The Hornet module... i Blame ED - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 11:30 AM   #1
Doum76

Default The Hornet module... i Blame ED

Well, more or less 5-6 weeks now since the Hornet came out on Open Beta for most of us... I got to blame ED for one thing... Since May 30, i keep buying some VR Games on Oculus Store when those i am interested comes on special. But, because of the Hornet since that « H » Hour/Day, my list of unprogressed VR games also grows up as my new purchased games grows more or less untouched...

The few moments o have to plug on my computer or the long moments I just keep sitting my semi-fat ass in my Hornet's virtual reality cockpit. The so many years i've been waiting was worth each days of waiting. So each time i get free time to plug in, well, i either end up going in for some Carrier Trap, Bomb Runs, Refueling or simply « TRY » to go on Air to Air with some AI's. Since my younger age this aircraft made me dream of flying (ok i'm lieng, younger around the 80's, the Tomcat was my fav one and that was because of G I. Joe But did the Hornet became my Heavy Metal Sexy Beauty ove in early 90's. (I found back then the Hornet as sexy as the X-Wing)

And with all the details ED came up upon on this modules, the constant evolution of the sim's engines, effects, details, lightning effect, speculars, roughmet, got to say in VR, it sorta fill a small dream, in virtual ways.

After 5-6 weeks, i got to say, thanks to all the team, all the reserches, all the talking and paper signing with Boeing. My virtual dream of having a Hornet in DCS since i discovered the Sim in 2010 is finaly here. I was so expecting this module for so long, that's it's one of the first module all the bugs, unemplemented yet system/features doesn'T makes me impatient, because i'm so thankful to be able to fly this bird now in DCS.

ED, this module is the first one, that i can say, makes me sad for going in 2D Graphic design in late 90's, the result of 3D modeling is so awesome now and the potential a competent team with time and lots of efforts, can come upon with.

Thumbs up!

(Enough chit-chatt, now, time to go in for a quick fly before going back to my daily stuff)
Doum76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
Banzaiib

ME: sees thread subject line
ME: [TRIGGERED]
ME: reads post about happy pilot
ME: [/triggered]

great post. I too love flying the hornet. Fighting with it is... well... a WIP, but after a little time in the dogfighting server, it's quite obvious she's going to be a beast in about "two weeks".
Banzaiib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
Wags
ED Team

Thanks. Good to hear after the day I had yesterday.

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
dooom

yeah - it needs to be said more often for sure but the F-18 has reignited that spark i had back when i first hopped into the Ka50 at its release... the thrill of whats to come is huge and i am seeing people joining DCS in our circle of pilots just because of the great work on the F-18.

Seriously - good job and d*mn you all for keeping me indoors during summer.

""This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL
*NOTCH VIDEO F15 vs SU33
*P-51D ANM64 Bombing guide
dooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
fmedges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
The hard work is appreciated. After a tough day at work the Hornet you guys have put together lets me forget my frustrations and just have a good time.
fmedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #6
boscoh

Quote:
The module is amazing. Truly great work to have it this polished for an early access release. It's already better than many flight sims were in their initial general release. You guys are doing a great job fixing things quickly. Excited to see the future releases!
boscoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #7
Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzaiib View Post
ME: sees thread subject line
ME: [TRIGGERED]
ME: reads post about happy pilot
ME: [/triggered]

great post. I too love flying the hornet. Fighting with it is... well... a WIP, but after a little time in the dogfighting server, it's quite obvious she's going to be a beast in about "two weeks".
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does the [_] , [/_] joke. I really thought I was.
Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #8
JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Quote:
I think everyone at VFA-113 feels the same as Boscoh.

Boscoh and I flew Janes F/A-18 in VFA-14 Tophatters back in the late 90s.
We are absolutely blown away at how great the Hornet / Stennis is in multiplayer.
I think yesterday was just the new culture/society where there has to be some big emotive disaster every few weeks. It’s funny to try and guess what the next crisis will be.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #9
Biga42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmedges View Post
The hard work is appreciated. After a tough day at work the Hornet you guys have put together lets me forget my frustrations and just have a good time.
Me too man!
Biga42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:40 AM   #10
Gripes323

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS View Post
… I think yesterday was just the new culture/society where there has to be some big emotive disaster every few weeks. It’s funny to try and guess what the next crisis will be.

What are you guys talking about? Inside "stuff"?
Gripes323 is offline   Reply With Quote