Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

My experience comes from a racing service that breaks up bad when you have bad latency. You would be ghosting all around just like you see on DCS. this using a Cisco usb Wifi-N card. So I decided to get it hardwired to my pc from the modem, BAM! Even with a high ping lets say 270ms (to an Aussie server)I had 0 ghosting.

People i've recomended giving it a try had very positive feedback on their game experience.

Almost forgot! There is also this weird coincidence between the server messages(farps status, bomber cal message etc...) being distributed, causing microfreeze episodes. Could this messages be sent to the webapp instead them being ingame?.

A player can have low ping and still have packet loss which would lead to warping as the server and client tries to negotiate player state/location. Most people's Wifi setup is all the default config so they're competing with a ton of other devices that are interfering...this is on top of all the signal reception challenges.

I'm not sure how DCS handles its data transfer, but it almost sounds symptomatic of a point to point infrastructure.

Anyway, I sometimes see a .5 to full second pause when troops are dropped into combat by someone else. Not always, though. When the game resumes I'm .5 to a full second further in my flight path so this may be a memory/texture caching hiccup rather than a network issue.

I concur this is an issue at roadbases for red. Did you have your video at an airbase? I can't watch it yet.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a video of the cold start Instant Action mission in singleplayer, but it's identical to the issue seen online (It's not my video).

Sabuli road FARP has one Viggen (#6) slot that seems to have an unlocked compass, but it's significantly inaccurate and rendered unusable for weapons systems. Tested by comparing heading in F10 map to what I'm seeing in-cockpit. The Viggens at Gudauta are all broken as well.

All tests that I've done creating my own missions with cold start Viggens show the same issue. All tests that I've done with hot start Viggens do not exhibit the issue. Heatblur is aware of the problem and has reported that it will be fixed in the next update for 1.5 (it's not an issue in 2.1), but I don' think anyone knows when that is.

Edited by AbortedMan

The slots are being worked on.

Fixed bug just now where persisted units weren't re-spawning properly.

I think i've said repeatedly that the number one goal is as little lag as possible :) - but there is a difference between lag spikes (spawning, disconnects, reconnects), and consistent lag every minute or at a set interval. Wired connection is what I use - for me in the new BF i've yet to see any consistent lag and its a massive improvement over old BF

Someone mentioned they see lag every time there is a server message - This is mostly true.

usually a server message is shown when a base has repaired, or something has spawned (dropped troops, bombers etc) - This spawn causes a tiny lag spike and there is nothing we can do about that - other than not spawning things.... :)

Things that cause lag:

Spawning - Missiles - Units etc

Sensors (radars)

Movement (AI Path Finding)

Amount of players

Connect - Disconnect of players

Player spawn of an aircraft thats not yet been used (model load)

Scripts that check positions or do a lot of work in one go ( we got rid of all of these)

Mistral Gazelle - I've had a few PM's about this.

Again - What I said was i'm happy to swap out the L gazelles at each farp for Mistral - but I need a bit of a consensus before I do. I dont fly gazelle - I don't really know the variants or what people want. L & M was asked for, I put L & M :)

You can lose one L and have one Mistral + L per farp if you all prefer.

As you might've noticed - Im quite new to doing the map stuff, the other guys are busy so i'm doing my best to help out. Someone earlier called me an idiot - I am at the ME. Scripting is what I do - So please bear with me while I slowly sort it. :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

As you might've noticed - Im quite new to doing the map stuff, the other guys are busy so i'm doing my best to help out. Someone earlier called me an idiot - I am at the ME. Scripting is what I do - So please bear with me while I slowly sort it. :)

Ciribob is doing a great job as he was "forced" to get involved with everything (scripting, mission editor, servers etc) in order to get the server ready for testing . Getting the mission file ready and tweaking it was my task but unfortunately I have zero free time at the moment.

Please provide constructive feedback and be patient :thumbup:

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Blue has fighters, attackers, and helis at gudata. I posted about this yesterday. Today I solved it by flying M2000 from Vody. Gave me a bit more time on station than the flanker out of Krymsk

West side sucks for Red. Flying Su27 is a waist of time imho. To much fueling to do. The first sortie can take an hour long. Fill up at Krymsk. Fly 140nm. Fight for 5 mins. Fly back to maykop. Refuel. Server going to restart soon í ½í¸�

M2000 is way better. Jump in at Vody. Fly 140nm. 10-15mins time on station. Fly back to Maykop for rearm refuel.

Other option is to try to rearm at sochi if red. But with blue coming out of gudata, usually sams are empty or sead has knocked sa11s down. What looks clear when you land can change very fast with M2000s coming out of Gudauta. I have been vulched many times there. Not a good place to rearm/refuel.

Im thinking Maykop is still being worked on. Watching my track lastnight it didnt have sa11s either. I do like that blue was moved from sukumi to gudata. Helps their choppers and will help them when pushing red back on west side.

West side doesn't suck. Blue just hasnt had any luck going north and taking Sochi back over. Figure your neutral zone was designed to be north of Sochi and the west now looks better.

I wonder if we need some more farps north of gudata to help encourage action there? I can hear cribobs fingers groaning from the thought of creating more farps. :)

I love how this map moved the farps southwest of Beslan and on down to Oni. There is a lot of good action there!

TJ

Again - What I said was i'm happy to swap out the L gazelles at each farp for Mistral - but I need a bit of a consensus before I do. I dont fly gazelle - I don't really know the variants or what people want. L & M was asked for, I put L & M :)

Looking at it now the farps has 2 Huey's, 2 L and 4 M Variants. Not sure if having 4 M variants is intentional, but could it be changed so the we have 2 M and 2 Mistral variants?

Personally I would like to keep at least one L at each farp.

The slots are being worked on.

Fixed bug just now where persisted units weren't re-spawning properly.

I think i've said repeatedly that the number one goal is as little lag as possible :) - but there is a difference between lag spikes (spawning, disconnects, reconnects), and consistent lag every minute or at a set interval. Wired connection is what I use - for me in the new BF i've yet to see any consistent lag and its a massive improvement over old BF

Someone mentioned they see lag every time there is a server message - This is mostly true.

usually a server message is shown when a base has repaired, or something has spawned (dropped troops, bombers etc) - This spawn causes a tiny lag spike and there is nothing we can do about that - other than not spawning things.... :)

Things that cause lag:

Spawning - Missiles - Units etc

Sensors (radars)

Movement (AI Path Finding)

Amount of players

Connect - Disconnect of players

Player spawn of an aircraft thats not yet been used (model load)

Scripts that check positions or do a lot of work in one go ( we got rid of all of these)

Mistral Gazelle - I've had a few PM's about this.

Honestly all this new stuff is fantastic, the new bases and lives coupled with server stability has given Blue Flag a new lease of life to me, I'm very much looking forward to future rounds.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Honestly all this new stuff is fantastic, the new bases and lives coupled with server stability has given Blue Flag a new lease of life to me, I'm very much looking forward to future rounds.

Agreed!!!

Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/C0_wlALA_Yo?t=60

Sometimes the radar compass unlocks and calibrates to a point of ~50 degrees off your actual heading. Sometimes it doesn't unlock at all and always shows a heading of North. If you're not seeing these issues please let me know how you're achieving this, because even the Instant Action cold start mission is bugged, 104th server is bugged, OpenConflict server is bugged and it's the same result for other people I fly with.

Mavericks don't require navigation system to deploy, so they're not affected. M71 bombs, ARAK rockets, and especially the BK90s are not usable in this state.

You have not loaded your cartridge data in the nav computer (enter 9099 in REF/LOLA mode). I don't know if that causes the issue for me, but that's somethin I do and I don't have these issues.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You have not loaded your cartridge data in the nav computer (enter 9099 in REF/LOLA mode). I don't know if that causes the issue for me, but that's somethin I do and I don't have these issues.

Literally the first thing we do the second the nav computer goes live, still fubar.

Also +1 to Mistral in preference to L.

Literally the first thing we do the second the nav computer goes live, still fubar.

Also +1 to Mistral in preference to L.

It can sometimes a few minutes in multiplayer before the flags go away, don't move the aircraft until the flags on the radar go away and then taxi to the runway.

At the runway, standing still before takeoff use the reference button to align the nav.

It will not align in the pit.

Then after that turn the nob to NAV to start the HUD.

Try that and see if that works.

Yngwie84: ingame & on Twitch

X55-Hotas - Logitech rudder pedals - DCS Bios box.

It can sometimes a few minutes in multiplayer before the flags go away, don't move the aircraft until the flags on the radar go away and then taxi to the runway.

At the runway, standing still before takeoff use the reference button to align the nav.

Tried this as well, the compass starts off with the proper heading and once the nav computer turns on and the flag comes off it snaps to the 0 position and does not move.

It's a bug that heatblur have acknowledged. You can drop it from this thread and discuss it on the HB forums. I'm positive that Hollywood and Aborted and myself are doing it correctly.

TJ

You should also confirm that when you have a "working" compass that it's accurate by clicking on your icon in the F10 map and checking your heading against what you're seeing in the cockpit. Every instance I've seen as of late the radar compass has been significantly inaccurate and still bugged though it moves.

Remember, you can't move (or adjust settings of) anything that was spawned prior to you joining the server. Now that persistence units are a thing, this maybe what you are running into.

TJ

Nope. I was GCI when someone dropped troops and I couldn't move them. Frustrating for GCI. A FARP was about to be captured and just because I couldn't move them some 200 or 300 meters we couldn't capture it -__-

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

Nope. I was GCI when someone dropped troops and I couldn't move them. Frustrating for GCI. A FARP was about to be captured and just because I couldn't move them some 200 or 300 meters we couldn't capture it -__-

The capture zone is quite large if it's still the same from the previous version.

I wonder if: a) they took the wrong troops (only standard troops can capture) or b) if enemy troops spawned when you closed the farp. The enemy troops must be killed before you can cap.

I'll check it out later and see if we can move standard troops. But I'd bet one of the above reasons were why you couldn't cap the farp.

TJ

Edited by Tj1376

Next issue: Team population balancing.

How do we regulate or balance the teams so it's not a 1 vs 20 landslide for either red or blue? It's not fun either way.

That's a really hard questions and something that a lot of people of brought up before.

I personally have no idea how it would be done unless you allow team switching after a certain period, but that defeats the purpose of the server and mission a bit if you ask me.

Again, it's really hard on public servers and I have no idea how it would be done. Hope we figure something out.

That's a really hard questions and something that a lot of people of brought up before.

I personally have no idea how it would be done unless you allow team switching after a certain period, but that defeats the purpose of the server and mission a bit if you ask me.

Again, it's really hard on public servers and I have no idea how it would be done. Hope we figure something out.

The only thing I can think of is having a set range of time that the mission persistence and objective ownership counts...like the map objectives can only be moved during primetime hours (however these are set) based on the average hours that there are equal people on each team. The objectives would be frozen, or reset on map restart, outside of those hours. I don't know, just spitballing here.

The TAW campaign server on IL2:BoS used a quorum population ratio limit mechanic to enable objectives, but this kinda backfired and discouraged people joining the server when quorum wasn't met. Not sure how it would work here.

Edited by AbortedMan