When I close my DCS I have a crash

Hi

My DCS is version "Stable" v1.5.6.1938.247 with a fresh installation.

This morning after few flight with the Viggen and when I've closed my DCS for return to Windows 8.1 and suddenly my DCS crash...

Here I join you my log's folder...

Please can you tell me if you meet the same problem or from my log's file please can you tell me if it's from my DCS ?

Thanks again, Skull

Logs.zip

Edited by Skulleader

Nothing new... has been happening

with quite a few of the last versions, 1.5.xx or 2.0.xx......

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

This happens to me most of the time after playing several misssions or when i was creating a mission and starting it up for controlling what I`ve done. So I got used to this crash behavior.

And yes, it happens in the last stable versions.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hello guys,

This morning I've installed the Mustang's Mod (Ground Textures) and for the moment everything is OK.

Maybe the problem was from the old mod (Ground Textures)...

Same here.

I too have been having this issue. It's not a deal breaker but there is obviously something amiss. I don't have Mustang's Mod so I doubt that is the source of the problem. This seems to have come with the latest update.

Edited by Chief1942

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Hi,

No the Mustang's Mod work fine.

When I've meet this bug it was with an old Mod.

I also have problems exiting the game. No matter if using mods or pure game, exit problems exist both ways. I either get the 'DCS.exe has stopped working' or a black screen which can last up to 3 minutes before returning to the desktop.

This started a few patches ago and now it's a coin flip for me if the game exits cleanly. :(

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Hello ;)

I don't know if it's a good remark but since 1.5.6 when I open my Mission Editor and when I want zoom to the map my DCS freeze few seconds.

Before 1.5.6 I never have this problem :cry:

Other remark, since 1.5.6 many stutters and however I have 60 FPS, so we can say with 1.5.6 DCS crash randomly, freeze during the zoom on the map and many stutters...

Maybe one problem with a memory, DCS manage wrong the memory with 1.5.6, no ?

I hope that ED will be fiw this problem quickly :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiRssTQ3p_SAhVDfRoKHSdWB7AQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnirt.tk%2Fhelp%2F&psig=AFQjCNHhkAu83oTaDPfcaawWwgLCHCjxuA&ust=1487716669632471

• ED Team

If you have not already I would recommend testing for the crash without any unofficial modifications.

Remove your user mods if you have any.

go into your Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder.

There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here."

Then, type the following exactly as printed:

DCS_updater.exe cleanup

this will delete all non official files

then do a dcs repair

DCS_updater.exe repair

retest with a vanilla DCS install

if you still get the crash attach the log again we will take a closer look.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

My DCS is a fresh installation, I've deleted my old version and installed an new version with DCS 1.5.6 Stable version (Vanilla) + No Mods.

But it's always the same problem, I'm not sure but I have the sensation that if I use too longtime my DCS with the Viggen I have more problems.

For me the Viggen and Mig-21 have need more computing's power, more powerfull (CPU, RAM, Graphic Card), you know I understand well because these two modules are really awesome, cockpits, 3D models are really beautiful, for me the most beautiful modules for DCS.

Maybe I've forget to explain that since the release of Viggen I use only this module, so for me DCS 1.5.6 have one problem because with DCS 1.5.5 never have any crash.

With 1.5.6 too much stutters and also this little freeze when I zoom to my map in the Mission Editor.

Here the for Mods that I use with my DCS 1.5.6:

Mustang's land textures.

Ranger79 Base Objects Pack.

Textures cockpits of Ricardo for A-10C and Devrim for KA-50.

I've read that many members have any problems with DCS 1.5.6, if you read the first message #1 from this topic you can read that I have join my DCS' log with my fresh DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182915

Thanks, Skull.

I've had this problem for ages, probably not long after 1.5 replaced 1.2 as the stable version. My brother has the same issue. I've even changed computers and still get it.

Never been too worried, crash on close means I was closing it anyway.

Followed clean up and repair instructions as per previous post, no change.

dcslog.zip

• 1 month later...
I figured out what the problem is.

The 64bit .dll for freetrack.

Don't know of a fix though.

where is this DLL? I'm using opentrack and I don't have any crash... freetrack is very old and not supported anymore, just switch to opentrack