How to defend against the High Yo-Yo?

OnlyforDCS

Just as the title says, I've been looking for some instructional videos online but haven't been able to find anything regarding the Spit. Would appreciate a point in the right direction, or even ideas and tips. :pilotfly:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think when Yo-Yo sees this, we will all find out popcorn.gif

awesome.png

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I had the same thoughts. :D

First get some separation then fly a turn and gradually tighten it to the point his angle becomes to large and he can't follow you. Then quickly reverse and either get him into scissors or shoot after him while climbing. Play the angles there, it's called an energy trap. But be careful to keep your energy up.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

If you have enough energy, keep turning towards him, now in the vertical to deny him the turning room that he is creating. If you wait a bit and time it correctly, it can develop into vertical scissors.

Another option is to reverse your turn when he is pulling and cannot see you, hoping he loses you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]