 missions, i didin't need to see labels. because briefings and radio navigations, voiceovers were very sufficent. but of course i always liked to see other planes for eye candy.

at the end, if you want to play in that way, you can open it with mission editor and enable map views, external views and labels. tested and working.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hello to the creators :

Well, I´m not a newbie pilot now, but, I need the labels on the argo Huey Campaign. It is no possible to edit the missions, I think due to the protection, but It is possible to launch the module with the possibility to tun the labels ON/OFF. I´ve paid to can play...If I can´t play well (due to the limitations of any computer simulation)I think my money is bad wasted ;)

Of course you`re on the right way...... The campaign is superb, I`ll buy all the campaigns for the gazelle and for the huey...Keep the good working

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick