Connecting 6 monitors?

pwrmx24

In X-Plane 10 I can connect my 6 computers each running X-Plane and get 6 different views. they are connected via IP address.

I have DCS World working GREAT with 3 monitors using NVIDIA Surround and only ONE computer.

Is there a way to add more monitors for the same player somehow?

Thanks!

This simulator is AWESOME.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

Yes, there is a lot of great info posted on these forums on how to accomplish your desired goal, like exporting MFCD etc. Or you can simply use windows or in your case Nvidia control to setup additional monitors. Once in DCS go to setting>graphics and select the combined resolution of your new monitor setup. Keep in mind how you arrange them will have a large effect on the outcome. As stated a lot has already been posted by folks with more knowledge than myself.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89282

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116811

These links should help you get started, but there are plenty more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you! Here's my setup now.

I have four monitors now. 3-1920x1080 and one 1050x1680.

The three are hooked to one GTX-970 and the fourth to my older GTS 450. The three are config'd as one monitor with NVIDIA Surround.

I entered 7440x1080 total resolution in the startup options menu. Then set up my screen config file per directions with three camera and two MFCD placed on the fourth monitor.

Every thing looks great except one thing:

There's only one MFCD (the radar) on the fourth monitor. I'm flying F-15C in FC3.

Is there anyway to see the radar or other instruments on my fourth display?

THANKS!

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

Here's my file:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('3 Screen + 2 MFCD');

Description = 'Attempt at 3 monitors each with its own camera and one with 2 MFDs'

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920 / 1080;

},

Center =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920 / 1080;

},

Right =

{

x = 3840;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920 / 1080;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 5760;

y = 0;

width = 840;

height = 1050;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 6600;

y = 0;

width = 840;

height = 1050;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

I have created a very similar setup for the A-10c on a previous computer with a previous install(1.2). That being said I would say yes that it can be done. At best I can point you in the right direction as I never did this with the F-15 but the concepts should be the same.

1.)Can you post a screen shot of your current setup or tell me if the radar(VSD?), which i have to assume is the left_mfcd, takes up the whole 4th monitor or the correct space that you edited?

2.)If it is correct, another assumption would be that the other indicators ,TEWS and PACS are not actually called RIGHT_MFCD. You may need to find that info and change RIGHT_MFCD to the appropriate name.

3.) Take another look at [How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPortsthe topic addresses the A-10C but should be relevant for the F-15C. Not all displays or MFCD are exportable by default and have to moded or setup to be able to exported.

4.) F-15 TEWS/RWR Export ?!

As I said I do not have experience set with the F-15c and this post is mainly based off assumptions, I hope you can dig some useful info out of this. In my search I have not found anyone stating directly that the other viewports can not be exported but I found this poll. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155569&highlight=export which would suggest that it can not currently be done.

Edited by Video
Mistake

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1) I can place the left_MFCD anywhere I want. Any attempt to place a "right MFCD" it's just blank. So the F-15C seems to have only one export MFCD. The radar.

Any idea if Helios or others work w/F-15C?

2) On a related note I adjusted one of the camera views "viewDx = 0 and viewDy = -1"

That adjusted it so one of the monitors was focused down at the control panel when looking forward. Cool. But obviously when looking around using TrackIr that's not good.....it moves. So it would be great if I could just export a camera view. then it would be stable and just sit there while my upper 3 screens would move with trackIr.

3) Also I wonder how many viewports are there in 1.2.16? there's Left, center, and right. Are there any others? if so where are they defined?

Thanks.

1,2)Yeah, Helios would probably be you best option to achieve what you are trying to do. I have tried it out at one time but used hawgtouch instead but Helios may work better for you.

http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/helios

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/F-15C.asp

Another tool/alternative to Helios

http://www.qopru.com/mfcdfc3/

3) I don't know.

But on that note you may be served better(for now) using the 1screen setup rather than the 3 screen.

This shoud work for your setup.

name = _('pwrmx24');

Description = 'pwrmx24'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1080;

viewDx = -0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5760 / 1080;

}

}

Left_MFCD =

{

x = 5760;

y = 0;

width = 1050;

height = 1680;

}

pwrmx24.lua

Edited by Video

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I installed Helios. Does the export.lua go in the user/mydocuments/helios/profiles folder?

You can do 6 monitors the 'in-game' way of they are all the same resolution. If they aren't I think they will have to run at the lowest resolution.

Have a look at this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2565701&postcount=1

For six screens you should be able to add BottomLeft and BottomRight and get a full eye-level and an instrument level cockpit around you. That centre instrument view, zoomed as it is, gives my a very useable size of TD scope and with 27" monitors feels 'the real size'.

One thing though. You will need a powerful card to run it (I didn't see your specs) because you will be running a total in-game resolution of either ;

5760 x 2160

or

11520 x 1080

depending on how the screens are in Windows setup. (Plus bezel correction if you use it.)

My GTX 980 4Gb runs 4 screens at 40-50fps (flying) in 1.5 but in 2.0 (Nevada) it drops to half that although Nevada is still at Alpha.

You might think the lower side cockpit views are a waste in which case you could run 4 Screens and use the side screens to export MFDs etc. which would help the fps.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 1 month later...

3 monitor surround, plus 4th lcd questions

DCS 2.0 question:

I already have 3 monitors (1920X1080P each) in nvidia surround for 5760X1080, which is working well.

But now I have a 4th monitor I have plugged into the iGPU on my cpu/mobo. It is a second monitor in Windows, but only 1280X1024. I want to put my MFCDs from A10C on it.

I can get 5760X1080 working with the MFCDs placed anywhere I want on the surround monitors. But I cannot get them to appear on my 4th monitor. How do you do that? I've googled, but nothing seems to work.

What should I be aiming for? Should I be trying to set my total res in DCS settings to 5760X1080, or 7040X1080, or 7040X1024...? After that, my custom .lua file, should it still set for 5760?

Thanks for your help.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

I figured it out! Yay for me. For anyone else interested in doing the same thing, this is exactly what I ended up doing. I have 3 monitors of 1920X1080 each, in nvidia surround for 5760X1080. I have another monitor plugged into the onboard graphics, at 1280X1024. This is set to the right of my main monitors.

I created a .lua file, the contents below:

name = _('4MonsTest_WIP');

Description = '3MonView1MonMFCDs'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5760/1080;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 5800;

y = 0;

width = 403;

height = 403;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 6250;

y = 0;

width = 403;

height = 403;

}

In DCS2.0, set your res to 7080X1024, and choose the .lua file you saved the above as. It then works for me :)

Thankyou for your help!

Now, do I go for Cougar MFDs so close to VR release? It would be cool for DCS and perhaps Star Citizen/Elite:Dangerous.....

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

• 1 year later...

Get the Cougars. They work well with the A-10, especially if you blue-tack them to the bezel corner of your "instrument" monitor, and set your left and right MFD to appear under them. If nothing else, provide an extra 56 keys that you can use.

I have started using a combination of native exports, exports via modded lua files & settings in Monitorsetup lua and occasionally, where there is nothing to actually export, such as WWII aircraft, the excellent Ikarus app.

I welcome the day when there are no more betas, alphas, and just one version to set up though. ATM it seems to be a constant juggling match to keep up with changes to various luas and different settings for each module.