CAS Infinity - Joint Force

EasyEB

CAS Infinity – Joint Force

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2410245/

This mission is for the A-10C.

CASInfinityKey1000.jpg

Ok, so by popular demand I've made this mission for the Black Sea map.

Request tasks consisting of CAS in coordination with ground units and strike missions against enemy supply and armored units behind enemy lines.

TASK TYPES

CAS TASKS -- Coordinate with, and provide close air support to Georgian ground units against targets in and close to Georgian territory.

STRIKE TASKS -- Destroy enemy armored and supply units across the border in Abkazia and southern Russia.

Note that these tasks may involve some flight time to get there.

COORDINATION WITH GROUND UNITS

Ground units Alpha and Bravo are available during CAS missions. At the beginning of the CAS TASK they will be located in close to medium proximity to the target and may be given commands to advance, halt, designate targets, hold fire, open fire and mark their own position via the F10 menu.

ALPHA

3 BMP-2 IFVs.

Marking targets with LASER CODE 1462.

Note that Alpha must be given the command LASERS ON to mark targets.

BRAVO

2 T-72B MBTs.

Marking targets with LASER CODE 1341.

Note that Bravo must be given the command LASERS ON to mark targets.

TARGET DESIGNATION

Reapers will designate targets during all tasks using LASER CODE 1515.

Note that Reaper can be given the command to turn the laser on or off.

KNOWN ISSUES

-Sometimes Alpha and Bravo must be given the "Lasers on" command two times to start marking targets.

-Alpha and/or Bravo may end up in a position where they have trouble finding a path to the target.

CREDITS

Scripts

CAS Infinity, by Chrisofsweden

MIST by Speed and Grimes

CTLD by Ciribob

Dismounts by MBot

Big thanks to all of you for providing these great resources for me to play with.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2410245/

Edited by EasyEB

Update: Enemy trucks now may or may not unload infrantry. They may or may not carry RPGs, so make sure you cover your friends back on the ground. Also, they may or may not carry MANPADS, so watch your own ass when a convoy stops. This is made possible by MBots Dismounts script.

Also, let me take a minute to describe this mission. The thought is to make a whole map kind of low intensity insurgent hunt type of scenario. Your opposition is not battalions of tanks pooring across the border. So if you are after World War 3 type all out war, this is not it. Instead it is smaller assymetric units that make up the opposition, and they are already well inside the country.

Also, there may be times the task if pretty far away. This is intentional and if you think a task is just way to far off you can always skip it.

And another thing: this mission will not hold your hand. You will need to be familiar with inputing coordinates, searching for laser spots, and most imortantly: keep your eyes outside the cockpit. Situational awareness will be required from time to time.

Reaper UAVs will locate the enemy forces and it's up to the Georgian government forces to take them out. With your assistance from the air of course.

UNDER THE HOOD

When you request a CAS task a script will select a random point for the enemy group to spawn. They may consist of between two and about ten vehicles ranging from unarmed and unarmored trucks to main battle tanks (though the latter is a little rarer).

When the enemy group has spawned in, Reaper UAVs will orbit the target and automatically laser designate the target and report it's position (MGRS). Furthermore, the Georgian ground units will have taken up position near the target and stand by for your instructions.

They can be given the command to advance towards the enemy, halt, hold or open fire and they can also laser designate targets, making for quite a show at night using NVGs.

Now, the enemy group may or may not take off from their original position and drive away. The Reaper will follow automatically but the ground units have to be given new commands. You see, when the ground units are given the command to advance they go to where the enemy group was when the command was given.

When the target group stops (either because they arrive to their destination, or disperse when coming under fire) they may unload troops that can defend against armor and/or airborne threats. So keep your eyes peeled.

The other type of task is a Strike mission. This is a bit farther away to the north west, into Russia and is made to be an air interdiction type of task. The setup is about the same though, except no friendlies on the ground on these.

If you plan on going on one of these endevours, hit Arco up for some fuel. TACAN and frequencies for the tankers are in the briefing.

So, all in all it's a pretty random experience. Let's look at what is randomized:

1. Enemy starting location.

2. Enemy group size.

3. If the enemy will drive away from their starting location.

4. Where they will go if they decide to drive off.

5. Where they will stop.

6. If the enemy has disembarking troops.

7. If the enemy disembarking troops is anti-tank or anti-air.

8. Location of friendly forces from the enemy starting position.

These randomized options are randomized each time a task is generated, and sometimes multiple times during the task, such as the enemy route. So the chance of you flying an identical mission two times in a row are slim.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it if you choose to give it a shot. Let me know if you liked it.

Mission updated.

Added: Friendly ground units will report when they have visual contact with the enemy.

Added: Friendly ground units can be ordered to report position (MGRS format). They will also report distance to target if a task is active.

Added: Ground units can now also mark targets with smoke. Be sure to turn their lasers off first, and then on with smoke.

Improved: Friendly ground units will now report when they are taking casualties correctly.

Improved: Enemy spawn locations moved to avoid friendly ground units to end up stuck (no guarrantees though, just role play that their vehicles got bogged down or something).

Changed: Reaper now correctly reports laser off.

I noticed when playing a couple times, after ground troops appear, a bullseye offset is given of location. Is there a way to get targets bullseye offset as soon as you receive task? I had to cheat and use F10 to find location with F-5 and M2000 since they cant make use of UTM coordinates.

It sounded like when AWACS gives you the callout. I think a message popped up but I didn't look at it. It did say group of infantry was new target. I went to F10 map to see where it was pointing to and it was the group I had already found.

Ok, it's probably the Reaper doing an automatic call. I have those turned off so I didn't know it did that. But perhaps I can make the Reaper report current position in a few different formats in the Intel feature. Would you like that?

Not sure why but bearing is usually off by a few degrees with bullseye offset. Tried a few times and each was a stationary group.

Does Reaper automatically lase targets at all times and switch to next one once one is destroyed or do you have to command lasr on/off each time?

Saw new option for laser vehicle only. Is this to skip over manpad as target?

By how many degrees is it off? Is it off by the same amount of degrees every time?

Regarding the Reaper, yes it (and the ground units, if ordered to mark targets) at all times if the target is in range/in sight and switch when the target is destroyed.

Yes, vehicles only does exactly that. I had an instance where I had my gun dry but a sixpack of GBUs, in that case a MANPADS is a very low prio target.

Remember to first turn laser off and then on again if you want to use this feature.