Degraded Su-27 aerodynamic lift - Page 28 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #271
zhukov032186

I don't think so, pretty sure those are old videos. Description indicates older mldels, too. He does also appear to be yanking it around pretty hard, despite chuckles here claiming it's unnecessary
I do solemnly swear to strafe every pilot I shoot down, destructible or not, circumstances permitting, because reasonz. Opponents are advised to assume the position upon landing, or preferably, while still in the air.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #272
jackmckay

Zhukov, what if I tell you that my first pc programming encounter was in 93' on c64 basic, next on 386 (installed in k50) on win3.1 run on dos6.22, coding win clone os-es and vesa driver games on borland pascal, c and c++ in mid 90', entered mechanical engineering colledge in 2001, second colledge in 2004 was IT engineering, cappet in top 10% of students, designing and analysing ship systems and hull for croatian and norweigan shiyards for last 7 years, mastered on CFD fluid-structure interaction analysys and design of smart parts and systems aside from NC programming for big and robotized stuff. Please tell me that I'm not competent in fields we're talking about? Tell me that I can't code on msStudio or Xcode in c++ or c# or any other object oriented language up to assembler level and machine code or even macros for production lines. Tell me that I cant use API calls from Vulcan or DX SDKs. Tell me I cant model 3d animated model in 3dsmax when starting from version 2.5 as now I do model and render terrain and architectural structures as freelancer aside from my actual job. What ever I dont know I will learn. But will you or moderators on forum learn that not everybody here is just player or user, but even professionaly something more serious? How many more people here are even better in things mentioned up nor you or I cant know for sure. So dont pull your cards too soon. ED needs to setup things right in core engine and be ultimately objective about FM and DM models to stop reputation spiralling down by claiming that DCS is thoroughbred simulator. Well it aint by what I can observe backed by my own experience and from reactions of others online. If ED was my company (allready own one), I would say this: '****it guys you're right, we know the issue and we're working on solution. Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it.'
Old 07-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #273
zhukov032186

I would say that I have never had argument with someone on the Internet who did not claim to be an expert whose superior knowledge I should bow before. For all you know, I could have a similar background, but I avoid self qualifying as much as possible because it erodes, rather than enhances, your arguments in 90% of cases, at least on the internet where it can't be verified.

I was also present for the epic 'planes in grass' thread, where people proved both that Russian planes can get stuck running off the runway in-RL and that it is possible to taxi, takeoff, and land in random fields in DCS provided you aren't too heavy and avoid coming to a stop especially, both points you vigorously contested for weeks despite video evidence of both. I fully expect you will continue to do so now.

The only thing I really know about you, Jack, is that your stubborness is the thing of legends and that, at least on occasion, you're full of shit lol But the same can be said of me, and I find you highly amusing, so I give you a pass lol

-edit
I hit space too much and he does it not at all. We should meet in the middle and have proper formatting lol
I do solemnly swear to strafe every pilot I shoot down, destructible or not, circumstances permitting, because reasonz. Opponents are advised to assume the position upon landing, or preferably, while still in the air.

Last edited by zhukov032186; 07-12-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #274
jackmckay

Well, you may be expert in your fields but when you go out and say that none here is competent for DCS topics thats what you get back - someones brief CV to get you back on the ground, considering it as personal credit or discredit i dont care, im pretty honest here. Famous 'stuck on grass' thread also prooves that soil hardness in dry or soaked state is not simulated at all thus many planes used to fail on basic taxing there where they actually shouldn't comparing to tyre roll drag and thrust available, but that what you said now is just another attempt of discredit me by pulling some other offtopic issues over this thread. Yes, Internet is full of various 'experts' but considering my stuborness, don't you really think that by using that feature my team and me could actually make a little more realistic simulator than DCS? If compared to Trump talk style isn't that rhetoric closer to ED maybee by claiming: we will make best flight simulator out there, its gonna be beautifull (thrue, but physics will be manipulated and certain modules favored on behalf of objectiveness and actual data charts). Nevertheless, I'm expecting progress on fields of FM and DM soon and if there will be no progress at all, my remaining time will be used better somewhere else on better causes. Simple as that.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:28 PM   #275
GGTharos
Veteran

Actually no, you'd just get stuck in the typical endless cycle of something not being quite right and your community accusing you of manipulating things to suit your tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmckay View Post
Yes, Internet is full of various 'experts' but considering my stuborness, don't you really think that by using that feature my team and me could actually make a little more realistic simulator than DCS?

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
Old 07-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #276
zhukov032186

I am 100% certain you would tell people they are wrong, what you did is 100% true and accurate, because you are incapable of making a mistake without ripping the fabric of spacetime.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #277
jackmckay

Work guys, work.. Time is running. DCS sucks, back to drawing boards.. or face comunity meltdown. No hard feelings, but where is the proof of FM validation vs actual charts? Untill that comes up, dcs is not a simulator.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #278
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Example why we need -rep back

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Old 07-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #279
zhukov032186

Can any of you imagine a Jack McKay being developed while being badgered by Jack McKay? Internet Gold right there!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #280
jackmckay

For a start, I would be kind and open to my customers. Then I would check competence confonted and act as diplomat. Also would implement 'anger level' on bugs reported and acted nice and prioritize one most reported.
Closed Thread