Quarterly Update Q3 2016

Honest words Ells !

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to the P-40 :joystick:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice update...thanks!

I like the "Very soon" for the P40!

So the Hawk will just get better...and dual cockpit controls! :thumbup:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thanks for the update, and explanation of what is happening with the Hawk. Just a couple of things that worry me...

And no, I'm not currently planning to charge for these updates.

This leaves changing your mind to charging an option.

P40 is currently main focus with the next module taking focus after that (I'll let you know what it is when P40 is out).

Surely after the P40 it'll be the Hawk?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Thanks for the update, and explanation of what is happening with the Hawk. Just a couple of things that worry me...

This leaves changing your mind to charging an option.

Surely after the P40 it'll be the Hawk?

The hawk is going to be aside from the main queue i think. From what i gained from it they will be developing their simulations as per queue but will be working on the hawk in tandem.

Already set to low and it does help quite a bit, but frame rate is still noticable lower than with other add-ons.

One of the reasons for the Re-texture also.

@DoctorStrop - I don't plan on charging for dual seat to existing purchasers; however currently Hawk base price sells for less than any other DCS module. When dual seat is here we will likely put the price up to match other modules to help cover the cost of development. Existing users will get the upgrade for free as part of a future patch.

Yes a seperate and new coding team is coming on board to do the re-code.

It won't affect any other module development.

Edited by Ells228

P40 has to pass ED standards. I think you are trying to create a sort of pressure hype about it. Maybe you will try to force some things if you have enough PSI. Personally, I appreciate the systems from DCS WW2 fighters but what I put in first place is the FM. If someone comes and tells me he has great models for Altimeter, Bank indicator, Engine RPM, and some super fuel flow mathematics but no FM... my interest is ZERO.

Good 3D model is standard now. F2P games have excelent P40 models.

Damage Model is planned to be developed for DCS so at the moment we can live without an advanced one.

But FM? That is mandatory especially if we want DCW World online multiplayer to really take off when Normandy map is released.

We simply can't afford to have an UFO WW2 fighter come into the arena and ruin the play and what 109/190/p51 have build with "signed off" FM by some celebrity that forgot to check if flaps or gear do something to it... just because people cheers how it goes hyper-sonic.

:thumbup:

I agree with this part. The airplane has not only look and sound authentic, it needs to have high standard FM. The FM is the most important here. Systems are small part of the experience. You learn them, you have to put up with them, but the real deal is in multiplayer. If the P-40 overperforms or underperforms in any area, it will have a huge impact on the whole WW2 DCS community. Not to mention, that it won't be a P-40 anymore.

I am not interested in buying it because it won't have a real enemy. The P-40F (1941-42) model was long obselete and many other models like the P-40N(1943) were developed which would fit the time line well. We have to remember that P-40F won't have a proper enemy for it. Except maybe if LN makes a A6M3 Zero, but for now we only know of the F4U-1D so... highly unlikely, as the A6M5 would be more appropriate.

I can only salute and wish best of luck to those that will choose to combat monsters like the Fw190D9 and Me109K4, not to mention Me262. :pilotfly:

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Recall MiG21's development was on a similar time table... why aren't they having issues with recoding their products? Or over-resolutioned textures, etc? Why is your module different from the others that were developed at or before T45?

What does it matter why it happened? Surely the main concern is that a plan is in place to fix it. Going down the blame game route is neither desirable, or acceptable surely? As for the over-res textures, were you not around when the MiG-21Bis first arrived? Frankly this whole matter is both beyond the remit of the forum, and utterly pointless.

Edited by NeilWillis
What does it matter why it happened? Surely the main concern is that a plan is in place to fix it. Going down the blame game route is neither desirable, or acceptable surely? As for the over-res textures, were you not around when the MiG-21Bis first arrived? Frankly this whole matter is both beyond the remit of the forum, and utterly pointless.

^^

Exactly this.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Recall MiG21's development was on a similar time table... why aren't they having issues with recoding their products? Or over-resolutioned textures, etc? Why is your module different from the others that were developed at or before T45?

I am afraid this is my opinion as well. I purchased the Hawk and it won't take off after a ramp start..won't budge a nats tail. Disappointed with the cockpit graphics but that's old ground. Overall, I am left wondering why the other developed aircraft don't have this problem or recoding etc. Basically I have to come down to the conclusion that the code was naff and not up to DCS standard, which is another way of saying the guy who is coding needs to be let go and a DCS standard computer coder hired.

Mizzy

• ED Team
I am afraid this is my opinion as well. I purchased the Hawk and it won't take off after a ramp start..won't budge a nats tail. Disappointed with the cockpit graphics but that's old ground. Overall, I am left wondering why the other developed aircraft don't have this problem or recoding etc. Basically I have to come down to the conclusion that the code was naff and not up to DCS standard, which is another way of saying the guy who is coding needs to be let go and a DCS standard computer coder hired.

Mizzy

Actually if you have followed along the development of the module you would know they did indeed have issues with some team members and I believe the person that did the cockpit coding did part ways with the team, I dont want to get into all that again, lets try and look forward and not keep kicking these guys when they are down. They know they have some work to do both in the Hawk and in peoples confidence, lets give them the chance to turn it around.

You are allowed to be unhappy, you can chose not to support them anymore, but lets atleast try and give them a chance to make things right. It appears they are working hard to do that.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Actually if you have followed along the development of the module you would know they did indeed have issues with some team members and I believe the person that did the cockpit coding did part ways with the team, I dont want to get into all that again, lets try and look forward and not keep kicking these guys when they are down. They know they have some work to do both in the Hawk and in peoples confidence, lets give them the chance to turn it around.

You are allowed to be unhappy, you can chose not to support them anymore, but lets atleast try and give them a chance to make things right. It appears they are working hard to do that.

Agreed, however can somebody tell me why the Hawk doesn't move after a ramp start ? OR is it me and user error ?

One of the reasons for the Re-texture also.

@DoctorStrop - I don't plan on charging for dual seat to existing purchasers; however currently Hawk base price sells for less than any other DCS module. When dual seat is here we will likely put the price up to match other modules to help cover the cost of development. Existing users will get the upgrade for free as part of a future patch.

Yes a seperate and new coding team is coming on board to do the re-code.

It won't affect any other module development.

Thanks for clarifying my concerns. Initially I assumed you mean't the redevelopment of the Hawk rather than the update to dual seat.

It'll be great for this particular aircraft to get the full development attention it needs. A few members of the team I fly with, beg us to return to the Hawk. Maybe someday we will switch back to it from the L39c, as our squad formed from flying the Hawk prior to issues with the AFM. Personally I think the Hawk, is the best looking aircraft ever made.

I wish you luck, and look forward to flying it again some time in the future.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Hawk is a great module, everytime there's an update on the module, I give it another try, but feel like it's never completed.

I was hoping to have this module in the final version soon, but now it's like it will worth the coming 6 month wait for a new AFM.

I don't know if I'm sad or happy with the newsletter, but at least those guys at VEAO really want to give us the best they can. So go ahead guys show us what you can do ! :thumbup:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

I agreed with the post highlighting that yes LN too had their problems but in no way should we be bitter about what happened there either, LN have done wonderful work on their MIG and are a really talented group of developers. If I'm honest I think we should as a forum community really appreciate these 3rd party developers and the passion they show to get modules of the highest quality that they can achieve to us. All of them are doing great work. I love all the DCS Modules. I know we pay money and of course we are entitled to a good product in return but there are not many of these developers out there prepared to commit this amount of time and effort into single modules and I have confidence that they will all get there in the end particularly as they learn more and more about DCS code. Also remember as well you are buying beta products. The comparison someone made about a dcs module being much better, of course it will, they have more experience of dcs world and its code, please give these guys time and respect to get the projects done. After all even EDs projects are over time scale. I am completely ok with it because I know it will be a quality product.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV